Bandai Macross Frontier toys thread

valhary

Looking at it more, I am almost sure that is actually a 9 as opposed to a 0. There is a piece of paper covering the rest at an angle, if it were a 0, the curve wouldn't be as apparent. The letter right after it is curved too.....

VF-19S anybody?

Bandai may still have the Macross 7 license, Frontier takes place primarily in space(or on the colony), and the VF-19S was made with an emphasis for use in space......

Bandai still has the Macross 7 license, from the looks of things the M7 Remaster box set is selling like hotcakes. They may use this as an opportunity to revisit the VF-19. Personally I'd love it if they did a 1/60 Fire Valkyrie in the same line as the VF-25.

Just think of the competition! Bandai Macross Frontier 1/60 VF-171, Bandai Macross 7 1/60 VF-17, Yamato Macross VFX2 VF-17.

I want a VF-17-ish valkyrie, and I won't settle for the M7 1/65 scale one. :)

Bandai still has the Macross 7 license, from the looks of things the M7 Remaster box set is selling like hotcakes. They may use this as an opportunity to revisit the VF-19. Personally I'd love it if they did a 1/60 Fire Valkyrie in the same line as the VF-25.

And a VF-19F and VF-19S. I would sooooo love that. Would be interesting to get Bandai's take versus Yamato's... VF-171 and VF-17 would be great, as well. Hopefully we could get the Varauta mecha, too, if not a big rubber Guravil. :D

No reason to not get all of them.

The Kai is basically a 19A (which is a repainted YF-19) with the samurai legs and shoulders from a 19F/S, and unique head, isn't it? As far as the face, it has shields that can be kept closed. IOW, the Kai would use parts from both YF19/VF-19A and the VF-19F/S with only the head, the color, and possibly some sculpting detail and decals being really unique.

Well, the 19kai has more in common with the body of the 19F/S, it kind of looks like the 19A, but it's just in the general shape. If you study the differences, there's no way that a 19A could be used to make a VF-19kai. It would require basically doing a new sculpt from scratch to get the transformation to work properly.

Hey, if the VF-25 sells well, maybe Bandai will make a Macross Quarter. :) I just hope that they do a fantastic job on the 25 and keep improving on the design, sculpt, and transformation.

"Their War, Our Wallets!" :lol:

"it is the year 2008. the forces of Yamato have conquered Macross world. but, from two of Macross world`s moons the Bandai plan their offensive to take back the franchise." :lol:

I thought the VF-19A Excalibur looked fine in the Macross VFX2 opening. I wonder if we'll see any 19s in Frontier, whether it be from another fleet using some, or one being the commanding unit of a squadron somewhere.

As for a toy version of the VF-19 being remade by Bandai. I don't think they can afford to make one as thick and chunky as the last ones they made. :)

Edited by Sumdumgai

Considering that Bandai still issues Gundam models from shows that have long since stopped airing, I see no reason why they couldn't do a VF-19 Kai Fire Valkyrie - and give it the Sound Force speakers and make it play all of Bassara's songs! LOAD!

I would buy 20!

I swear - and I'd set up an entire SOUND FORCE ARMY! And just play them!

weeee! :)

But what they really truly MUST do - Kayodo - is make Macross characters! I really want an Alto and Sheryl and Ranka figure!!!

VFTF1

I wonder if we'll see any 19s in Frontier, whether it be from another fleet using some, or one being the commanding unit of a squadron somewhere.

I hope so, the 19F/S models are sexy.

I wish the 1/60 DX borrowed some the proportions from this battroid sad.gif

It probably already has, the thing shown in the magazines was made out of resin and it looked like with that, it couldn't even hold its limbs up, let alone have the crotch in the right position.

New pics up on GA Graphic

http://ga.sbcr.jp/mreport/010310/

It's Still a rapid prototype model, but at least you can rest assured that the cockpit hinge is gone. Also, a price; 12600 yen.

Still hoping that the knee breaks forward more in Gerwalk mode for properly canted chicken legs, but it's looking rather nice I think.

Edited by QuinJester

New pics up on GA Graphic

http://ga.sbcr.jp/mreport/010310/

It's Still a rapid prototype model, but at least you can rest assured that the cockpit hinge is gone. Also, a price; 12000 yen.

Still hoping that the knee breaks forward more in Gerwalk mode for properly canted chicken legs, but it's looking rather nice I think.

Thanks for the link!!

Gerwalk looks less stiff in the poster. Hope we see a bigger pic ot it with the coloured protos soon.

I think the hips should hang a bit lower from the crotch if they whant to look more faithfull to the design but I like what I see.

A vast improvement over the previous design. YES! NO CANOPY HINGES! Looks good so far. Keep it up Bandai, this is starting to look good. Hopefully those knees will be double-jointed like the Yammies, allowing for a more 'dynamic' look.

The only things I don't like:

- Crotch area looks a bit "lazy"

- Those hands look worse than the 1/48s =p

Overall: Fantastic. Looks like I'll be picking one up afterall. Can't wait for the final version.