Macross Frontier Episode 10 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 10 rating  

225 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Episode 10?

• Positive (Ranka looks so cute in Mao's dress)
    • No Opinion/Neutral
    • Negative (Why waste time watching this when I can watch M0?)

One week without MF episode, half of the member are already high on spices, and next week we're getting another pause for women volleyballs :ph34r:.

Actually the pause is only for tbs, but it will still be airing on mbs.

Edited by Tsuchiro

The 19 was only ever shown with two dimensional thrust vectoring (pitch axis) while the 22 could do yaw and pitch.

As for an IVCS, wouldn't that work only for Battroid mode where you could use the inertia from by moving the limbs to maneuver the craft without having to expend propellant (or move quicker by using both inertia and verniers).

Ah I see, I was simply misunderstanding the meaning of 3 dimensional as including yaw which would allow it to cover all 3 dimensions of course since technically pitch and roll only covers two. When I thought 3D thrust vectoring I was thinking pitch and roll but not yaw. For that the engines don't have to vector side to side, just one moves up and the other moves down and you have a roll. If you mean the 22, and by legacy the 27 can thrust vector their engines side to side then I understand what you mean (which would mean they can thrust vector on pitch, yaw, and roll axis whereas others are just pitch and roll). Truthfully though besides for use in space flight I don't see much point to thrust vectoring on the yaw axis when you can roll and pitch for turning in an atmosphere (which is less air resistant), in space though yaw axis vectoring would be very useful.

Well officially there is no explanation on what the IVCS actually does there is only guess and speculation. I figured it worked in all modes but I can see why one would think it is a battroid only thing since it was derived from the Q-Raus which are battroid-esque. Also again it depends on whether you are talking about space flight or atmospheric flight. There is no friction or gravity(sort of) in space so inertia is already a little wonky from what we are used to on a planetary level.

Ah I see, I was simply misunderstanding the meaning of 3 dimensional as including yaw which would allow it to cover all 3 dimensions of course since technically pitch and roll only covers two. When I thought 3D thrust vectoring I was thinking pitch and roll but not yaw. For that the engines don't have to vector side to side, just one moves up and the other moves down and you have a roll. If you mean the 22, and by legacy the 27 can thrust vector their engines side to side then I understand what you mean (which would mean they can thrust vector on pitch, yaw, and roll axis whereas others are just pitch and roll). Truthfully though besides for use in space flight I don't see much point to thrust vectoring on the yaw axis when you can roll and pitch for turning in an atmosphere (which is less air resistant), in space though yaw axis vectoring would be very useful.

Well officially there is no explanation on what the IVCS actually does there is only guess and speculation. I figured it worked in all modes but I can see why one would think it is a battroid only thing since it was derived from the Q-Raus which are battroid-esque. Also again it depends on whether you are talking about space flight or atmospheric flight. There is no friction or gravity(sort of) in space so inertia is already a little wonky from what we are used to on a planetary level.

I always thought of IVCS as similar to AMBAC (Active Mass Balance Auto-Control) in UC Gundam, which is basically using Newtons third law of movement by utilizing the counter-movements from when a MS (or Battroid as could be the case with IVCS) moves it limbs.

Possible but debatable, in space moving the limbs won't do much for you though if you aren't giving off any exhaust. In atmosphere it could help though.

YOU DIDN'T SEE IT??? Man, was it ever awesome! The Frontier ran into

Fire bomber

, and together they found the

Megaroad-01

!

Minmay

and

Basara

sang a duet, and then

Basara got torn to pieces by the Vajra

in a really gory scene. Now

Misa

is

the Captain

of the Frontier, and Michael

hooked up with Mylene

! (I guess he really DOES like older women! :p )

Oh, and the next ep preview showed

Isamu and Myung

!

DAMN, this show is great! Start looking for the episode now! And if you can't find it, KEEP LOOKING UNTIL YOU DO!

Glad i didn't see it!!! :lol:

Not that this is the place for it, but wouldn't yaw vectoring allow you to keep trim and peform coordinated turns, slips, and crabs without the use of vertical stabs? I mean removing them or even just the control surface on them would decrease drag.

Not that this is the place for it, but wouldn't yaw vectoring allow you to keep trim and peform coordinated turns, slips, and crabs without the use of vertical stabs? I mean removing them or even just the control surface on them would decrease drag.

Yes it would, we've already seen the YF-21/VF-22 without vertical tail surfaces (instead having "ruddervators," elevators that cana ct as rudders). Also, the VF-17/171 uses thrust vectoring to control Yaw angle though I doubt it can control roll).

Of course it does depend on whether you have traditional vertical stabilizers or not, without them yaw vectoring is much more useful. Case and point the VF-27 does not have Vertical Stabilizers. The VF-25 does have vertical stabilizers so it probably didn't bother with yaw vectoring. Also both the 27 and 25 are used mostly in space anyway so at that point it is just operational preference, for the VF-27's spec ops role the yaw vectoring is allowing more maneuverability where the VF-25 uses RCS/Vernier thrusters for those kinds of turns in space and its role as an all purpose fighter means it doesn't need that specific system really.

