Macross Frontier Episode 10 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 10 rating  

225 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Episode 10?

• Positive (Ranka looks so cute in Mao's dress)
    • No Opinion/Neutral
    • Negative (Why waste time watching this when I can watch M0?)

After all perhaps Hikaru and Minmey did have cellphones, they just never thought to use them for some reason.

The cellphones, yeah I love seeing Alto and Ranka chatting over their phones like a couple of lovebird until Sheryl voice came in. :lol:

Is it just me, or did Ranka have a bit of the tan in the scene where she was singing Aimo while the VF-0 was plummeting to the ocean? Her skin looks slightly darker than in the other scenes (even the ones with similar lighting).

Edited by d3v

Is it just me, or did Ranke have a bit of the tan in the scene where she was singing Aimo while the VF-0 was plummeting to the ocean? Her skin looks slightly darker than in the other scenes (even the ones with similar lighting).

hur no

look like it is just the lighting effects

Three cheers to the character designers coming up with Sheryl's wardrobe.

Every episode she's been wearing something new and it's quite a treat for the eyes.

Where does the woman/man (Brera's boss?) who meet Leon secretly get the "earing" object that is given to Leon?

I think that is from Sheryl's ear ring that she give/borrow to Alto isn't it?

Why does she/he give that to Leon?

Anyone have any ideas/hints?

Three cheers to the character designers coming up with Sheryl's wardrobe.

Every episode she's been wearing something new and it's quite a treat for the eyes.

I agree, she wears that most interesting cloth. :)

I still finds her hair (color) very fastinating. How it is pink and then blond in strong light. Wish there is something like that in the real world. Must look very funky.

For the record, I found myself eager to watch Macross Zero right after I watched this episode (which I did). Good episode in my book. I say MF is just starting to heat up. All these "feel good" episodes usually means something heart wrenching will happen soon.

Where does the woman/man (Brera's boss?) who meet Leon secretly get the "earing" object that is given to Leon?

I think that is from Sheryl's ear ring that she give/borrow to Alto isn't it?

Why does she/he give that to Leon?

Anyone have any ideas/hints?

It's the same crystal, but I'd be surprised if it was from the ear ring...

On that note though, I wonder if they aren't going to play mixup with the next episode.. Wasn't it Hikaru who missed Minmay's birthday? While it'd be easy for them to do that again, I kind of hope they mix it around some... like, maybe have Ranka missing a birthday due to work.. I kinda doubt it, but it sure would be a different twist.

Btw, the stone that Leon got tossed to him by... hmmm... (is tempted to call him Neo).. anyway, it didn't look at all like the earring, it looked like a rough cut shard, not at all polished. The jewels in the earrings were perfectly smooth. Now, it might be that the shard is all that's left of the earring, and was recovered.. but I seriously doubt it, given what was left of that vajra carrier. ^_^

I'm loving things so far.

I gotta say - i think "hydra" is a poor name for a 4 legged monster with one head and wings. If I was an Eden colonist and encountered a lion-like thing with wings I would have called it a "griffon" or "manticore" or possibly the more generic "chimera'". The Hydra was a multi-headed snake.

No point really. Just that the Eden colonists were not that well versed in classic myths and that I'm a pedant.

On that note though, I wonder if they aren't going to play mixup with the next episode.. Wasn't it Hikaru who missed Minmay's birthday? While it'd be easy for them to do that again, I kind of hope they mix it around some... like, maybe have Ranka missing a birthday due to work.. I kinda doubt it, but it sure would be a different twist.

Btw, the stone that Leon got tossed to him by... hmmm... (is tempted to call him Neo).. anyway, it didn't look at all like the earring, it looked like a rough cut shard, not at all polished. The jewels in the earrings were perfectly smooth. Now, it might be that the shard is all that's left of the earring, and was recovered.. but I seriously doubt it, given what was left of that vajra carrier. ^_^

First... Next episode

will be about Ranka and Sheryl both trying to make parties for Alto's birthday... and Alto skipping them both, hehe... I believe because each will have their hands full of family matters/work/promotions, etc.

Second, I believe the "agent" (I bet is Grace) was asking Leon for Super Dimension Resonance Crystals (not her words) in exchange of giving him information on the Vajra and the VF-27... The agent gave the sample to Leon to show him what she wanted...

Why would the agent ask for more crystals? I bet they are used in both the VF-27 and the Vajra... (Perhaps as powersource).

Btw... Did Alto got his hair cut short in this episode? I just couldn't notice it, hehe... :wacko:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

I'm loving things so far.

I gotta say - i think "hydra" is a poor name for a 4 legged monster with one head and wings. If I was an Eden colonist and encountered a lion-like thing with wings I would have called it a "griffon" or "manticore" or possibly the more generic "chimera'". The Hydra was a multi-headed snake.

No point really. Just that the Eden colonists were not that well versed in classic myths and that I'm a pedant.

I agree Hydra makes me think water dwelling creature. Maybe with the destruction of Earth in the first interstellar war mythology got a bit screwed up? :lol:

really i would want to check it out

i have problem with aia part 1, cannot read using software to convert to my iphone

mkv does not work

i need avi

would check out shinsen and see

Shinsen releases in both MKV and AVI formats, just different resolutions.

An okay episode, nice to see some out-of-valk action and Ranka get the fame she deserved. However, if the M0 connection turns out to be simply a red herring or homage, I'll rank this episode a lot higher.
i just watched the Spanish subs.... wasn't sure about this one but when Brere cut the Chimera in half (and we see the guts!)... yeah.... ^_^

and the Kite IS BACK! :lol:

Shinsen releases in both MKV and AVI formats, just different resolutions.

Really? I justed check the distro page on their website they list only .avi which IIRC was less the 1280 x 720. I can't argue that their subs are not good but I want to watch MacF at full rez on my tv not in a window on my desktop.

Really? I justed check the distro page on their website they list only .avi which IIRC was less the 1280 x 720. I can't argue that their subs are not good but I want to watch MacF at full rez on my tv not in a window on my desktop.

I was wondering that too, since when did shinsen release a mkv version.

Edited by Tsuchiro

I was wondering that too, since when did shinsen release a mkv version.

I dunno. I just know I want some sub in HD (720p t least) is welcome and on MP4 (H264) to able to view them on my PS3/LCD TV.

MKV's can be translated to PS3-readable MP4s but the subs are missing. :(

I dunno. I just know I want some sub in HD (720p t least) is welcome and on MP4 (H264) to able to view them on my PS3/LCD TV.

MKV's can be translated to PS3-readable MP4s but the subs are missing. :(

Menclave release both mp4 and mkv

Edited by Tsuchiro