Macross Frontier Episode 10 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 10 rating  

225 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Episode 10?

• Positive (Ranka looks so cute in Mao's dress)
    • No Opinion/Neutral
    • Negative (Why waste time watching this when I can watch M0?)

Yes... Totally possible. I bet the Large Red Vajra's Spirals are genetically coded in it... proof of a relation to the AFOS/Bird Human...

Since the AFOS/Bird Human blood was used for a transfusion on Dr. Mao during Macross Zero, the Vajra must have been developed from her blood!!!! :ph34r:

No, she was turn into axlotl tank and NUNS use it to produce Vajra and their ships :ph34r:

Possible, but taking such a long time to reverse engineer it? Possible but not likely.....

Taksraven

Likely, since Mao must have become a Doc lots of years after the events of Zero (she was 11 then) and resources must have been very very scarce at the end of Space War I. Bet Vajra development must have started 15 to 20 years later at least.

Btw... Check this out. Is from the 2008 version of the Macross Official Chronology...

M3 Episode 4 Black Celebration

Invasion of the Secret Relics Base

The Dancing Skull special forces team destroy an abandoned UN Forces biological weapons research base at the site of Protoculture ruins on the planet New Asia, after the base is deemed a biohazard.

That's a whole 14 years after the AFOS incident...

No, she was turn into axlotl tank and NUNS use it to produce Vajra and their ships :ph34r:

Hehehe... Sheryl and Ranka must be Gholas of Sara and Mao then... :lol: LONG LIVE THE FIGHTERS!!!!

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

I really understand why Agent "G" made the reference to the Hydra while he/she was talking to Leon. Something about the "true terror" of the Vajra, which seems so out of place in that conversation.

Then I had a theory that they played around with the Hydra and injected it with V-type Virus. Just to make it crazy. But then again, it did look like a predator.

They don't really change the script or anything, they just redraw and reanimate parts that were rushed for TV broadcasting. Think of it as releasing a movie where you can see a microphone in a scene and the production didn't have time or budget to reshoot it, and digitally removing it for the DVD release. Nothing storywise was changed, but a mistake was corrected all the same.

I still don`t like going back and making changes after airing at all.

Wow so much speculation over a series that hasn't been completed yet. I don't post in these topics as there is no point in discussing plot elements to an incomplete story. Id rather watch the whole thing first then talk about my thoughts on the story and or plot overall and my opinions on the anime.

Oh well I guess for some ppl talking about a brand new series is fun because you don't know what to expect yet but thats not my thing. NE way on with the topic, just my 2 cents.

Maybe Shin and Sara were taken by the aliens and will return during Frontier merged into a unit called "Tigerhawk" that will be trashed in the next episode. Ha, Ha. :lol::wacko::blink:

Taksraven

Hey this is Macross not Beast Wars :p hehe And TigerHawk was bitchn' (for the few seconds that we knew him)

after watching 10 for more than 10 times, i vote Positive on 10.

it is actually better than the sheryl pantie chase episode, i dun know why, but this one is better.

i love ranka lee expression when she watch the premiere, it is so funny.

i also like sheryl nome facial expression and shout alto hurry up, like on the bed, ask the guy to hurry up type of situation.

i hope i get a gf which is so dominating. i love sheryl.

I kinda hope Frontier DOESN'T answer what happened to them...I liked the ambiguity of the ending, which could be happy or sad, depending on what you think happened.

I just wonder what the PUBLIC thought happened. The events of Macross Zero was classified and kept secret until a later time. Whatever ppl think happened during the Bird Human Incident is what the government tell ppl. I wonder what kind of "role" or importance Shinn and Sara played in those stories. And i'm really curious what is the "official" ending that the UN Spacy told happened to Sara and Shinn. They got abducted by the Birdman? They became godly beings?

Anyway here's some comparison shots between Frontier and Zero.

http://www.darkmirage.com/2008/06/06/macro...tier/#more-1162

I just wonder what the PUBLIC thought happened. The events of Macross Zero was classified and kept secret until a later time. Whatever ppl think happened during the Bird Human Incident is what the government tell ppl. I wonder what kind of "role" or importance Shinn and Sara played in those stories. And i'm really curious what is the "official" ending that the UN Spacy told happened to Sara and Shinn. They got abducted by the Birdman? They became godly beings?

I see the islander, Sara, spotted a new look with brunette hair, perfect curls, lipstick, while her sister, Mao, inexplicably became a green hair half-Zentradi.

Edited by Eaglearcher

It is sort of interesting actually; compared to DYRL as a retelling of events that took major liberties (and at that, a retelling of incredibly widely known and public events), it is interesting that this "Bird Human" movie, as far as we know, is an almost perfect re-enactment of a classified event. Just sort of curious when comparing it to all the changes and liberties taken when DYRL was made within the Macross universe (I do understand the external reasons for this, but just looking at it within the Macross universe, it's a striking difference).

-Elektrix

AHA~~

A detail...

Original character of Mao, Macross F

ゆうちゃん

Mao CV, Macross Zero

南里 香(なんり ゆうか)

SK kill Original CV for Ranka's Mao~~~~~~~~~

Explanation in English...please?

After looking at the link, I think that, clearly, the public didn't realize that Nutuk the Old Shaman didn't exist...

(I was also a little annoyed by the blogger's "cost-saving" cracks...I guess I don't mind reused footage as long it's done cleverly. I always thought "Phantasm" from SDF M was the gold standard for how to do a clip show...now I have to add "Legend of Zero" as the gold standard for how to recycle backgrounds...)

Grrr...now I'm gonna be wishing the whole time that we could see the full movie, just so we could know what major changes they made in the story.. <_<

The fact that they portray Mao as just fine at the ending, and standing on the shore, rather than in a hospital gown and on the deck of a carrier, makes me wonder what all they changed. The revival of Mao with APHOS blood was a pretty big plot point in Zero... it's probably still completely classified, but I'd love to see what they came up with instead. ^_^

Edited by Chronocidal

Grrr...now I'm gonna be wishing the whole time that we could see the full movie, just so we could know what major changes they made in the story.. <_<

The fact that they portray Mao as just fine at the ending, and standing on the shore, rather than in a hospital gown and on the deck of a carrier, makes me wonder what all they changed. The revival of Mao with APHOS blood was a pretty big plot point in Zero... it's probably still completely classified, but I'd love to see what they came up with instead. ^_^

Well...on the one hand, since "Bird Human" is not a real movie, the changes we saw are the only changes that exist. But getting more into the spirit of things, Nutuk the shaman doesn't appear to be a character in the movie, and his important points in the story involved A) telling the Mayan legend of the Protoculture uplifing humanity, and B) doing the ceremony for Mao after the blood transfusion. The Mayan legend could be retold in other ways (through Sara, for example), but the fact that Nutuk isn't in the movie coupled with the fact that "Mao" looks fine at the end of the movie makes me think that the transfusion would've been cut out completely.

Which also probably means no Mini-Mao appearing the Shin's VF-0...

if it is classified, how the hell do they get the story to film the film so accurately.

i think it is no more classify

actually anyone can explain what happen to zero.

the plane crash and the main actor dead. what was the story all about. the part where some force bring him up, is just an artistic expression right.

artistic expression like when during the sheryl concert, ranka did not talk to sheryl, just an artistic expression to bring two person closer, and understand each other.

Well considering in Mac 7 Hikaru had a hair fart and glasses,a red VF-19 and cardboard FAST Packs and Minmay had pink hair, you probably already know how Frontierwood changed Zero... :p

if it is classified, how the hell do they get the story to film the film so accurately.

i think it is no more classify

actually anyone can explain what happen to zero.

the plane crash and the main actor dead. what was the story all about. the part where some force bring him up, is just an artistic expression right.

artistic expression like when during the sheryl concert, ranka did not talk to sheryl, just an artistic expression to bring two person closer, and understand each other.

Pick a theory, any theory...

it's the most likely place if they wanted to keep those events secret. iIt was a military instillation, it had jobs involving the reconstruction of the Macross (which was also had secrecy involved). Easily taking care of two problems at once.

Yeah, it is the most likely place. Give 'em all government jobs and then keep an eye on them, so they don't blab.

Well considering in Mac 7 Hikaru had a hair fart and glasses,a red VF-19 and cardboard FAST Packs and Minmay had pink hair, you probably already know how Frontierwood changed Zero... :p

Crap... that explains what Sheryl was there for, as well as the EX-gear pics she had. Sheryl must've been playing Nora...

So, midway through the movie, some vajra must've popped up and tried to make contact with the fake APHOS prop, so Sheryl jumps in her custom pink VF-25/SV-51 replica, goes completely berserk, and bum rushes the vajra yelling "GET OFF THE SET, YOU'RE SCREWING UP THE MOVIE!!!"

She gets nearly wiped out, and crashes the plane on the island before Alto catches up and wipes the floor with the vajra, but the battle turns out so well that they scrap the original effects sequences and use the real stuff, wiping the fake APHOS out, and CGing the vajra into a new and more sinister looking APHOS, which Shin defeats in a crazy blaze of glory, leaving his VF-0 in tatters from when he shoved a nuke down it's throat for killing Sara before he could save her.

Oh, and Sheryl's singing the whole time. :lol:

Edited by Chronocidal

Crap... that explains what Sheryl was there for, as well as the EX-gear pics she had. Sheryl must've been playing Nora...

So, midway through the movie, some vajra must've popped up and tried to make contact with the fake APHOS prop, so Sheryl jumps in her custom pink VF-25/SV-51 replica, goes completely berserk, and bum rushes the vajra yelling "GET OFF THE SET, YOU'RE SCREWING UP THE MOVIE!!!"

She gets nearly wiped out, and crashes the plane on the island before Alto catches up and wipes the floor with the vajra, but the battle turns out so well that they scrap the original effects sequences and use the real stuff, wiping the fake APHOS out, and CGing the vajra into a new and more sinister looking APHOS, which Shin defeats in a crazy blaze of glory, leaving his VF-0 in tatters from when he shoved a nuke down it's throat for killing Sara before he could save her.

Oh, and Sheryl's singing the whole time. :lol:

I'd pay for that movie ^_^

..... so 28 pages later.... who played DD or Roy in the movie? :blink:

Mikhail as DD and Luca as Roy. Unfortunately, Luca's petition to get Nanase as Aries was left unheeded.

Edited by d3v

Hopefully they got the same guy that played Roy in DYRL... his performance was perfect and he looked practically identical.

Of course, you'll need to take 30 years off his face considering that movie was made in the 2030s. :)

Maybe they cloned Roy from blood samples they still had, so it was Roy's clone in the movie. :p

I like how they cged in the VF-0 over the VF-25, unlike in the M7 DYRL remake...

Edited by Sumdumgai

I bet they got Aegis Focker to play him.

Too bad they didn't get Sheryl to play Sara, that could've been a selling point for the movie...

"STARRING TWO ACTORS WITH AMBIGUOUS CONNECTIONS TO THE CHARACTERS THEY PLAY!"

And I wish I could figure out a way to shoehorn Claudia in there to play Edgar...

The thing to remember of course is Mac7 was made in the 90s when CGI was relatively new. It probably didn't occur to the story writers who wrote that episode that they could CG a VF-1 over the VF-19 custom that they were using because it was still something new that wasn't used as often as it is today (where it is used in practically everything). It is the same thing as why none of the characters in SDF Macross have cell phones, because it was made in 1982 before there were cellphones (or at least before such a thing became common place, all they had in the 80's that was similar was the big brick portable phone). I would guess we are to assume that either in the Macross universe technology developed differently (especially after the crash of ASS-1) for things like cellphones and CGI or when we see these things used in Frontier like we'd expect then it is simply a retcon. After all perhaps Hikaru and Minmey did have cellphones, they just never thought to use them for some reason.