I can't decide what to get, SV 51 or YF 19?

lord_zed

Hi everyone,

I've dropped by this forum every now and then for many years now, but I finally decided to join as I thought I'd see if I could get some help. You see I've finally sold enough Transformers from my collection to warrant buying one of Yamatos Large Valkyries. Now I have a few Yamatos 1:60 vfs and the like, I also have the Koenig Monster which I wasn't all that impressed by (ya can't pose him much, not that much detail). Anyways I've decided I wanna get one of the big Valks, but something different from the VF1, and the two I'm drawn to are the SV 51 and the Yf 19.

The problem is I can't decide which I should get and can only afford one for now anyway, the Yf 19 is cool and from my favourte macross series, but I find the SV 51 a really sexy design. So I was wondering If I could get some opinions on these 2 by people who have bought one or both of them. Is there any clear winner. Also is there much difference between the 2 SV 50 types (aside from colour that is).

Any help would be appreciated as I've been stuck for well over a month trying to decide.

This is a dilemma now isn't it? :p YF-19, or the SV-51...

Can't go wrong with either, only if you get the 2nd release (Fold Booster combo) YF-19,

and really the Nora (2nd release SV-51) is only improved by some nit picky things, and the Ivanov is pretty sound...

.. toss a coin? :p

Go the SV-51..

You'll be damned if you get the 19, you will only just need to get the 21 straight after in a few months. :p

was in the same dilemma.. ended up getting the YF-19 plus Fold booster.. (after literally tossing a coin!) :lol:

never had the slightest regret.. but as what others say, you surely can't go wrong either valks and eventually you'll have to get the other one sooner or later ;)

+1 SV-51 Ivanov - The Mechanical Devil -

I have 5 19's and 3 51's and I am sitting here looking at them right now and I can't deide which one I like better. I would have to flip a coin.

Edited by sqidd

Kensei hit the nail on the head. It depends on you. Now if you were getting both eventually, thenit is a toss-up. Now if you were only go for one, it is hard. If you dont have enemy mecha, this SV-51 is the one to get. If you love M+, then get the yf-19.

I do not have either so please pardon me for posting but I personally love the SV-51 design and think that it is a gorgeous piece. I do like the YF-19 too though and had the same problem as you until the Nora came out and then it was a no-brainer for me so I ordered a Nora. I do hope to get a YF-19 as well whenever I can afford it. Maybe the FP version or maybe a repaint if a nice one comes out.

Do you want canon color schemes or repaint non-canon color schemes? If you want pure awesomeness, wait and see if Yamato does the Dobber scheme for the SV-51.

I'm not a big fan of the SV-51, but if they do Dobber's scheme, I'm getting one. :D

The YF-19 is awesome. They might do some other schemes, but no confirmation or certainty yet.

From the two, I only have the SV-51.

It's one of my favourite figures. Both battroid and fighter modes are excellent (fighter is awesome), never really cared much for gerwalk. It's relatively easy and simple to transform once you figure out the arms\shoulders (instructions don't help on that account). Bought this along with a VF-0S, 0S is back in it's box whilst this one sits proudly on the display table. Plus, it comes with a display stand of it's own.

The YF-19 has an awesome battroid, no arguement there. Don't like the other two modes that much. Comes with no display stand (and, depending on whether you want the FP ver. or the regular) has very few accessories.

At retail, the SV-51 is slightly more expensive, but you get more bang for your buck.

Id get the 19, but thats largely a preferance of design. The 51 is a great toy, and botht he Ivanov and Nora schemes are cool. Actually, the CF scheme isnt to bad either.

But for my money, the 19, especially if u can get the Fp version. The new 25th anni ones should be out soon too i believe...

Kensei hit the nail on the head. It depends on you. Now if you were getting both eventually, thenit is a toss-up. Now if you were only go for one, it is hard. If you dont have enemy mecha, this SV-51 is the one to get. If you love M+, then get the yf-19.

If there is anyone that has hit the nail on the head it's Knightdramon. You get more bang for your buck with the SV-51.

Stand,

Gunpod (of course)

Missile ordnance,

Boosters,

and a pope hat.

As i stated flip a coin man!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

The "Braindead" variable fighter with pope hat: SV-51

"I kick @ss for the lord!" :lol:

The 19 is really nice. :D Really really nice. I have mine parked on my desk in fighter mode right now, right in front of my monitor, so I can look down at it whenever I want. And a pleasant sight it is indeed. :D

To be honest, you can't go wrong with either and it should come down to which one you prefer the the look of the most.

The first release of the YF-19 (without Fold Booster) and the Ivanov SV-51 have a couple of very minor issues ( wonky gunpod for YF-19 & lose wing hinges for SV-51), but these shouldn't be deal breakers.

The Nora SV-51 and YF-19 with Fold Booster set are great toys, with nary a flaw to be found IMO.

Graham

You cannot deny the beauty that is the YF-19.

Well, I don't have an SV51 yet, so I can't really compare.

(1/72 Hasegawa by Kurt, 1/60 Yamato by Takatoys, 1/144 Doyusha)

yf19sxw9.jpg

When I get the 25th Anniversary YF-19 from VE, I'll transform it so I can have one to pose in battroid.

Edited by Chowser

Love the YF-19FP.

I was eyeballing the Nora SV-51 this weekend. Looks like a beauty, but I'd say that ultimately you need both. Given the relative pricing (YF-19FP is cheaper at ~200-220$ while the Nora was $240) I'd say that should make it easier.

hi

The 19 is the old wave

wait a bit a get the new low vis from yamato of the V-51

CASH big time if yamato go ahead and they are going to do it :ph34r:

should be closed to mine and dobber scheme

it is only a matter of time now

yamato is having meetings at the moment and are figuring out the scheme for the flanker camo on their computers

there is no match if you are looking for a really nice fighter mode :rolleyes:

:lol:

dsc02496dn5.jpg

hi

The 19 is the old wave

wait a bit a get the new low vis from yamato of the V-51

CASH big time if yamato go ahead and they are going to do it :ph34r:

should be closed to mine and dobber scheme

it is only a matter of time now

yamato is having meetings at the moment and are figuring out the scheme for the flanker camo on their computers

there is no match if you are looking for a really nice fighter mode :rolleyes:

:lol:

Good to hear that they are proactive about the flanker schemes. I just bought a nora type but I may have to get a dobber too.