Macross Revoltech

CF18

Just got my 3 regults. Shipped SAL from HLJ to CA. Not too bad IMO.

I put all three missile pods on to a single regult putting the second and third into the "ear" holes so he has 12 missiles. I will post pics when I get a chance. These are very fun little guys. Great pose ability.

With the Toynami 1/100 VF1-J. Obviously too small, but it'll suit my needs.

May as well post some comments now that I've had a little time to fiddle with it. First impression: clean, crisp, and detailed. I love the white color they used. Swoosh's pictures above really compliment how good it looks. It *does* look that good. Second impression: Eh, it's a little smaller than I had hoped, but not too small. Third impression: I should have bought two.

Posing's a bit...trying. The hips don't quite move like you'd expect because of the revoltech joint there, and the knee joints rotate a little too freely on mine. You can get all those poses you see though, it's just not as instant as you'd expect. I figure it'll be easier the more I pose it. It's just the nature of the legs.

I love how you can turn, rotate, and aim the main blasters.

This is my second Revoltech(the other being Megatron who's legs are much easier to pose).

post-4708-1211921172_thumb.jpg

post-4708-1211921179_thumb.jpg

post-4708-1211921190_thumb.jpg

Edited by Alpha OTS

Nice. Wonder if there is any chance for a Glaug and Monster. Those might make good use of Revoltech joints.

Well from what I heard from a local retailer they are planning on doing some larger figures in the future, so I wouldn't dismiss the chances of a Q-Rau or Glaug, though a Monster is probably not likely.

The Revoltech REGULT is excellent!!! My only complaint is that they only added a Heavy Missile accesory. They should have added the Light Missile Launchers too... :unsure:

I also found this disappointing. Even the Bandai Macross Mission 2 Gashapon Set came with two Regults with one having the light missile accessory, and the other having the heavy missile accessory as optional parts. They probably figured that you're getting a larger figure for the same price as a Revoltech VF-1, so only one optional accessory was included. That, and I'm sure they will put out another one with the other missile accessory to force people to buy that one too. I just hope it's not a hard-to-get exclusive.

Edited by sidearmsalpha

Personally, I'm not that impressed with Revoltech quality to date. Out of the three Revoltech toys I've bought (VF-1J, VF-1S & VF-1A), two have had problems.

My VF-1S was missing the open left hand and my VF-1A had sloppy paint application and a crack on the chest plate, just above the heat shield.

Graham

I completely AGREE with U about Revoltech Quality, nothing brilliant, just the joint click-technology, but I noticed the samples in those exhibitions are much better in quality than the finished product, obviously the mass production system isn´t perfect, but I expected more QC in my Super VF-1s. Maybe not as worse issue problems as yours, but bad luck too.

¿What are those initial sample models made of?

¿Why are they so fine and sharp?

I understand they need to smooth those angles for a better extraction after injection, but this model samples are exactly, the selling image of the product, wich is a trick for best selling it, like all gashapons.

I´ll wait for 1/100 toynami YFs, if possible.

ATTENTION: Everyone who preordered a Revoltech Millia VF-1J (Hobby Japan Exclusive) from SAMURAI MONKEY, get your butts over to his site now to put your payment in!

Don't miss out! I almost forgot, myself. The final cost ends up being around $58.75 for one, which seems a bit much at first...until you factor in shipping costs to him from HJ and then to you...plus the price of the magazine (required to order the figure). Rob's a great guy for providing this service to us, so don't delay!

Thanks for the info! Been looking all over for a place to order these. Digital-toys had them for preorder for $22, but I totally missed out on them. BBTS had them for $44, so it's comparable.

gallery_3118_46_370380.jpg

More in my gallery.

gallery_3118_46_391106.jpg

Revoltechs are the best, small and light enough to be held by blue-tak using the stands. My cabinet is looking more fuller every day. :lol: Totally hope we get the recon Regult, and GLAUG. More power to the Zentran army!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Got my Regult recently, and I think mine's slightly defective. The joints in the leg are pretty loose, which is rather unusual (in my experience) for revoltechs.

It is a pretty cool figure though.