1/60 perfect transforming vf-1 from yamato?

Shaggydog

QUOTE (Fatalist @ Apr 5 2008, 06:19 PM)

Seriously, get a life. It wasnt funny the first time. Still isnt funny now.

He's talking to you, jackass. Mr. Fatalist and I are in complete agreement as to the utter seriousness of preserving VF-1 thread virginity (and keeping the space-time continuum in check), even if we aren't in complete agreement as to the usage of apostrophes.

Sincerely,

Existentialist gingaio

What ever the hell this is about. Stop it

Cause seeing a guy agrue with himself is giving me a head ache.

gingaio - thankyou! funniest thing i've read all day. (you're not stuck at work too by any chance.. boredom is the second biggest killer in the workplace you know :p )

Yeah, how'd you guess? :)

I'm stuck in front of my laptop trying to craft a lesson plan for Monday's English class (mostly freshmen). Got some anime (Ghost in the Shell:SAC), some sci-fi flicks (Blade Runner), and some hardcore philosophy (Baudrillard) to mash together. Suffice to say, the issue of true identities has been running through my head.

Anyway, I feel your pain (of having to work). Good talking to you.

Edited by gingaio

Wow. :mellow:

Soooooo........How bout that up and coming v2 1/60 VF-1....that thing is gonna be the...well...it's gonna be the $hit.

:ph34r:

:D

You talking to me?

yeah i got some Beowulf, AvPR and some other brainless movies to helpme through it.

I am seriously dying right now :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Lets hope the sean connery bikini pic will not have an excuse to rear it's ugly head in this thread...

OOooooooooo :blink: Now that I would like to see ^_^

I'm thinking of modifying my 1S 1/60 as a Max 1S. I can't wait to have one! :(

If there is anyone that goes off more in DRYL? in a battroid it's Max.

I'd wait and see if they're gonna make a DRYL Max 1S, you never know, they just might make one in this new 1/60 line. ;)

-Kyp

Don't know if these have already been posted and I can't figure out how to save the images to post them but the Yamato site has high res images of the 1/60 VF-1S with fastpacks. http://www.yamato-toys.com/items/detail.php?gid=1185 (go photozoomer)

Looks like we'll be getting faspack detail like the 1/48. Impressive considering the smaller scale, but to be honest I was hoping the fastpacks would be simpler to keep the cost down.

Everyone get back on topic, or the thread's closed. (that includes mentioning Zardoz)

Boy that 1/60 VF1 is looking good Yamato!

Wow! Double jointed shoulders! Dude that is just awesome! Even I don't have double jointed shoulders!

So is that nose smaller, or is the 1/60 VF-1 NOT glad to see me?

Way to make a more stable B8P Yamato - looking snazzy.

I am so snagging this one up!

How many days now?

Will they release a Minmey Gaurd or a VF-1D in 1/60? Because that's what I would kill for!

Come on Yamato! Get your heads out of the sand and smell the sweet wind of market demand!

I hope there are no QC issues with this baby! It better be tight!

Oh wow! The 1/60 VF-1! Should I sell my 1/48s? Is the 1/48 line dead?

I'm already nostalgic for more 1/48s - they really rule!

But having an in scale VF-1 with the other stuff will be great fun.

Actually - the VF-1 is pretty small compared to the SV-51 for example.

Wow! VF1 in 1/60 scale - whou would'a thought it!

VFTF1 (in 1/60 scale no less!)

Didn't want to go back and read through pages of stuff, but I'm sure this was mentioned already...

Holy Shi-ite!!! Checked out the link to the Yamato website in Crazy Canuck II's post. They managed to incorporate micro-missiles in the boosters! Damn! That and the removeable covers on the leg armor was something I wasn't expecting. I hope they remove the locking hook on the backpack. I was hoping they would do something similar to the 1/48 hook.

Yeah, it seems like they are gearing up for the double seater. It is a bit too squashy, especially combined with the shorter nose...oh well, I guess you just can't win with a VF-1

I am a little bit concern about some of the detail paint application. From some of the close-up, you can see very lazy/poor paint workmanship. Given it is a smaller figure, paint QC will be a worry. let's hope there will be alot of tampo print like SV-51.

Still looks a little funny to me with the pilot so far up front but i guess it will grow on me.

Can't wait to have one! Do hope the VF-1D will be next, it will look perfect.

The paint might look sloppy because that may actually still be a resin model or testshot, I'm not even sure. It definitely is not final. I hope the micromissles are not removeable. If they are there is potential for me to lose a ton of parts. Its looking great so far, double jointed elbows, nice size, more tv animation model-like appearance, details on the armor, et al.

What's up with the silver philips screw on the left armor???

ehhh....doesn't look that bad. I am sure someone or Yamato will find a way to cover it up.

The nose looks stubby in fighter mode.

Your nose looks stubby in fighter mode :mellow:

Yeah...I agree...it does...but I don't mind it. I don't like it when in Battroid mode it looks all pointy and weird.