Yamato GN-U Non-transforming Macross Action Figures

Graham

oooh, they do look pretty good. The exaggerated bell bottoms on the yf-21 are almost comical, imo.

I kind of like it. It does look more "Cartoon".

Ok, throw your stones again. I said "Cartoon" in relation to "Anime" so motherjumpin' kill me!!

It is hard to tell from this tiny photo but I think I like the sculpt of this YF-21 more than the transforming one in Battroid mode. It will be easier to tell once both are in front of me of course though.

It is hard to tell from this tiny photo but I think I like the sculpt of this YF-21 more than the transforming one in Battroid mode.

Well obviously.

All 3 are going to look better than the B-modes of their perfect transformation counterparts because there are no limitations with the exaggeration they can use on a non transforming figure.

• 3 weeks later...

I am actually very excited about these. I do plan to get the VF-11, the YF-19 and the YF-21 in the GNU series. I do not have the variable VF-11 or YF-19 and am glad that they are making these because I was only going to pose them in Battroid mode anyway and so it will be cheaper.

I know that soooooo many members have complimented the 1/60 YF-19 extensively and I do want one and almost bought one several times but I have not been able to prioritize this. I think it will take my seeing one in person and actually transforming one and posing it for me to really need one. Most of the poses of the variable YF-19 in Battroid I am not so keen on. Yes there are some great ones in the pose gallery, ruskiiVFaussie has some great poses and I forget who, but someone posed it with a rum bottle that looked great and some others for sure and the Yamato ad pose looked great.

If I could afford it for sure, I would get 3 of the 1/60 YF-19 with FP but for my budget I may just have to wait and get the GNU.

Also, if the 1/60 variable VF-11 looks badd ass enough I will be tempted.

First post on this thread: I too can't see the point in non transformig toys of transforming mecha, but I'm still in the fence for more pics. Too bad about the 21's feet. This isn't anime accurate at all. Yamato seems to have some serious issues about the 21's legs: Either they are too skinny or too fat!

I hope we see lots of Regults and some DYRL and TV Q-Raus. And for God's sake, somebody give us some destroids already! It's been like what, 20 years since the last destroid toy? Jeez!

More pics of these things would be nice. I'm interested in how they capture the look of the lineart in battroid mode. Remember that whenever a robot appears in battroid mode in anime it's starts to get popeye's forearm muscles, exagerated thickness in the legs to make it look tougher than it really is, and certain features like shoulders are spread apart for a more intimidating look. (which is why I like having the bandai 1/65 stuff in battroid mode because it seems like they deliberately target the robot fan over the fighter mode fan)

The big hands!!!! No more unstable girly wrists that wobble around when you try to get it to hold the gunpods. :D I think I will end up collecting these starting with my fave robots from the macross plus ova. But as always my main priority is still the PT valks.

Destroids would kick ass since they'd not lose anything being in a non-transforming line. If they do the destroids: could you pleease make them to scale against the vf-1 though? I see myself putting a destroid near a VF-1 but not necesarily putting vf-1 near any macross plus valks.

And yeah if they do the glaug, maybe they could also have the glaug booster attachment in a giftset arrangment?

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

100% agree with lonely soldier, why are yamato incapable of doing a decent yf-21 sculpt? And why the hell didn't they use this opportunity to release oh I dunno, some non-transforming figures of NON-TRANSFORMABLE MECHA!? Even a zentradi soldier woudl have been nice.

I'm so glad I didn't start collecting 1/60's looks like I saved myself alot of disappointment, oh and money.

A zentradi soldier is a flesh and blood person. Not a mecha. Wouldn't you rather the chicken walking machines or a Qrau they use to fight in over the pilot? Seems kinda strange to want an action figure of the pilot. The mecha are the focus of the fighting. I'll take a zentradi power armor over the giant itself any day.

But the VB6 Monster came out, and 1/60 Qrau came out. Maybe they are feeling lucky? At some point later down the track after the popular stuff is released I would love to see the unpopular destroids. Yamato have milked you all enough of the vf-1 and there are so many other companies releasing toys of the other popular mecha. These are cheaper toys so maybe the risk is less for the releasing of the less popular stuff?

But the VB6 Monster came out, and 1/60 Qrau came out. Maybe they are feeling lucky? At some point later down the track after the popular stuff is released I would love to see the unpopular destroids. Yamato have milked you all enough of the vf-1 and there are so many other companies releasing toys of the other popular mecha. These are cheaper toys so maybe the risk is less for the releasing of the less popular stuff?

Exactly! Especially the milking part. By zentradi mecha I was referring to the male power armor or w/e it's called here, that and the destroids got plenty of screen time yet no large figures exist. I'm not crazy about the regulds if I want a chicken-leg mecha I'll get a 21

As for the soldiers not being mecha who cares? Lurker are you serously trying to tell me that you would buy more figures of stuff you already have, that have already been released by other manufacturers before you bought a 1/60 or 1/48 Britai figure? Last time I checked this site was for MACROSS fans and not exclusively for mecha-addicts.

Edited by Maximiria

Exactly! Especially the milking part. By zentradi mecha I was referring to the male power armor or w/e it's called here, that and the destroids got plenty of screen time yet no large figures exist. I'm not crazy about the regulds if I want a chicken-leg mecha I'll get a 21

As for the soldiers not being mecha who cares? Lurker are you serously trying to tell me that you would buy more figures of stuff you already have, that have already been released by other manufacturers before you bought a 1/60 or 1/48 Britai figure? Last time I checked this site was for MACROSS fans and not exclusively for mecha-addicts.

Last time I checked this GNU line we're discussing here is a line of MECHA toys, not a line of action figures.

Last time I checked this GNU line we're discussing here is a line of MECHA toys, not a line of action figures.

Actually the title says nothing about mecha

macross /= mecha

The cool mecha are only a part of macross.

"a new line of highly articulated, non-transforming action figures"

Well look at that! ACTION FIGURES! It seems to me that a new line of action figures is EXACTLY what we're talking about.

Edited by Maximiria

I'm excited about this line. I never transform my toys anuway, If I want one in batroid and fighter I get two and leave them that way. It would be nice to get some rock solid batroitds to add to the collection. I'm thinking all of them, LOL.

They would also make for killer customs!

The topic title says "Yamato to Release new line of non-transforming toys"

Look at the very small text under the word GN-U. It says Ultimate Super Robot Selection.

OH! thank you for that informing piece of information! but Graham specifically called them action figures in the OP and "toy" /= "mecha" so maybe you can go correct him and tell him to update when ur done being a soldier hater?

Vf1's without Zentradi just isn't macross!

OH! thank you for that informing piece of information! but Graham specifically called them action figures in the OP and "toy" /= "mecha" so maybe you can go correct him and tell him to update when ur done being a soldier hater?

Vf1's without Zentradi just isn't macross!

Maybe you didn't read my last post.

The topic title says "Yamato to Release new line of non-transforming toys"

Look at the very small text under the word GN-U. It says Ultimate Super Robot Selection.

This doesn't mean that I don't want Yamato to make any Zentreadi toys. I'd welcome any non-transforming mecha/action they produce as long as it has enough gimmicks/poseability.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the new pic!!!

I don't like them too fat. They're a big deviation from the lineart <_<

I know they're action figures but I was expecting something else.

Thank god there's the 1/60's :rolleyes:

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica