Bandai Macross Frontier toys thread

valhary

Have you ever seen SOC prototypes? Some of them look like someone played around with loads of styrene sheet and low grade resin, eg. they ressemble a bunch of boxes that really only vaguely ressemble the subject while having a transformation with...issues. :rolleyes:

The prototype of the VF-25 looks like a prototype that's just above that - one made to show off the transformation while also looking somewhat more like the subject it's supposed to represent. Besides, it's a resin prototype, so it suffers from all of the problems those have like heavy parts and joints that cannot support the weight.

Those SOC prototypes also look like they are full of issues, too. But they do not compare to the final product.

I'll reserve my judgement until Bandai comes with a multi-media test shot showing off the diecast.

Has bandai ever made any transformable SOCs? Thats probably where they will face the most difficulty I think...

Has bandai ever made any transformable SOCs? Thats probably where they will face the most difficulty I think...

Many of the Soul of Chogokin toys are transformable, and Bandai has made many other transformable toys over the years. They've made them longer than Yamato.

to make an example between a prototype and its final version, here the gx-43 daimos which will leave in September 2008

the vf-25 dx should thus be similar, one thus should not trust completely with the prototype

There's actually even earlier pictures of SOC Daimos that Bandai released where it literally looks like pieces of styrene glued together. They know people like to see the process of these things so they release lots of preliminary photos.

post-430-1212238450_thumb.jpg

post-430-1212238456_thumb.jpg

Edited by eriku

for the dx 1/60 alto version , release in 4 quarter 2008 , october/november

Whoa thats fairly fast!

Many of the Soul of Chogokin toys are transformable, and Bandai has made many other transformable toys over the years. They've made them longer than Yamato.

What he should be asking is when hasn't Bandai made transformable toys?

You're joking, right? :lol:

no not joking...just really ignorant about SOC which I always thought was in relation to Mazinger type robots (all metallic, nice and heavy, usu. non transformable but incredibly expensive)..

<alittle surfing later i find myself much more enlightened abt the SOC line...more to them then just Mazingers!!! oops :o>

Edited by nemesis_trooper

Won't the show be over by November?

Probably, but the wait isn't that long. From what I understand, Code Geass is on season 2 and only now getting action figures from Bandai. For all we know the 1/100 Macross F line might be out in summer before season's end. Not to mention, it took Yamato a couple of years after Macross Zero was over to give us the first toys from that OVA, so the DX in november is not a long wait.

In the discussion for the VF-25 model kit we were talking about the super pack accessories and that got me thinking about the same for the DX.

We know the DX will have super part accessories, that recent photo shows them in the works. However are we to assume they will be included in the initial VF-25 DX lines or will they come later? And then if they do come later, will you have to get another VF-25 DX toy to get the super packs, or could they be separate? I have a feeling the super packs being sold separately may be unlikely.

There's actually even earlier pictures of SOC Daimos that Bandai released where it literally looks like pieces of styrene glued together. They know people like to see the process of these things so they release lots of preliminary photos.

Well....Bandai never shows off these rapid prototypes during conventions but always shows off the ones that are already the final sculpts. So the VF-25 sculpt shown recently has valid reason for worry.

Well....Bandai never shows off these rapid prototypes during conventions but always shows off the ones that are already the final sculpts. So the VF-25 sculpt shown recently has valid reason for worry.

Not valid, really. The sculpt has already apparently changed since those pictures. ;)

<alittle surfing later i find myself much more enlightened abt the SOC line...more to them then just Mazingers!!! oops :o>

Good man! B))

Really? Sauce? Significant change?

I was referring to the recent pic (page 58 of this thread) where it looks like the canopy hinge is now different. I'd call that a significant change considering how many people were turned off by the hinge.

I'm holding my critiques for finished photos. ^_^

Where are the plastic pins located?

I got two SOC's eva 01 & 02). I'd like o know what your talking about so i'm careful. :)

The only one with that problem was the first release of the SOC Spec Eva 01, which had a fragile and shatterable hip joint. The other versions of both Eva 01 and the other evas in the spec line don't have it.

If you have the standard SOC Evas you don't have anything to worry about.

The Spec Eva is also, I think, the only SOC with a breaking problem, so to be worried about that on the DX is kinda excessive. Still, we'll see. You never can tell with crazy Kawamori thin transforming designs.

Where are the plastic pins located?

I got two SOC's eva 01 & 02). I'd like o know what your talking about so i'm careful. :)

Spec Eva 01 at the hips... Too scared to buy anymore from there...

yomato cm or toynami could make better toys for macross frontier

I would'nt exactly say that any of those companies could make a "better" figure. I will say that Yamato and CM stands a good chance of making a comparable figure. I also will say...there's no chance in hell that Toynami could make a "better" figure. Plus....Bandai is known for quality IMO.

:ph34r:

Finally no more bitching about the hinge.

I wonder if bandai will ever go back to older macross shows' mecha and start doing some 1/60 of those? (upgrade the vf-17 for the adult collector and give us vf-19 blazer valk without the chunky munky proportions)

I feel like a little kid again getting all excited about these toys. :D

omato cm or toynami could make better toys for macross frontier

Bull*poo

I wonder if bandai will ever go back to older macross shows' mecha and start doing some 1/60 of those? (upgrade the vf-17 for the adult collector and give us vf-19 blazer valk without the chunky munky proportions)

I have a feeling thats what will happen.