Yamato GN-U Non-transforming Macross Action Figures

Graham

Looks ok to me. The VF-11 in battroid mode is one mech that actually needs a bit of meat on its body imo.

It looks like the shield has the ability to swivel around. (see pic of it firing gunpod with both hands) Didn't know the vf-11 could do that.

Someone said that Revoltechs are not making Macross anymore... at the Revoltech thread... blame HG. (not me)

:( there goes the chance to see a Qrau revoltech in dynamic poses.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Nice proto pics. I'll be picking these up if they are as cheap as they are supposed to be. I don't transform my yammies so non-transforming doesn't bother me at all. These new G-Nu should be just like Bandai's HCM pro line and they are great little figures IMO.

I think given the cheapness of these: would it be possible yamato does the "risky" valks like the vf-4 and stuff that are supposed to be unpopular/not well known?

Wouldn't mind seeing some of the other valkyries like the VF-22, VF-11c with the armour on it, or some zentradi powered armour. Destroids! Given the cheapness maybe now you can finally get a row of them standing together.

My reaction is simple:

If Kaiyado produce more Macross figures in their Revoltech line, I will not buy these Yamato figures.

If, as has been mentioned above, Revoltech will no longer put out any more Macross figures, then I will buy these figures.

As to the figures themselves, the VF-11 looks the best - but that might just be because none of us have seen a 1/60 VF-11 yet.

We would all probably be slobbering over the 19 and the 21 if not for the fact that the variable fighter 1/60 versions just so totally out-do these guys - not just because they are variable, but in Battroid mode they simply look better ....

Still - a worthy and fun effort - and if they are cheap, then it's worth the money :)

VFTF1

Please bear in mind that these are very rough samples, made on a rapid prototyping machine and quickly hand painted.

Graham

Dayam, the vf-11b seems to be packing the beefiest weaponry~ :D

I've worked with a rapid prototyping machine back in college and these looked like they were made from it right off the bat.

If these look as passable as they are from the proto machine, they'll look great as final products.

I like their proportions., their look in general all seem awesome. It's not too exaggerated.

But...

it also seems like the joints don't nearly have the articulation revoltech offers... If they cannot be posed in a wiiiide variety of super dynamic poses then I reckon they'd be pretty much useless for whatever cheap amount of money they cost.

Why the hell would anyone want the redundancy of smaller non-transforming versions of valks that can only pose just a little bit better than the much bigger tranforming versions? Variety of dramatic poses are critical.

I'll wait and see how these babies can pose before I buy them.

Edited by Nani?!

Someone said that Revoltechs are not making Macross anymore... at the Revoltech thread... blame HG. (not me)

Is there a link?

I find it hard to beleive that HG could stop Revoltech, a Japanese company licensed by BigWest from stopping production on any Macross line.

They tried to stop the Yammies way back when but were b*tch slapped by the courts who ruled that they can't stop any "imported items" from being sold in the US.

The only reason Revoltech would stop production would be for soft sales reasons.

Edited by Zinjo

They look okay. I hope they improve the final model. They'd be worth buying, but I sure don't see sculpts that were supposed to be a step beyond the Revoltechs. The sculpts have as many lows as they have highs and I'd place them about equal with the VF-1 Revoltechs. The one thing the Yamato's do have going for them is the lack of visually jarring ball joints, but then again I'd be critical of the articulation that can be achieved with these toys compared to the Revoltechs. I'm also worried about the tightness of the joints over time, something that isn't a problem with the Revoltechs.

Overall, passing grade. Not bad, but not amazing either.

Edited by Mr March

Is there a link?

I find it hard to beleive that HG could stop Revoltech, a Japanese company licensed by BigWest from stopping production on any Macross line.

They tried to stop the Yammies way back when but were b*tch slapped by the courts who ruled that they can't stop any "imported items" from being sold in the US.

The only reason Revoltech would stop production would be for soft sales reasons.

on page 14 of this thread it have been said too .... by me ! (Post #274)

Edited by isamu_dyson

Why the hell would anyone want the redundancy of smaller non-transforming versions of valks that can only pose just a little bit better than the much bigger tranforming versions? Variety of dramatic poses are critical.

I'll wait and see how these babies can pose before I buy them.

Have you seen the latest revoltech starscream and revoltech hot rodimus?

The revoltech SS just has so much energy and looks like its from a comic book than the master piece one imo. No compromise for other modes is my guess as to why you would buy a non-transforming toy of a transforming robot.

But yeah it doesn't necessarily look like these are better in posing then revoltechs. Maybe they just saw the money made from superposable figures and wanted to jump in on that market? (ie "it sells so let's make it")

One of the reasons I don't buy models over toys is that loss of transformation and I have no patience. Maybe you can think of these as completed models for the lazy. :D

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Actually, these remind me of Yamato's Neon Genesis Evangelon action figure line - those looked horrible too.

In fact - now that I think of it - the Yammie 1/60 Quid Rau isn't all that great either - really limited posing and not a whole lot it could do - the Myria figure should have at least been Takara Microman poseable ... for the price...

So - lesson here is: Yamato really doesn't put much effort into their figures - only into their variable fighters --- which is enough to make me love 'em :)

VFTF1

they look good to me, for the price. altho i guess at this size they won't have clip on fast packs? i'd love to see a 2000 yen gbp, vf-0 reactive armor, or full armor thunderbolt.

Deffinently getting the YF-21, coz it's badass.. anime magic omega pants and all, and i spose i will grab the 19 as well just to have the kicking arse of by the 21. I won't be getting the 11. I will wait for it's 1/60 scale release.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie