Bandai Macross Frontier toys thread

valhary

No one's been singing bandai hymnals and praise wishing for their second coming to put the evil yamato to eternal damnation and gnashing of teeth.

It's hopeful optimism as a MACROSS fan that one of the biggest toy manufacturers in Japan is entering the fray interested in creating stuff we're interested in. Whether they know how to make valks and will ultimately make something that makes a difference is to be determined when this sucker comes out.

Bandai has the benefit of a clean slate as far as RECENT Macross Toys. I haven't followed any of their toy's development process and I have no bloody clue as to how much it can change and so the only thing we all have to go by is the stuff they created for that other anime. Stuff that, whether we care for or not, were endowed with a decent dose of quality.

And as much flak as you say Yamato gets for their slight deviations from proportions (which seem objective most of the time anyway) they also have people who praise them without hesitation and give them free passes as well.

Anyway.... lets get back to the bloody toy and it's fugly canopy hinge now, can we? :p

Edited by Nani?!

So I, mostly in response to BoB in another thread, start using the term Bandaides, and suddenly I'm the guy who started the name calling?

BTW, consider the source: badboy00z... lmao, you're the last person who gets to criticize other people around here on negativity. Since you came on this site all you do is go into threads and troll.

Lol. All I do is troll? Do you have any examples of this? Not once have I used harsh toned words or start name calling unless I was provoked. You on the other hand...

If Yamato had the chance of making this 1/60 VF-25 and considering how the break point is close to the chest plate, how would they solve the exposed hinge???

My guess would be by making the break point far back enough to not have to use an exposed hinge. It doesn't look like it would have to be made much further back to do this.

-Kyp

post-176-1211517730_thumb.png

Bandai can definitely do better than that but it seems to me they just don't do it for Macross.

Oh, is that what all the fuss is about? Clearly I'm no longer qualified to be a Macross toy fan when something like that doesn't bother me.

Hmmm. If you make the arms shorter you have to resculpt the legs as well, since they connect flush in fighter mode, don't they? With the current CAD and automatic tooling techniques changes like that should be easy to do. I hope Bandai don't get lazy and modify those big hips and crotch piece also.

I also hope Bandai gives us a completely new Köenig Monster toy under the Frontier licence, but I doubt it, since they can't make it 1/100 due to license restrains (if I understand correctly the licensing system in Japan), and any bigger scale would probably be too expensive to produce for such an obscure mecha. Then again, the Monster team may get some relevance in future episodes of the show, so who knows?

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

Don't know if these have gone up yet. Dengeki Hobby and Jobby Japan magazines for July 2008.

Not liking those hands on the 1/60.

post-3328-1211785097_thumb.jpg

post-3328-1211785112_thumb.jpg

post-3328-1211785141_thumb.jpg

Edited by Save

I also hope Bandai gives us a completely new Köenig Monster toy under the Frontier licence, but I doubt it, since they can't make it 1/100 due to license restrains (if I understand correctly the licensing system in Japan)

Actually I think they can, licenses exist per scale, per series. Since the Koenig is in Macross F, it might get a shot, not to mention Bandai is making a 1/100 toyline for Macross F.

Don't know if these have gone up yet. Dengeki Hobby and Jobby Japan magazines for July 2008.

A closeup of the resin VF-25 in the pages was scanned, but thanks for the 3 pages! There are some things there that we haven't seen. I have a feeling by the time Bandai is done sculpting the DX, it will look more like the 1/72 kit pictured in the first scan, just bigger.

Actually I think they can, licenses exist per scale, per series. Since the Koenig is in Macross F, it might get a shot, not to mention Bandai is making a 1/100 toyline for Macross F.

A closeup of the resin VF-25 in the pages was scanned, but thanks for the 3 pages! There are some things there that we haven't seen. I have a feeling by the time Bandai is done sculpting the DX, it will look more like the 1/72 kit pictured in the first scan, just bigger.

I hope so. :ph34r:

The 1/72 model should be discussed in the appropriate thread in the model forum please, not here.

Am I the only one that is worried that no physical prototypes have been shown for the 1/100 toy line yet? I hope Bandai hasn't decided to drop it.

Graham

Guest sh002

they should drop the 1/100 toy line and replace it with a 1/72 toy line. also make a 1/72 koenig if they could.

they should drop the 1/100 toy line and replace it with a 1/72 toy line. also make a 1/72 koenig if they could.

I dunno...I'm really excited to get a line of toys in scale with my Yamato König Monster. Those weak Toynami ones don't count.

Someone should make a sticker sheet for the Yamato Konig monster that has the Mac F markings.

I sincerely hope bandai isn't finished with the 1/60 vf-25. The prototype has alot that needs to be fixed/corrected.

Has there been any word on whether the vf-25's that will be released will be armor compatible, or will it require an entirely new sculpt and purchase?

Not to be overly negative but after having seen the new pics of yamato's YF-21, Bandai's VF-25 looks like something that should have come out 10-15 years ago.

I know its probably gonna have less QC issues but design and look wise its terrible compared to Yamato's latest baby atleast in my opinion.

Am I the only one that is worried that no physical prototypes have been shown for the 1/100 toy line yet? I hope Bandai hasn't decided to drop it.

I doubt it, I think they are keeping it a surprise for now since it can encompass many more toys/mecha than the DX line. They are probably saving it for a bigger event unveiling. They make the HCMpro line like rabbits make offspring...so maybe it will be like that.

I sincerely hope bandai isn't finished with the 1/60 vf-25. The prototype has alot that needs to be fixed/corrected.

They aren't.

Has there been any word on whether the vf-25's that will be released will be armor compatible, or will it require an entirely new sculpt and purchase?

I don't see why it wouldn't.

more and more i am not liking this offering from bandai. it seems they are spending more time on the model then the figure. the figure is just fugly. damn why couldn't yamato tackle it? stupid bandai and their licenses. yamato has shown to be true masters of all things macross, sure the qc has had problems i won't deny but they do go back and fix said problems and offer great figures. while working so close to SK bandai should at least be on the same level if not better but i feel we are going to get more mac 7 type toys out them.

I dunno...I'm really excited to get a line of toys in scale with my Yamato König Monster. Those weak Toynami ones don't count.

Those Toynami ones are not even to scale with itself... the top half is a lot bigger than the bottom... weirdo proportions... :rolleyes:

So far the stance on the 1/60 VF-25 doesn't look good. Maybe once they go plastic and parts start to hold up it'll look better.

Ha I saw the 1/72nd Vf-25 and thought wow if it looks that good then the 1/60 must look amazing! Then I switched to the next picture and almost cried <_< . Oh btw what is that VF-1 in the right corner of one of the 3rd pic, looks like it might be a 1/60 yamato?

Edited by dizman

That battroid pose is so uninspired. Come on! Who in the world set that up? He looks bored and tired. I am hoping that better poses will make it look better but still the proportions look off.

That battroid pose is so uninspired. Come on! Who in the world set that up? He looks bored and tired. I am hoping that better poses will make it look better but still the proportions look off.

I see what you mean though... its almost as if bandai doesnt give sh1t how it turns out... in their eyes they must be thinking. "Screw it, its just a macross toy weve got gundam as a cash cow so who cares". The presentation is just lazy! :angry:

I wouldn't worry about gaps and what not. It's just a resin prototype. Think back to the GN-U toys and how the seam lines were diminished greatly from the prototypes to the production models. I'm sure we'll see a similar improvement in fit and finish.

same with the pose... it's resin, it can probably barely support its own weight.

Edited by eugimon

It looks kind of out of proportion, some parts seem chunky, other parts not. I dunno. Especially battroid mode, it really makes me think of my Bandai Fire Valkyrie, and that isn't a good feeling. Just it conjures up that image to me, though it's no where near as bad. Just something makes me think of this VF-25 in that manner...

But yamato is known to do that there have been many of times that we here on these forums have changed their products ask Graham, but is Bandai willing to listen to us or just do as they please?

I think the VF-25 will definitely change by the time we see a closer-to-production toy...

Even Yamato went from this:

post-322-1211888014_thumb.jpg

to this:

post-322-1211888027_thumb.jpg

:p

I remembered how we b*tched to kingdom come when the pics of that 1/100 came out. Then cheered in jubilation that it was being scrapped for the 1/60. :lol:

Gawd u reminded me how fugly it was.