The PlayStation 3 Thread 80GB Edition

Gaijin

Finally got a new game for my PS3, can't remember how long it has been since i bought a game for it. Time to wipe the dust away and slap in Lost Planet. The game reminds me of Starship Troopers and a anime called Blue Gender.

Finally got a new game for my PS3, can't remember how long it has been since i bought a game for it. Time to wipe the dust away and slap in Lost Planet. The game reminds me of Starship Troopers and a anime called Blue Gender.

I am actually renting that this week. Never played it on 360, it is not too bad, but not great either. Of course with COD4 new maps and MGO Beta this week, I seem to be playing pretty much those this week mostly.

Edited by Gaijin

Of course with COD4 new maps and MGO Beta this week, I seem to be playing pretty much those this week mostly.

I keep meaning to get COD4, but its just too expensive over here about £40 to £50 ($80-$100). Even the second hand copies are £40 :angry:

Still while i wait for price drops, the only game i'm looking forward to is MGS4, and i'll be getting it as soon as its out.

So is this cooler supposed to be part of another model of PS3? I had this woman at a shop tell me there's a 120gb version on the way possibly but I don't trust them.

They'll make their way into all PS3's regardless of HDD size. And the 120GB one is rumored to be a reality since they do seem to upgrade the HDD every year. People complain about the SKU's but they are increasing the HDD sizes as well as dropping the price on the SKU's.

They'll make their way into all PS3's regardless of HDD size. And the 120GB one is rumored to be a reality since they do seem to upgrade the HDD every year. People complain about the SKU's but they are increasing the HDD sizes as well as dropping the price on the SKU's.

Price drop, I like the sound of that, and a quieter PS3.

anyone know if the cooler versions will make it into the US release of the MGS4 PS3? I'd rather wait and get a cooler PS3, but only if it's like a month or two, if not, I'll get just the PS3 when MGS4 comes out.

Lost Planet is ok, I have it on PC (got it at Target for $4.98 closeout). I just don't like playing it on the PC because you have to be hooked up to the internet to play.

Lost Planet is ok, I have it on PC (got it at Target for $4.98 closeout). I just don't like playing it on the PC because you have to be hooked up to the internet to play.

yeah, i really hate the way they are making PC games these days, i remember my brother bought half life 2, and he didn't even have a internet connection, which ment he couldn't play it at all. Hope they don't do anything like that for consoles, cos i don't really like being online just to play single player mode. Only problem i have with my PS3 is the region coding, which is totally unecessary, i mean even HD DVD got rid of it, why not sony :angry:

So, I noticed something kind of odd. I'm streaming mp3s to my PS3 and some of the album art is showing up and sometimes it's not... sometimes half the songs in an album will display with the art and the rest will show the default icon... any ideas as to why this is happening?

edit: albums were originally ripped with wmp 11

Edited by eugimon

So, I noticed something kind of odd. I'm streaming mp3s to my PS3 and some of the album art is showing up and sometimes it's not... sometimes half the songs in an album will display with the art and the rest will show the default icon... any ideas as to why this is happening?

edit: albums were originally ripped with wmp 11

uh? I don't get any album art on any of my MP3s at all. I use WMP11 to stream, and I embed the album art right in the MP3s themselves - my itunes has no problems seeing them, and WMP11 has no problems seeing them, but the PS3 just displays the default MP3 icon for all of them. Is there something I need to turn on for the PS3 to see/read album art?

yeah, i really hate the way they are making PC games these days, i remember my brother bought half life 2, and he didn't even have a internet connection, which ment he couldn't play it at all. Hope they don't do anything like that for consoles, cos i don't really like being online just to play single player mode. Only problem i have with my PS3 is the region coding, which is totally unecessary, i mean even HD DVD got rid of it, why not sony :angry:

No region coding on games. Movies are region codes per thr Blu-ray Association, not Sony. For most of the people here that would import videos from JApan, the fact that the US and Japan are now in the same region is a plus.

uh? I don't get any album art on any of my MP3s at all. I use WMP11 to stream, and I embed the album art right in the MP3s themselves - my itunes has no problems seeing them, and WMP11 has no problems seeing them, but the PS3 just displays the default MP3 icon for all of them. Is there something I need to turn on for the PS3 to see/read album art?

you know what's even more odd, when I use the PSP for remote play and look at the same files, more album art shows up for any particular album than if I browse the files directly from the PS3.

No region coding on games. Movies are region codes per thr Blu-ray Association, not Sony. For most of the people here that would import videos from JApan, the fact that the US and Japan are now in the same region is a plus.

though games are ment to be regoin free, some games publishers have actually implemented region codes in their games, i think oblivion is one of them. Also since i'm in the UK importing videos is a big minus

Guy in my clan is a 1st Lieutenant. He plays ALL THE TIME, though. Ranked 5000'ish. can't recall his current points. I'm a Wingman and would have to log in to tell you how many points I have. Back in November, I was:

6962, 1992 combat, 4732 Team, 583 Negative, 821 Bonus

I've probably played a grand total of 6 games since then, so am not much higher now. Maybe around 7000.

Edited by Uxi

That's..odd?

That was my initial reaction, too, but it actually makes a certain sense. I mean, after Children of the Atom, we had between X-Men vs. Street Fighter and Marvel vs. Capcom a Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter. Marvel's biggest rival is DC, and Street Fighter's was always Mortal Kombat.

Of course, DC vs MK is over 10 years late to the party...

hmm is that the new gimped 80gb edition ps3 with no backwards compatibility?! pfft because if it is I feel sorry for you. As of right now there arent really any ps3 games worth playing that arent on other systems. The only game worth playing is mgs 4 for the ps3 on june 12th. LOL I got the cheap 500 dollar 20gb with backwards compatibility at launch. ;) If your talking about the new 80gb ps3 with no ps2 support then sorry guys you got ripped hehe. :p

Eotechs in the future.

I'll give you that one. Its weird. I don't know why they used them.

On that matter though, I love my eotech. I just want one of the new 123 battery ones. The AA one I have is a tad longer than I like.

I'll give you that one. Its weird. I don't know why they used them.

On that matter though, I love my eotech. I just want one of the new 123 battery ones. The AA one I have is a tad longer than I like.

It makes me think they saw CoD4 and said "oh, it should be like... but against aliens."

Looks like Firmware 2.35 just came out. It doesnt seem to be that major of an update, but it is out and I didnt see what it contained when it restarted my system when it downloaded.

Twich

Looks like Firmware 2.35 just came out. It doesnt seem to be that major of an update, but it is out and I didnt see what it contained when it restarted my system when it downloaded.

Twich

it's supposed to increase the stability of "certain" games