1/60 perfect transforming vf-1 from yamato?

Shaggydog

The top of the missile rack is suppose to be as tall if not taller than the VF-1. It's too short but I dont care... it's bad ass and look at the detail plus poseabilty... it's a whole lot better than not getting one.

I forget where I have that scale drawing of the different Macross mecha, but the Destroids

were always short and stocky compared to their transforming kin.

The Destroid IS a lot shorter, but the top of the missile rack makes it as tall. I checked the Macross Compendium for the heights.

The more I see of the 1/60, the more it looks freaking perfect. It's just gorgeous. I love the sleek legs, the Gerwalk mode, and the proportions of the nose and canopy. Come out already, dang it!

I'm glad to see news on this thing after so long. I'd hate for it to become vaporware.

I normally don't get excited about expensive, non transforming toys, but the destroid looks hot. I might have to get it.

Edited by danth

something definitlely amiss there.... with the shoulders angled upwards like that, it would make the arms too long it they hung down straight. look and the comparison between the 1/48 and 1/60 arms... the 1/60 lloks like its gonna have gorilla syndrome. But the knees scult is looking way better IMHO.

something definitlely amiss there.... with the shoulders angled upwards like that, it would make the arms too long it they hung down straight. look and the comparison between the 1/48 and 1/60 arms... the 1/60 lloks like its gonna have gorilla syndrome. But the knees scult is looking way better IMHO.

Just seems that the nose cone is smaller...that's the only thing I see.

:ph34r:

the arms of the 1/60 are bent more at teh elbow than the 1/48 making them look shorter, and the shoulder itself is angled upwards like on vf-0, so if that shoulder joint was at the normal angle, and the elbows were not bent, the arms would be a good bit longer... trick of the pose ;)

The Destroid IS a lot shorter, but the top of the missile rack makes it as tall. I checked the Macross Compendium for the heights.

The comparitive height sketch shows a Tomahawk with a somewhat oversized missle launcher however. If the rest of the drawing is to scale, the 1/60 is pretty accurate. If the height in the sketch was to spec and the drawing itself disproportionate, then we've got a slightly out of scale destroid. Anyone have actual "official" height specs?

It is slightly shorter at the nosecone. Also don't forget the fuselage slides upward ala the 1/60 VF-0 in battroid mode.

I'm cool with this for sure!

Does anybody else find the proportions on the upper torso of the 1/60 kinda weird compared to the 1/48 in that pic?

I find the 1/48s proportions weird, and the new 1/60 fixes those proportions. Skinny arms/big chest/chicken fingers<bigger arms in proportion to chest + bigger hands. Also, it looks like not only are they giving us hands with moving fingers, but also swappable fixed pose hands!

Hmm, I'm at a quandary. I still don't have a VF-1S. Should I wait for the 1/60 one, or get a 1/48 one?

Currently my puny VF-1 collection consists of 1x Fast Pack, 1x Low Vis 2 , 1x Super/Strike Stealth, basically a 1A and a 1J. Roy's VF-1S would round up my collection and go with my FAST packs, but the 1/60 one looks good too. Would you guys still go ahead and get a 1/48 Roy if you didn't have one now?

Yeah I can't remember his name either, but maybe it was this guy

post-515-1207120299_thumb.jpg

Ummmmm.....what? I can't read it mate. Can you make it a bit clearer?

Misterryno, just expand the window it pops-up in as far as humanly possible and it should become legible.

LOL....I'm an idiot. :D I got it. THANKS!

Yeah I can't remember his name either, but maybe it was this guy

post-515-1207120299_thumb.jpg

Crap, the guy's using the exact same username as me, and soiling the reputation of Macrossworld to boot! And scanning photos of Macross toys! What a freaking bastard!

Edited by gingaio

Crap, the guy's using the exact same username as me, and soiling the reputation of Macrossworld to boot! What a freaking bastard!

It's you isn't it?!? :angry: I KNEW IT!!! You killed Kenny!!! You Bastardo!!!

I'm just kidding....unless it really is you.....which it prob. is not.

If you note on that lineart pic of the battroid standing next to the destroid, the feet look more flat than that toy. So if the toy had the ability to flatten out the feet thrusters more it would make the battroid be a little bit shorter.

What does it mean? Well the battroid wouldn't be as tall if they had some way of putting two joints on the thruster. Like have a "toe joint" so that it could have the thruster spread apart at a wider angle to make the valk look shorter, but have the toe piece move so that the part that touches the ground can still sit flush. Might not be canon but I think it would be a cool feature to make the battroid look shorter like in the pic. It has a segment on the "high heels" so maybe they can hide the extra hinge underneath the top half or something?

2000305059811789833_rs.jpg

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

oooooooOOooo NICE!!!!!!!! Which magazine is this and month issue please chowyunskinny? :D

I wanna see what the YF-21 pics are about! :( Tomohawk looks brilliant. As does the VF-1S.

In case you haven't found out already, it's the latest (May) issue of Dengeki Hobby. A nice set of photos on the YF-21, but not much else that's Macross related.

In case you haven't found out already, it's the latest (May) issue of Dengeki Hobby. A nice set of photos on the YF-21, but not much else that's Macross related.

I found Dengeki Hobby online....but for one I can't read Japanese....and for 2 I could'nt seem to find anything on the YF-21 for some reason. If ANYONE has the pics or can get the pics....PLEASE POST THEM! THANKS.