The PlayStation 3 Thread 80GB Edition

Gaijin

I'm also considering a PS3 so I thought I'd ask your guys opinion on the 2 current models.

If I'm going to swap the HD for a bigger one anyway, I have a USB card reader, and I have a ps2 to play ps2 games, why would I want spent $100 extra for the 80g model?

Bcs the 80gb you can play almost ps2 games.,.,.

visit www.press-start.vg

I don't own a 360 so I wouldnt know but from what I hear if you get acheivements you also get points, so if you want a map pack for Halo then you dont have to pay but can use the acheivement points. Actually is a good system if thats how it works.

Agreed. I don't see what the big attraction is in 360's "achievements."

Checks in your blocks, get to do everything in the game. As I've gotten older and have more money I can either play out a couple of games a year or just beat the one's that are great and go back to the ones I really like. I'm thinking now of going to the 40gb model with Walmart's sale tomorrow, as PS2 emulation it finally comming around.

I don't own a 360 so I wouldnt know but from what I hear if you get acheivements you also get points, so if you want a map pack for Halo then you dont have to pay but can use the acheivement points. Actually is a good system if thats how it works.

That is absolutely not how it works.

You don't get anything from achievements except gamerscore. It's not a huge deal, but it's fun and tends to be a good excuse to go back and replay the game... It's kind of the same thing as people trying to get 100% complete ratings in games.

Agreed. I don't see what the big attraction is in 360's "achievements."

At one time I did too, and then I started acquiring some.

It's a clever way to complete your games in ways you wouldn't otherwise. Crackdown is a prime example.

Uncharted is a $39.99 deal in AMazon's Gold Box...snap it up if you didn't.

Also, Wal-Mart is giving a $100 gift card to those who buy a PS3 online. If you match that with a new Sony Style credit card $100 back, that's a $200 PS3 for those looking for the cheapest deal.

Or, as it's rumored, the 100 gift card thing will last through MGS4's release so you can get a MGS4 BUndle 80GB with the gift card.

Ey guys, hope you can help me out with my problem. Well, from what I've read on the internet, the MGS4/PS3 Bundle will only be released in North America. But I'm from the Philippines so do any of you guys know where I could order it online and have it shipped here to the Philippines? To be honest, I've never ordered online so this will be my first time. So any trusted online stores you guys could recommend?

Hello? :ph34r: anyone?

A new PLAYSTATION 3 firmware update (v2.36) will be launching soon, improving system stability when playing select PlayStation format software titles. We’re also happy to officially report that the 2.40 system software update for PS3 will include “XMB” access in-game. The update will also include “trophies,” an exciting new feature that we’ll be providing more details on soon, as well as some other new enhancements. We’ve talked about some of this on the blog previously and know that many of you can’t wait to get your hands on these features. You can expect us to share all of the official details shortly.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/06/17/...es-in-game-xmb/

Ey guys, hope you can help me out with my problem. Well, from what I've read on the internet, the MGS4/PS3 Bundle will only be released in North America. But I'm from the Philippines so do any of you guys know where I could order it online and have it shipped here to the Philippines? To be honest, I've never ordered online so this will be my first time. So any trusted online stores you guys could recommend?

You can order the bundle at Play-Asia

Just turned in a couple of games to get enough credit to get Metal Gear Solid 4 and then I had to get Lego Indiana Jones for the XBox 360 for my son...they didnt have the PS3 version at the place.....I just tried to pair an old Nokia bluetooth headset to my PS3, and the thing works wonderfully....cant wait to use it for some MGO action with my fellow Macross Worlder's one of these days!

Twich

lol, that would be cool atleast,i don't know much about the character, but he does look like he packs a world of pain.

You... don't know Kratos? :blink:

If you own a PS2, march into wherever you buy your PS2 games at, and pick up God of War. Now. I'll wait. Seriously, the first one's a Greatest Hits game, so it's only $20 (or less... I bought it when it came out, sold it after I beat it, and bought it back for $10 used). If you like action-platformers... heck, if you like games, you owe it to yourself to play God of War, as it's easily one of the best games available for the PS2.

yeah :D i'll have to check it out now. With your review i hope he is in there.

But vadar... and yoda... >_____<;;; still i guess it will be interesting to hear them talk whislt fighting them.

The taunts... :lol:

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie