The PlayStation 3 Thread 80GB Edition

Gaijin

Is the PS3 80gig MGS4 Bundle a limited edition?

My Gamestop dude said that every store in our area only got two to sell. No plans on restocking.

It's basically a 80gb PS3 with Dualshock 3 controller and a free copy of MGS4.

They need to come out with Home already. And a silver 80GB.

Home needs to be great at release. If they send it out in a less than perfect state, they are going to be crucified. Sony gets enough flack for being late to the game and expensive. I can wait untill it's good and bug free.

meh... I think people are being a little childish over a free product and I think Sony bit off a bit too much to chew for a free product.

I don't get the appeal of Home... but then, I don't get the appeal of 2nd Life or any of those other services. I just don't think it will be the system seller that people think it will be but I think it should be a fun diversion during the lulls between games.

I bought the HDMI cable and hooked up the PS3 to the Sony KSL26S3000.

Lego Indiana Jones looks great but there is a "wave" pattern and moves down the screen from time to time.

None of my other PS3 or PS2 games do that.

Also finally got the Blu-ray disks. They look great but two of the night scenes in "Flight of the Phoenix" has a white signal pattern.

I have read that the Bravia TV doesn't do black/night very well but this is the first that I have seen it.

just read an update to the Playstation Blog....looks like there will be an official Bluetooth Headset that Sony is going to sell....Looks pretty sweet too and it has the Playstation logo on it.

Twich

Bah the one feature I wanted.. is crippled...this limited custom soundtrack feature is BS. I know the Burnout patch comes out next week but I want to listen to my music in all my games.. <_< Not wait for a patch from the developers.. <_<

Bah the one feature I wanted.. is crippled...this limited custom soundtrack feature is BS. I know the Burnout patch comes out next week but I want to listen to my music in all my games.. <_< Not wait for a patch from the developers.. <_<

I'm bummed I can't stream my music, why no media server support?

What?

I downloaded it today. Since it seemed to be required to go online.

yeah, apparantly some people were reporting that after updating, their system wouldn't finish booting and just get stuck at that wavy screen.

The only problem I've been having is that when I go to the XMB menu during any game and then try to go back to the game, my PS3 sometimes locks up. After about 30 secs or so the system beeps and reboots. Hopefully they'll fix it soon.

I only played fo ra copule hours last night, and only switched through the xmb to test it, but no problems. Though the XMB does seem a bit laggy when you're playing a game.

Sony pulls 2.40 firmware.

I was too lazy to turn on my PS3 today, so I never downloaded it. Any of you guys having any problems?

ok, I was wondering why it wouldn't let me update it last night.

I haven't tried it yet, but does the PS3 play AVIs and MPEGs if I have them on a memory stick?

Or do I have to do a conversion like I did with the PSP?

Shhh, don't tell me about new Yamato releases, I've decided that if I pretend they don't exist, I won't be insanely driven to buy them :) You can't imagine how hard it was passing on the VF-0S & 1/60 YF-19.

Sony's E3 conference is today..11:30 AM PST

hopefully they'll give us something that will calm down the fanboys...after yesterdays FF news...it makes gamers look/sound like complete fools lol

EDIT....that press conference was underwhelming lol

Edited by dejr8bud

Greatest Hits PS3 for $29.99 1st wave include:

Resistance

Warhawk

Motorstorm

Fight Night

Need For Speed Carbon

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Ninja Gaiden Sigma

Rainbow Six Vegas

Assassin's Creed

The "big" announcements:

God of War III coming soon

256 (!) player "Massive Action Game" looks like a futuristic SOCOM

40GB being phased out in favor of an 80GB with Dualshock (same as 40 with larger HDD) @ same $399 price

Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for Booty on PSN for $15

FFXIII still exclusive in Japan (odd but why bother I guess), XIII Versus still exclusive to PS3

PSN Movie Rentals live on PSN tonight

Free Warhawk Update with 2 new modes

Resistance 'Retribution' for PSP

Infamous

DC Universe Online

Resistance 2 looks great

Little Big Planet looks amazing

Edit: Nothing major really, but this E3 seems watered down for all 3. Nothing really earth shattering. Guess we'll have to wait until TGS to see anything really new from the big 3

Edited by Gaijin