Bandai Macross Frontier toys thread

valhary

Ozma's armored VF-25S would look awesome as a trading figure with Itano Circus. I hope Bandai uses super tight ratchets on the DX if they make the heavy armor attachements for the VF-25S.

Yeah, I'm curious to see how they work out the balance, the various armor packs are so large and cumbersome. I guess this is where the extra heft of the diecast will be an add bonus.

Yes they have, the chogokin line are spectacular and truly high end.

...So why didn't they do similar for macross ?

Have you ever seen SOC prototypes? Some of them look like someone played around with loads of styrene sheet and low grade resin, eg. they ressemble a bunch of boxes that really only vaguely ressemble the subject while having a transformation with...issues. :rolleyes:

The prototype of the VF-25 looks like a prototype that's just above that - one made to show off the transformation while also looking somewhat more like the subject it's supposed to represent. Besides, it's a resin prototype, so it suffers from all of the problems those have like heavy parts and joints that cannot support the weight.

Those SOC prototypes also look like they are full of issues, too. But they do not compare to the final product.

I'll reserve my judgement until Bandai comes with a multi-media test shot showing off the diecast.

Edited by Salamander

Have you ever seen SOC prototypes? Some of them look like someone played around with loads of styrene sheet and low grade resin, eg. they ressemble a bunch of boxes that really only vaguely ressemble the subject while having a transformation with...issues. :rolleyes:

The prototype of the VF-25 looks like a prototype that's just above that - one made to show off the transformation while also looking somewhat more like the subject it's supposed to represent. Besides, it's a resin prototype, so it suffers from all of the problems those have like heavy parts and joints that cannot support the weight.

Those SOC prototypes also look like they are full of issues, too. But they do not compare to the final product.

I'll reserve my judgement until Bandai comes with a multi-media test shot showing off the diecast.

Hmmm...but i always look at the SOC thread on the anime/sci-fi forums and the prototypes actually looked pretty spot-on good. Nothing much changes to the final rendition.

This has to be the most ludicrous comment yet in this thread... :blink:

Actually it's not. Think of it as Itano paying homage to Hokusai who made The Dream of the Fisherman's Wife. You see, it is really a Macross dedication to the pioneer.

Edited by Beware of Blast

Actually it's not. Think of it as Itano paying homage to Hokusai who made The Dream of the Fisherman's Wife. You see, it is really a Macross dedication to the pioneer.

I see you know your sexual deviancies. ^_^

I did some quick scaled comparisons (I think the 1/48 is a bit off). A 1/100 would end up bigger than I thought but it could still fit in the HCM line. If not, I hope they don't go for a line that uses gummy plastic.

VF-25 = 15,59m (from the official MF page)

1/60 – 25,98cm - 10.39”

1/72 - 21,65cm - 8.66”

1/100 – 15,59cm - 6.24”

VF-1 = 12.68m (from mahq.net)

1/48 - 26,42cm - 10.57”

1/60 – 21,13cm - 8.45”

Gundam RX-79 = 18m (mahq.net)

1/144 – 12,5cm - 5”

1/200 – 9cm - 3.6”

post-2996-1212011576_thumb.jpg

Shin has his views, i have mine, we give examples of why we think the way we do, what's wrong with that? We're not angry at each other, and in other threads, even in this thread, we get along fine.

There's a difference between bitching about something and bitching about the people who like or dislike something. I'm sorry if that's a concept you don't understand.

Yes, it's possible that I don't understand that concept. Still, I found Shaggydog's approach regarding the uselessness of the whole "Bandai hates Macross" thing more entertaining than the last 20 pages of “it’s going to suck - no it won’t - yes it will”. Don’t want to get in a fight over it, specially when the 1/60 YF-21 irradiates so much love. :)

BTW, looks like we’ve upgraded to a PG-13 forum. “Bitching” isn’t a censored word anymore! :lol:

Edited by Twoducks

I did some quick scaled comparisons (I think the 1/48 is a bit off). A 1/100 would end up bigger than I thought but it could still fit in the HCM line. If not, I hope they don't go for a line that uses gummy plastic.

I think they will just shove them into the same size boxes as the EVA HCMpro. The EVA HCMpros are bigger than the Gundam counterparts.

The canopy hinge looks like it's been pushed inwards. That might explain the small gap, where it should be.

I doubt the hinge has been removed entirely. Looks ok so far. Hope more improvements are on the way!

Don't like how the upper arm is "split in two" in order for it to rotate... Unless of course the VF-25 is supposed to do that, which I don't think is the case.

LOVE the cockpit (and pilot, woohoo)! It's right up there with Yamato's work. Keep it up Bandai. You'll get there soon.

And you all were worried.... I had a feeling it would start to get better. I think it will still get better.

So, no one noticed the booster accessories on the one design sheet behind the 1J's gun-pod, the deliberately blurred Michel variant spec sheet in the foreground, the (I assume) retailer info sections covered up by office supplies, and the production sample 1/55 1J cockpit shield and removable canopy sample?

If it's on the Tamashii site does that mean that all of these toys will be getting international distribution? Me likes -

I highly doubt it... theses alot of toy lines on bandai's tamashii website that arent internationally distributed, such as the GFF line SOC line and so forth.

What? You actually liked the first prototype? :huh: You're the only one I think. :ph34r:

Nah. I was one of the people saying "seriously, give it time. Bandai does change things if need be". My fake indignant rage was merely a impotent mockery.

I think it looks pretty good. I'm excited by the booster pictures on the table, too.

Edited by QuinJester

There is a Macross F sheet that says VF-10 or 9? Looks like it says VF-19. Its towards the top and right.

VF10 or VF1O (no dash) and then the rest is cut off.

VF10 or VF1O (no dash) and then the rest is cut off.

Looking at it more, I am almost sure that is actually a 9 as opposed to a 0. There is a piece of paper covering the rest at an angle, if it were a 0, the curve wouldn't be as apparent. The letter right after it is curved too.....

VF-19S anybody?

Bandai may still have the Macross 7 license, Frontier takes place primarily in space(or on the colony), and the VF-19S was made with an emphasis for use in space......