Meeting Yamato on October 21

Graham

I second Fatalist's opinion and besides Graham can't tell us anyway what went on during the meeting, so keeping this thread open is a bit useless IMHO.

EDIT: Spelling

Edited by Lonewolf

yup.. if I wer Graham, i would post all the relevant information (he's allowed to divulge) into a new locked thread so that its more of press release and not a discusson. its not fair that we bombard him all the time (although he sets himself up for it sometimes - sorry G ;) )

edit - actually, i would like to know how limited the 25th anniversary valks will be. (just curious as i've ordered 2)

Edited by vermillion01

Close it? Graham says he's going to provide whatever answers he can in a future post right? Even if he can't say much I'm eager to hear what he can say... I guess that could get its own thread though.

close it for now, and open it when graham is ready to post.

As soon as Graham answers the questions he CAN answer (the 1%) I say close the thread. All topics have their own respective threads so the little morsels we are allowed to know I guess, can be discussed there.

Also, it's not like what Yamato will let Graham say would be a surprise to us anyway~

Usual expected answers:

In reply to stuff about fixes in current releases: Yamato: "Factory QC fault, we're looking into it". Graham: "I think it's fine, you guys whine too much (which is true, hehe)"

In reply to color issues: Graham: "I let them know about it" or Yamato: "Don't look at us, look at Kawamori-san."

In reply to future stuff: Graham: "All I can say is it's some cool and expensive stuff comin out guys, GET EXCITED but :ph34r: zzzippp, can't say nothin"..

I'm not trying to be mean or anything... A bit sarcastic, yes, but not mean. It's just the way it always was ever since the Yamato temper-tantrum info lockdown. :p

Graham was, at one point, pissed at yamato too for leaving him out of the circle while still banking on the free press they continued to get here. Graham's now somewhat content towards yamato because he's in again (genuine cheers for him) but we're still out... We find out about stuff only when mags come out and not a minute sooner. It kinda sucks because usually in any other fan base forum, meetings like this means we're in for some exclusive tidbits of info.

But meetings with Yamato these days are generally for Graham's pleasure and his alone. It's like buddies going out, chatting about some confidential stuff and having a couple beers................................ which is cool, but what's the point of mentioning such a meeting here?

Oh dudes by the way, I went to my girls place last night.

Good meeting.

Questions? Let 'er rip, but oh hey, I can't tell you 99% of what happened.

My bad guys, my girl would kick my balls for each detail I slip. :unsure:^_^

**This is a rip on Yamato's crazy policies with fans. Graham, you know we love you~ B))

For what Graham said about the 2008 being an expensive year, seems like Yamato is planning to release YF-19, YF-21, and SV-51 repaints next year, aside form the "classified" stuff.

I'm still waiting to hear confirmation on the CF sv-51 with daisy cutter :p

Aside from repaints (finally a green Qrau?),

Totally new stuff for 2008 will most likely include

yf-21

vf-11b

vf-0d

M+ Ghost

M0 Reactive Armor

Prolly in that order.

I think we'll see a vf-0d before a vf-11. if we do get a vf-11, it probably will come around the end of 2008

It would be nice if he got some information on the Motoslave. I just ordered a Atelier-Sai Linna on HLJ. Priss or Nene is next, there or the auctions. If I can't get Priss, at least I could have a Motoslave with Priss.

Last time i checked, this was Macross World......

heheh no offence dude. i'd like to know too, but here is not the place for such talk.

Great. I can just imagine Graham sitting on his throne, gently caressing his prototype YF-21, saying to us

"You...want....this?

I can feel the anticipation
swelling
inside you.

I am defenseless!

Strike me down with your POM sword, and take your last step towards the dark side of Yamato!!"

:lol:

Hahahaha, awesome :lol: ! It is alittle silly to get all the answers and not tell anyone but to each is own. I would like to know what he said about the Dobber scheme and NB4M's VF-1D mod but I guess well just have to wait.

Edited by dizman

I think we'll see a vf-0d before a vf-11. if we do get a vf-11, it probably will come around the end of 2008

Right, good catch. I meant to switch off between macross plus and zero except for the ghost and reactive armor and in my haste it's off. Thanks.

Correction

yf-21

vf-0d

vf-11b

m+ ghost

reactive armor

Did I miss something, why no switching on the last two/

That keeps the switching alive. I wouldn't have a problem with that but I suspect if we couldn't get a VF-1D getting a VF-0D will be hard... but maybe if 1/60 is their go-to scale that's the reason of the death of the 1/48 VF-1D.

Edited by jenius

That keeps the switching alive. I wouldn't have a problem with that but I suspect if we couldn't get a VF-1D getting a VF-0D will be hard... but maybe if 1/60 is their go-to scale that's the reason of the death of the 1/48 VF-1D.

I think they're just being lazy with the vf-1d... It's proven by our own members here that it's possible. They want to do a better job of it but they have a lot on their table now and they've pushed it off so far.

I THINK though... it's very possible we might see vf-1d's next year.

oh and I didn't switch the ghost because it's a non transforming easy toy to make... and for marketing sense just release it with the last transforming valk out for Macross plus the vf-11b.

the reactive armor is a long shot at least next year, I think... which is why it's last.

Actually the VF-0D desing is pretty straight forward. No real suprises making this from the VF-0/A,S platform. It really is a few parts added/switched here or there and moving the cockpit space forward. It just depends on Yamato's willingness to produce it and make it profitable for themselves.

Actually the VF-0D desing is pretty straight forward. No real suprises making this from the VF-0/A,S platform. It really is a few parts added/switched here or there and moving the cockpit space forward. It just depends on Yamato's willingness to produce it and make it profitable for themselves.

Did anyone ask to see how well the M0 line did?

It's more about how many will sell, not how cheaply it is to make them.

If few will sell then the costs of retooling even a few parts will not be recovered, which is not good business...

Zinjo, you're just as right as NB4M. It's an equation with an X & a Y and NB4M addressed X and you addressed Y. If it costs only a bit more to make then you don't have to sell as many, if it costs a bunch more to make you have to sell a ton. Both costs and the number you can sell are pretty important. In this case, NB4M has stated that the cost to make should be minimal so the cost of the very minor retooling could be covered even if only a "few" sold. If it would be a cheap alteration then Yamato's problem more lies in guessing demand and producing the correct quantity. So, if it'd take 1K in sales to cover cost but Yamato makes 5K and only 1K sell then Yamato has costs covered except for the additional cost from the production of 4k in unsold units. So the real question here is how good is Yamato at guessing demand and how much drive do they have to make this variant (if NB4M is right and the cost would be minimal).

Well with doing a VF-0D from a 0A/S:

-resculpted nose to accommodate the lengthened cockpit

-new internally lengthened heatshield.

-new legs with fins on the front hip, foldable canard wings on the back hip, and vertical stabilizers on the lower legs that can fold to the inner parts of the leg.

-new stabilizer-less backpack

-new wings with delicate hinge tips.

-new head.

So it's not as much of a design problem as going from the YF-19/VF-19A to a VF-19F/S/kai/P. I don't know how much it would cost to do these changes. I certainly wouldn't buy one, unless the shoulder issue has been properly fixed and proven over time that it's really been taken care of.

I've been thinking about what I can write about the meeting and the answer is not much to be honest, at least not without violating the non-disclosure agreement.

Obviously, I can't divuluge what exactly is going to be released until I'm given permission to. All I will/can say is 2008 and 2009 are going to be very exciting years, with lots of surprises.

Yamato seem satisfied with the new harder ABS and SBS shoulders on the VF-0 toys and so far there are no breakages reported. I'm probably going to get a second VF-0S with Ghost just for the purpose of putting the arms through an extended and very rigorous test.

No news on whether the Nora face/hand/joint colors will be changed. It looks lke this might be another case of Kawamori wanting his way, regardless of what the CG pics on the official site show. Anyway, we will see. At least the missiles are now the right color.

Graham

I've been thinking about what I can write about the meeting and the answer is not much to be honest, at least not without violating the non-disclosure agreement.

Obviously, I can't divuluge what exactly is going to be released until I'm given permission to. All I will/can say is 2008 and 2009 are going to be very exciting years, with lots of surprises.

Yamato seem satisfied with the new harder ABS and SBS shoulders on the VF-0 toys and so far there are no breakages reported. I'm probably going to get a second VF-0S with Ghost just for the purpose of putting the arms through an extended and very rigorous test.

No news on whether the Nora face/hand/joint colors will be changed. It looks lke this might be another case of Kawamori wanting his way, regardless of what the CG pics on the official site show. Anyway, we will see. At least the missiles are now the right color.

Graham

That's it....no other info. Hey G, wanna trade hard drives :lol: !

Yamato better let you spill some beans (and pics) to create hype soon 'cause Mospaeda has my money for 2008 so far. :p

*edit*

The Nora colour thing sure sounds scary though.

Edited by Twoducks

This is a Macross forum, screw anything non-macross for G sakes!

Seriously what can yamato suprise us with? I mean, "reallllly" suprise us?

VF-0D is a given, and all the non-canon repaints for 1/48 VF-1's (..... yay...) and the YF-19 plus the SV-51 (go Dobber!).

VF-0's might be interesting, but this OVA is only good for canon colours for me, anything else meh.

Low-vis (1) schemes are beautiful though, 19 hell for sure i'll buy a low vis 1 19. YF-21 repaints, yup. (all repaints)

If they will suprise us, it will be the new 1/60 VF-1 line for mine. :p And maybe a larger scale SDF.

I guess i'd be suprised they make the reactive armor as well... But is this all?

Can G-Man give us a number of things that will suprise us so we can speculate till end of 2009? :p

I wonder if you've seen the new Mechs/Valks for the new series yet hey Graham? :D Yamato got the licence?

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Can we at least find out from GRAHAM if there'll be another re-release of the 1/48 FP's :D ? I've got 1 more set that I have kept aside for my lil' boy, but if YAMATO's doing another release, then I'll just open up this one and use it on my MAX 1A.

Okay, I'm a little confused here. What do we mean "No breakages reported?" Did we not just have a poll in the toys forum for the latest release of the VF-0 and the shoulder problem was at a whopping 25% failure rate based on Macross World buyers. Did they not feature the so called improved shoulder joint? Or is this something new now?

Graham

Hey Graham, i appreciate the non-diclosure deal.. i have one written into my contract at work too. Although... would i be correct in saying that you can now give us the definitve "NOT GOING TO HAPPEN" list as that would not be covered in a non disclosure?

I know a lot of requests/questions have been about items that were previously 'not going to happen', but after you recent meeting you could maybe update us on this.

EDIT- i know its a cheeky way of telling us what we can expect roughly, but you wouldnt be in breach of terms..... go on ... you know you want to

Edited by vermillion01

Okay, I'm a little confused here. What do we mean "No breakages reported?" Did we not just have a poll in the toys forum for the latest release of the VF-0 and the shoulder problem was at a whopping 25% failure rate based on Macross World buyers. Did they not feature the so called improved shoulder joint? Or is this something new now?

Apparently not the enitre run of Shin VF-0As had the new shoulders but the new VF-0S ghost combo will all have them.