Bandai Macross Frontier toys thread

valhary

okay, maybe it`s just me but why do the hands look solid?surely Bandai has mastered posable fingers better then Yamato or Takaratomy have? :unsure:

Bandai is the king of including 10000 sets of hands with their releases. A completely different set of hands was shown with last prototype; we'll probably get a set of poseable hands like MG hands/Yamato chickenclaws, a set of fists, a set of open hands, at least one gun-holding hand, and probably a few stylized open hands.

Those fastpacks look hot. It'll be nice if each release comes with them, instead of them being separate releases.

Edited by QuinJester

Thanks for the pics. Hopefully when this is all finished and everyone buys them, they consider going back to SDF:Macross (vf-1?) or macross 7 toys, upgrading them for today's collectors. (make them 1/60 this time of course)

edit: no forget vf-1, so sick of that now! lol Just put effort into a blazer valk and vf-17. Maybe do vf-11C with full armor last.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Hopefully those FAST packs will be included in the price.

I doubt that at the Yen12,000 announced price at the toy show. The sign at the toy show did not mention fast packs. And the recent toy trend is price increasing thanks to gas price, e.g. SOC Daimos at Yen 16,000.

As for metal, I hope there are some metal in the legs to help balancing. Thanks to the long noise the Gerwalk mode is really front heavy without fast packs.

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?act=...st&id=54802

NICE!!!!

This thing is really coming together nicely.

This last round of photos looks much better than the earlier photos.

Proportions look great IMO.

The Super parts are WIN.

Keep up the good work Bandai.

I doubt that at the Yen12,000 announced price at the toy show. The sign at the toy show did not mention fast packs. And the recent toy trend is price increasing thanks to gas price, e.g. SOC Daimos at Yen 16,000.

I don't know. It's possible. The SOC SPEC Dragonar comes with a good load of accessories and still costs under 10,000yen. The SOC Reideen DX Fade-in set also with a lot of stuff costs 15,000yen. At 12.000 yen, a DX VF-25 with fast packs is entirely possible.

The Hobby Japan scan above says it'll be made of diecast and ABS plastic.

Edited by Vifam7

This toy looks quite on target, I am still positive. I can live if the 12600 yen price if it is just the bare bones VF-25 and I have to buy the Fast Packs separate, but I would love it if that price did include the FAST packs. Thing is I hope they make the Super parts in colors for both Alto and Ozma, because I want Ozma's VF-25S with Super parts the most.

Looking good but I don't like that gap between the intakes and the fuselage. looks like the don't stay attached. hopefully that is just because it's the resin prototype.

Chris

Looking good but I don't like that gap between the intakes and the fuselage. looks like the don't stay attached. hopefully that is just because it's the resin prototype.

Chris

The only time I see gaps like that (in the latest pic I assume you mean) is in the shot of it with the super parts. That is most likely due to the addition of the super parts and I have a feeling those are just as prototype as the rest of the figure so your probably right in that it is because of it being a resin prototype and it will be fixed before final production.

Guest sh002

1/60's look very nice. still wished that bandai could make 1/72 toys along side the 1/72 models. why make smaller 1/100 toys when it would be so cool to display 1/72 versions next to so many valkyrie toys and models that have already come out in 1/72 scale? i don't have much in 1/100 scale that is cool, only the koenig and the vf-2ss and fire valk and blazer. screw the 1/100 toynami's.

Edited by sh002

1/60's look very nice. still wished that bandai could make 1/72 toys along side the 1/72 models. why make smaller 1/100 toys when it would be so cool to display 1/72 versions next to so many valkyrie toys and models that have already come out in 1/72 scale? i don't have much in 1/100 scale that is cool, only the koenig and the vf-2ss and fire valk and blazer. screw the 1/100 toynami's.

Most of us think the proposed 1/100 Frontier toyline is dead as there has been no mention of it at recent toy shows or in the hobby mags.

I hope somebody will prove me wrong.

Graham

So how big is this supposed to be? Like what are the dimensions? Should it be larger than the YF-19/ 21 or the same size. I am not sure how much bigger the VF-25 is to the older models on the show.