Macross Revoltech

CF18

ruskiiVFaussie, It's like a subway at rush hour!!!

Did you give your CMS Misa a mini-skirt?

HEh heh no, it's taken from Millia 3 pack (wedding dress lower torso, legs and panty goodness) sweet hey!

Nice pictures ruskiiVFaussie! I really like the extra pin-point barriers on the YF-21. Your YF-19 pose is in a great spot because the dark roof of your display cabinet hides the stand attached to the Revy. Cool stuff!

I still think Revoltech should give us clear stands instead of black but you are right they can be hidden sneakinly! :)

I've been waiting to do this ever since i ordered them early birded from hlj.com. SAL is slow, cheap, but worth it in the end.

Holy Cheese and Rice, your cabinet looks like a fat guy wearing a small shirt anxious to bust at the seems for relief.

lol thanks man, i'll take that as a compliment.

pure gorgeous insanity!

Insane in the membrane!

I'm still distracted by the twin Revy's when I look at the display case :p Is that Saber wearing Rin's clothes right at the bottom shelf?

In the topic of valk posing, the upside down revos look awesome :3

Yeah, i get alot of comments on the "friendly revys" ... :p Glad you like my display man. I do it all for you!

Well, me really. :p Sharing is fun! :-D

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Got 2 new Revoltechs this week....only now getting to take them out and mess with them....Picked up the 1J and the 1S--All I can say is WOW! For the price you can not beat this little gems!!! What I wouldn't have given to have these back when I was about 10 years old!!!! Oh well delayed gratification right!!???? They can make as many of these as they want! I am in!

RuskiiVFaussie I finally got the modified Hasegawa stand and YF-19 to mount under the glass.

And finally in honor of Mr March's peek pose.

awesome! It looks great posed like that, i just used normal revy stands with 3 globs of blue-tak.

And i just gotta say the 1J cannon fodder is very cool. Good job!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

NMWT-44, I have one Max VF-1J and it is perfect.

Three Hikaru VF-1J, one had a bad mold/hole and a wing was glued down. That was the one used as a basis for the CF custom.

I am happy over all with the revoltechs they don't seem to have any major QC issues other than the odd paint job.

If you get the VF-19 be careful of the head laser. Mine joined Graham's in the broken club trying to get my clear stand to work.

RuskiiVFaussie, I don't have any of that blue-tak stuff but have seen all the great things that have been done with it. I was tying to use the clear adhesive pad, Hasegawa Aircraft Stand, with the parts of the Hasegawa Robot Stand. In the end, I drilled a hole in the clear arm and used the Revoltech ball joint and tossed out the Robot Stand claw but the clear pad is what is on the glass. That was after I busted the head laser on the 19. Glad I ordered two.

I broke too many parts from the stands so the YF-21 has to sit on the floor of the display. Awful choice if I order new stands for parts then I have to reduce purchases elsewhere.

Got to love the budget. <_<

Mr March, Glad you like the CF. I got tired waiting to see if Revoltech would release one and broke out the airbrush. Now my hobbies are banned from the kitchen and I am restricted to using my airbrush outside.

NMWT-44, I have one Max VF-1J and it is perfect.

Three Hikaru VF-1J, one had a bad mold/hole and a wing was glued down. That was the one used as a basis for the CF custom.

I am happy over all with the revoltechs they don't seem to have any major QC issues other than the odd paint job.

If you get the VF-19 be careful of the head laser. Mine joined Graham's in the broken club trying to get my clear stand to work.

thx for your feedback, I heard the VF-1J MAX has sloppy paint job, I intend to get one since I only have a Regult, a VF-1S roy and one Hikki so far. Still debating if I should get those M+ rivals.........

thx for your feedback, I heard the VF-1J MAX has sloppy paint job, I intend to get one since I only have a Regult, a VF-1S roy and one Hikki so far. Still debating if I should get those M+ rivals.........

My VF-1J Max is the sharpest paint job of my Revo Valks. The Regult is sharper, and my VF-1A Hikaru is the messiest, but even that's pretty sharp.

RuskiiVFaussie, I don't have any of that blue-tak stuff but have seen all the great things that have been done with it. I was tying to use the clear adhesive pad, Hasegawa Aircraft Stand, with the parts of the Hasegawa Robot Stand. In the end, I drilled a hole in the clear arm and used the Revoltech ball joint and tossed out the Robot Stand claw but the clear pad is what is on the glass. That was after I busted the head laser on the 19. Glad I ordered two.

I broke too many parts from the stands so the YF-21 has to sit on the floor of the display. Awful choice if I order new stands for parts then I have to reduce purchases elsewhere.

Cool. :D

I now have 4 revoltechs: Vf-1a, Regult, Yf-19 and Yf-21.

My Yf-19 and Yf-21 have much tigheter joints then the other 2, and i love them very very much, smaller than the pictures, but much nicer too than what i see in the picture. Kudos to revoltech. My vf-1a looks bad ass, but one hand a bit loos. Its ok though, excellent display, really spices up my collection. As for my regult, although it is damn nice, i cant seem to make it stand anymore without falling or using the given stand. It used to stand, not sure what happened, maybe my bros decided to mess with it when i was gone. ;)

Ok, before I start...

post-5089-1216007692_thumb.jpg

post-5089-1216007921_thumb.jpg

ATTAAAA!!!

*ahem* still using my cam phone, so sorry again about the quality.

Ok, just got the YF-19 yesterday, and boy, I'm much more satisfied with this figure than I was with the VF-1S. I wished it was bigger though.

post-5089-1216008067_thumb.jpg post-5089-1216008726_thumb.jpg post-5089-1216009971_thumb.jpg

But a balance test is a must for me, so I put it through a kicking test, led by Optimus Prime :p :

post-5089-1216008334_thumb.jpg post-5089-1216008454_thumb.jpg post-5089-1216008491_thumb.jpg

Another balancing test, this time the YF-19 going solo:

post-5089-1216008626_thumb.jpg

It held up quite really nicely, and never fell, unless I shove it down. :D

I held off buying the YF-21 for now, as I'm keeping a close eye on my budget. If I have enough, I'll think of getting it this month, and Regult next, so for now I have the VF-1S as the opponent :p :

post-5089-1216009901_thumb.jpg post-5089-1216010032_thumb.jpg post-5089-1216010087_thumb.jpg post-5089-1216013101_thumb.jpg

Pin-Point Barrier Kick!:

post-5089-1216011945_thumb.jpg

Looks like I don't need to modify the shield to hold the gun, just use the revoltech joint on the shield as a clip point for the gun's exposed trigger area:

post-5089-1216013236_thumb.jpg post-5089-1216013794_thumb.jpg

Previous attempts at the shield and gun thing, basically just holding the gunpod in place without any clipping. The shield joint is hard enough that it'll hold it in:

post-5089-1216014131_thumb.jpg post-5089-1216014468_thumb.jpg post-5089-1216014514_thumb.jpg

And now, for some wacky antics(basically the two figures going "What the hell, man!?!" :p :

post-5089-1216014809_thumb.jpg post-5089-1216014835_thumb.jpgpost-5089-1216014865_thumb.jpg

post-5089-1216015033_thumb.jpg post-5089-1216015072_thumb.jpg

Enjoy. :D

RuskiiVFaussie: :D Yay, thanks!

geepogi: A lot of guys here have been wondering about that as well. As Kaiyodo's quite busy with the Idol Master characters, I don't think we'll be seeing any Macross Fraulein anytime soon.

Here's a thought that popped into my head: Revoltech Macross VF/YF GERWALKs. What do you guys/gals think? Shall Kaiyodo make them to complement the Battroid versions? They're still potentially posable for a Revoltech. Why not? More money for Kaiyodo for something kinda unique in their Revoltech lineup. :p

Edited by MangledMess

I'm not too keen on that idea. Of course it goes without saying make character figs and they'd sell like hot cakes!

They still gotta make battroids of all the Zero ova, plus some Frontier goodness of course, while the series is hot!

I'd say Frontier battroids will be next on the macross agenda. Bandai started the party already, time for everyone to play.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I still think it'll be an interesting idea, but I can see they'd want to concentrate on the Battroid versions, as they're more recognizable. :D But I understand if you're not keen on them.

Heh, first, Kaiyodo shouldn't neglect the VF-11B. I mean, come on, make it a trio for the Revoltech M+ series.

Edited by MangledMess

I bought the only one I have seen on ebay so far. It's flesh colored. :(

They are supposeably only for sellers to give to their customers in case of breakages. Not supposed to be for sale of any kind.

I got a set coming as a prezzie from my mate who received a few sets, plus i think i may be lucky to get a Revyplier!

but i'm not sure yet, i'll show pics once the package arrives.

The cool thing i'm thinking of is using the Revy joints and using it on PVC figures that aren't poseable/articulated, and turning

them into figures! Imagine the possibilities.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie