Yamato 1/60 YF-21 News & Pics

Graham

Here's a pic for ya!

justwrongsl7.jpg

The gunpod has a bit of that nostalgic style in it don't ya think?

Also, the feet look a little small but it gives it that feminine Q-Rau feel.

I wonder how they got the "landing gear" to fit in there?

j/k :)

Toynami is making a version of the yf-19 now? God, the even got the colors wrong. ^_^

.... why the F do we have to ruin this beautiful 21 thread with that freak pic! >_< Hurry up and spam until new news is on the next page. :lol:

Spam is good for u!

I hope it's a matter of un-screwing somehow or pressing a lock/un-lock buttun to pull the legs and arm's off, i don't want a spring loader.

I assume this toy will feature a mind-controlled transformation? Or is that too much to ask of Yamato? Think about it though, the commercial DID show the toy transforming on it's own, without any hands touching it. How else could that be done if not mind-control?

Edited by eriku

Argh still seeing that image and no new pics of the YF-21. Any idea when you'll be weapons free to release your pics, Graham?

Where's all the nitpicking about imagined problems, sculpt and color? Is this Macrossworld.com? Seriously, the lack of criticisms (especially unfounded ones) concerns me. :mellow:

go back a few pages, we had a good row about the feet sticking out and the merit of removable limbs. Don't worry, this is still the macrossworld you know and love.

Where's all the nitpicking about imagined problems, sculpt and color? Is this Macrossworld.com? Seriously, the lack of criticisms (especially unfounded ones) concerns me. :mellow:

Why is the YF-21 blue instead of BLUE?!!! Where's the anime magic in this sculpt?! Where's the LED lights showing the BDI system activating on the pilot figure? Why can't we see Guld's eyes bulging out in the pilot sculpt? Why didn't they pack the FOLDILDO with the first release?! Why is Yamato being so cheap in repacking the SV-51's stand again?!! Couldn't Yamato make the stand a darker shade of black just for variety? Once again, Yamato is RAPING my childhood with a couple of small hands!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that better? :p

Why is the YF-21 blue instead of BLUE?!!! Where's the anime magic in this sculpt?! Where's the LED lights showing the BDI system activating on the pilot figure? Why can't we see Guld's eyes bulging out in the pilot sculpt? Why didn't they pack the FOLDILDO with the first release?! Why is Yamato being so cheap in repacking the SV-51's stand again?!! Couldn't Yamato make the stand a darker shade of black just for variety? Once again, Yamato is RAPING my childhood with a couple of small hands!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that better? :p

God, are you mentally deficient? It's the same shade of blue as in the anime! Or can't you properly adjust your TV?

^_^

Edited by eugimon

We could talk about anhedral, but adjustable anhedral is part of the YF-21's transformation, so it's required. (Plus, there are very good sketches perfectly head-on of the -21 showing its anhedral, unlike the -19 where it's left up to animator interpretation)

We could talk about anhedral, but adjustable anhedral is part of the YF-21's transformation, so it's required. (Plus, there are very good sketches perfectly head-on of the -21 showing its anhedral, unlike the -19 where it's left up to animator interpretation)

I swear David, no one even knows what an anhedral is. could you just drop it already? You wave around your expansive and encyclopedic knowledge of aircraft like a fraking flag and it's getting annoying.

Ah, this is fun. :p

God, are you mentally deficient? It's the same shade of blue as in the anime! Or can't you properly adjust your TV?

^_^

I RESENT THAT!!! Personally, I prefer "Sniffed a little too much Beta vaporware" or "marginally retarded."

And yes, eugimon, I can adjust the color on my ultra-cool 150-inch, DLP, LCD, liquid plasma, super-HD TV, thank you very much!! And based on the image on that crystal-clear TV screen, the blue in the anime is CLEARLY deep-blue, not the light-blue of this latest release!!

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go gawk at my 3,595 Yamato and Takatoku Valk's in my secret underground bunker deep in the Orange County desert!

:lol::lol::lol: