Macross Revoltech

CF18

?

It's not like I'd be overly bothered if the FAST Pack colors weren't in olive-grey like the anime. It certainly won't stop me from buying this YF-19 toy. But I am beginning to understand now how you feel. I really hope all these numerous production pictures and advertisments are just pre-production alphas and the real selling item will have the olive-grey FAST Packs. I hate how they make me worry :lol::wacko:

Edited by Mr March

It's not like I'd be overly bothered if the FAST Pack colors weren't in olive-grey like the anime. It certainly won't stop me from buying this YF-19 toy. But I am beginning to understand now how you feel. I really hope all these numerous production pictures and advertisments are just pre-production alphas and the real selling item will have the olive-grey FAST Packs. I hate how they make me worry :lol::wacko:

If they are the correct color on not, I will buy one but if not then I have to use the Hasegawa as a guide and mix some paint. I wonder if the wings fold out on the 19 and if we will see the blue VF-19A from "VF-X"

Fly4victory

Hehehe, you might have a market there for other Macross fans that want the same. Like the old "Hand Recast" thing that went on for the 1/48 line :)

miriya

I was sold from the very first pictures I saw. Everything else is just icing on the cake :)

Just came back from Japan, the Regult and VF1J Max type, were in windows everywhere but not to buy. doh!

After getting the Revoltech VF 1S not to mention Shin Getta I'm really won over by Revoltech and bought a heap in Japan, for the pricepoint they can't be beat.

Am I the only one here who'd like to see Revoltech Bretai so I can pose him duking it out with the VF1j?

No free samples = not a good toy

Well to be honest, why would they give him free samples? He already has a predisposition towards hating them. If they are such bad sculpts, he shouldn't buy them. Why support a bad figure with your money?

Edited by GogDog

Not good sculpt = not good toy.

Graham

I tend to agree as far as the YF-19 goes... the Revoltech joints just look goofy on that mecha, and the anime derived sculpt does suffer for it. The YF-21, however, is a whole different story; Omega One is bulgy by design, specially with the stylized sculpt, and the ball joints complement its aesthetics perfectly... add to that the beautiful finish on it (judging from the pictures) and the YF-21 is a complete out-of-the-park home run.

Yep, I love the way the sculpts of the Revoltechs matche the Kawamori line art style. And they can do all the great poses from the anime. They are as good as non-transformable figures get IMO and I'm buying them specifically for that reason. For a good transformable, the new VF-1 1/60 is where I'm going, but action figures, Revoltech has it down.

ok, not Macross, but this pic is from the revotech line, and I have no idea what this beast is called. any help?

post-806-1208911794_thumb.jpg

I thinks it's from a subline coming out called Borg Assemble, but I'm not sure. That pic was at WonderFest with a bunch and partially translucent, very alien-looking figures.

Borg Assemble, hmm, kinda looks like Stickfas or Xevoz on anime crack. But in a good way :)

Found more info on that beast, its called the Tristriker and has 3 modes (go figure).

post-806-1208924017_thumb.jpg

If you want to see more of the figure that go with that, go here and click the green (fifth one down) bar on the left of the flash picture.

LINK

Oh, and by the way, there is another Revoltech thread in the Anime and Science Fiction forum. I'm sure others would rather leave this one specifically for Macross related Revoltechs.

Edit

And it's "Assemble Borg," not Borg Assemble. I got it wrong. Here's another pic.

PIC

Posted more info HERE in the other thread.

Edited by GogDog

I really like this pic of the Revoltech YF-19. Looks like that one scene where Isamu is flying the -19 for the first time, and he's having the time of his life.

http://ga.sbcr.jp/mgangu/009713/04.html

I wonder if the -21 is going to have 2 gunpods? I see one pic of it and the accessories showing 2 gunpods, then another pic (and the ad) only showing 1 gunpod.

Funny! Because that same picture is the one that made me decide that I absolutely must get one of these! Subjectivity>Form? :blink:

Certainly looks that way. I suppose I've just come to love the lines on the 1/60 yammie version. Truth be told, I'll probably pass on the Macross releases all togetger. Revoltech is an excellent format, as we get some characters/mecha we don't see anywhere else (they still have the nicest Dante figure that you can actually pose) but if I'm gonna shell out 200 bucks for the big transforming versions of the 19/21 I might as well just stick with those.

Well, the problem with the transforming Yamato's is that they could never achieve the poses that the Revoltech figures can, and for the asking price, you get a cool, extremely poseable figure. Doesn't bother me that it can't transform. That's the trade-off. The way I see it, I can build a cool display with different versions ot the YF-19. A cool looking transforming one from Yamato, the Revoltech version in some dynamic pose, the GN-U version (maybe), and the smaller line of Yamato versions in the 3 different modes. I can't wait for more of these to come out. Of course, it'll probably mean I'll have to give up something to collect more of these or sell off stuff that I don't really want or need anymore to make room.

I've no idea why people have a problem enjoying both, particularly for the wants both products fulfill exclusively. As much as I love and want more transformable Yamato's, they can't offer anime-like sculpts nor articulation that allows poses directly from the anime shows. It's like sidearmsalpha posted, we're buying Revoltechs for the specific reason they were designed; perfect replication of anime articulation. Of course, the Revoltechs also have the virtue of being much smaller and much, much cheaper.

If there was a transformable toy that offered the best of everything, there would be no reason for a Revoltech (other than to fulfill a market for smaller, cheaper toys, which is in itself important).

Slightly off topic, this is what also makes no sense to me regarding the fan criticisms of the new Yamato 1/60 scale VF-1. To me, the sculpt appears more anime-like, the articulation has been improved and the size is smaller. It's improving in almost every way and that's EXACTLY what I want. Yamato has my money on the new 1/60 VF-1. It's awesome!

However...

I won't be 100% fully satisfied until Yamato, Kaiyodo, or some other company makes a fully, perfect transformable VF-1 Valkyrie between 15-25 cenimeters in height that has the articulation of a Revoltech, the styling of a Hasegawa and the most favourable compromise of proportions between Fighter, Battroid and GERWALK modes. I'll continue to purhase Macross products that fulfill each of those wants until such time as a product is made that satisfies them all! :)

Edited by Mr March

sidearmsalpha and Mr. March,

I guess I'm a different kind of collector. I don't want one shelf full of different toys of Isamu's YF-19 and one shelf full of focker's VF-1 etc. I want one YF-19 and

one Focker VF-1 and I want the best rendition of each with transformation at the very top of my list of priorities. If I were to own the old Yamato 1/72 YF-19 and 21, I would have sold them the moment the 1/60's were anounced.

sidearmsalpha and Mr. March,

I guess I'm a different kind of collector. I don't want one shelf full of different toys of Isamu's YF-19 and one shelf full of focker's VF-1 etc. I want one YF-19 and

one Focker VF-1 and I want the best rendition of each with transformation at the very top of my list of priorities. If I were to own the old Yamato 1/72 YF-19 and 21, I would have sold them the moment the 1/60's were anounced.

Well that's just it: I'm not a collector. I don't own hundreds of figures and models and I don't complete product lines; I have a small collection of figures. I too like to purchase the best and the best transformable is Yamato. The best articulation is Revoltech. I also trade up over time. I purchased Yamato's first 1/60 VF-1, then sold it to buy my second 1/48. I'm now going to sell one of my 1/48s and buy the new Yamato 1/60. And at the cheap prices for the Revoltechs, I'll grab them on the side. From my perspecitve, things keep getting better, both the products and my ever changing "collection".