As for the 17/171 if they can do pitch vectoring then they can do roll vectoring, it is just a case of vectoring each engine in the opposite direction on the pitch axis depending on which way you want to roll (this in combination with vernier thrusters).

Possible but debatable, in space moving the limbs won't do much for you though if you aren't giving off any exhaust. In atmosphere it could help though.

It means for turning/rotating and stuff. Theoretically, when you move an arm, Newtons third law will mean that the torso will move in the opposite direction. this way you only expend propellant when you jet from point to point or stop, and not when you change direction.

Edited by d3v

Doesn't this stuff belong in the mecha/technology thread?

Anyway, just watched a Zero marathon (first time I watched it actually, I put it aside years ago) and then this episode (specifically because of ep10, I held off on both for a week). It made for a much better viewing experience.

Edited by ComicKaze

Doesn't this stuff belong in the mecha/technology thread?

Anyway, just watched a Zero marathon (first time I watched it actually, I put it aside years ago) and then this episode (specifically because of ep10, I held off on both for a week). It made for a much better viewing experience.

Yes, I've noticed each episode thread spiral into mecha talk. WE HAVE A THREAD FOR THAT :):p

Calm down MisaForever! It's ok, it is a mecha show, it is bound to happen. Lets put a cap on this topic anyway, it has served its purpose. As for that bit about moving the limbs you made a good point d3v so I'd agree, but I'd assume you wouldn't need a special system to just move the limbs so I still don't know if that is what IVCS is. No matter though, the topic is basically moot since there is no official explanation.

Calm down MisaForever! It's ok, it is a mecha show, it is bound to happen. Lets put a cap on this topic anyway, it has served its purpose. As for that bit about moving the limbs you made a good point d3v so I'd agree, but I'd assume you wouldn't need a special system to just move the limbs so I still don't know if that is what IVCS is. No matter though, the topic is basically moot since there is no official explanation.

Who's not calm? I simply stated the obvious as something I've noticed for quite awhile now. :) Mecha =/= everything in Macross :D

Should I want to meet this big Jaffa friend? :D

He may be busy, but if you wish you need to find a way to space fold into an alternate universe and then use a Stargate the rest of the way to meet up with him. Watch out for Vajra during the fold fault crossings... and Goa'uld once in the other universe.

He may be busy, but if you wish you need to find a way to space fold into an alternate universe and then use a Stargate the rest of the way to meet up with him. Watch out for Vajra during the fold fault crossings... and Goa'uld once in the other universe.

*stays home* :ph34r:

It equals all the cool stuff though! :lol:

Some of us could care less about otaku theories of transformation intricacies, possible physics explanations, or the positioning of screens or how comfortable cockpit chairs are. It's all fictional and pretty absurd anyway to try to constitute this stuff into reality. Maybe I'll change my mind when one of you can tell me how Michel makes his Battroid emote like a teasing schoolboy.

I'd rather talk about story, music, and characters.

And this despite being a mecha-head.

Maybe I'll change my mind when one of you can tell me how Michel makes his Battroid emote like a teasing schoolboy.

He inputs up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, Start.

Either that, or it moves through the power of Song Energy.

It's pimp energy, Mihail is going to be the next Gendo from Evangelion Redeath. :lol:

If so, then Mikhail's gonna have to learn a thing or two from Basara then. Mikhail can't even get it on with one Meltran who he happens to be childhood friends with, Basara has his choice from a whole fleet.

Edited by d3v

Mikhail can't even get it on with one Meltran who he happens to be childhood friends with

I believe is kind of a tragedy that Klan Klan is perhaps the only girl in the whole show who really cares for Michael Blanc despite his flaws (womanizing anyone?). She seems to be in love with him (remember her tears on episode 9), but sadly that's a relationship that will never be... (for obvious reasons). :unsure:

Go Macro Michel!!!! :lol:

post-7862-1213778869_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

hmm... maybe if KK got infected with the V-type virus, it'll sort out her genes and she gets micronized properly. viruses do afterall cause mutations, albeit usually deterimentally. still, i'm waiting to catch an x-men virus someday :D

In Macross, viruses cause evolution and carry genes as per the Birdman in Macross Zero.

It could work out that way perfectly fine.

I believe is kind of a tragedy that Klan Klan is perhaps the only girl in the whole show who really cares for Michael Blanc despite his flaws (womanizing anyone?). She seems to be in love with him (remember her tears on episode 9), but sadly that's a relationship that will never be... (for obvious reasons). :unsure:

Go Macro Michel!!!! :lol:

Michel needs to take some of Fokker's classic advice on women.

And speaking of which, we've seen Ozma drinking, so how long do you think before we see him take a VF-25 out while drunk (after all, you can't fight a war if you're afraid of a little alcohol).

Edited by d3v

I wonder if this means that they'll be "on time" for ep. 11 onwards?

We can only hope. However this is great news for me, now that Shinsen has all up to ep. 10 I can burn my second MacF DVD, kawaii!

W00t, this thread's finally been moved off the important topics and the one for 11 is up!

Now all we need is for Mr. March to come up with one of his excellent summaries to officially end this thread.