Yamato 1/60 YF-21 News & Pics

Graham

if you look at the bottom of the "beaver tail" there are indents carved out that conform to the shape of the feet. I think that's pretty clear evidence that the feet are supposed to stick out.

Yeah, it looks like you're right about that. Which means it's probably transformed correctly in that aspect. ...Damn.

Those feet are going to be very visible from underneath since the lower beaver tail doesn't extend as far as the upper one.

The older models didn't have this "design flaw"

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/toys/s...terrearview.jpg

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/toys/s...dersideview.jpg

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/toys/3.jpg

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/toys/y...hterventral.jpg

Also checked the ova 4 just now and around 13:52 you can see the feet aren't visible. Anyway this toy is too cool to pass it :)

I'm willing to overlook that area as the rest of the fighter, especially it's side profile, is absolutely gorgeous...

Seriously, would some of u guys really display it without the arms and legs?

maybe not necessarily without arms and legs so much as arms and legs being cast off (one arm here, one leg there), then again it would be cooler if there was a Ghost X-9 to blow the limbs off :p

if they make this toy with removable limbs, its like going backwards in time.

i will in no way pay yamato ridiculous asking price for this toy if theres any kind of removable limb. :mellow:

i'm not really one to speak on anyone elses behalf but i think i speak for the majority of the community on this one.

i will in no way pay yamato ridiculous asking price for this toy if theres any kind of removable limb. :mellow:

i'm not really one to speak on anyone elses behalf but i think i speak for the majority of the community on this one.

You've got my vote, although I don't think of it as a step backwards as the limbs aren't made to be removable for the transformation process but more as a gimmick. I gimmick I personally couldn't care less about.

yeah... it's kind of like a slap in the face, we know we released four toys now whose limbs FELL off... so now we're doing it on purpose.

Besides, I just want yamato to do the basics right. What are the basics? No huge gaps in between parts, joints that are tight, joints that don't fall apart, making sure everything lines up correctly... fraking coloring the planes the way we SAW them in the fraking anime.

same here.

I can't believe there some fans on this board that would want this feature.

Leave it solid Yamato!

Go buy a screwdriver and customize one, if it is that important to you.

Make the YF-21 have a button that sends the parts flying and you have the best "incredible crash dummies" toy ever.

Looking at the Yamato site: will the stripes be yellow or orangy? Either way, the bird looks beautifull.

I still have some crash test dummy toys from when I was a kid. :lol:

If the limbs do come off, I might try gutting the inside of the YF-21 if it has the vent things, and making the legs fit better internally. Then again, I'm lazy, so that might is a "probably not". :p I hope the limbs don't break off easier due to the any removeable limb feature.

I still have some crash test dummy toys from when I was a kid. :lol:

*sob* I really wanted a crash test dummy when I was a kid but never got one *sob*

A gimmick loaded YF-21 would take away the pain :lol:

It's already on Youtube isn't it? I still would like to see a frame by frame, particularly when the legs are coming down from Fighter to Gerwalk, if not the whole transformation that we see.

Removable limbs don't bother me as long as 1) it's secure when attached and 2) it's not required for transformation

Sure looks beautiful. Definitely getting one.