Yamato 1/60 YF-21 News & Pics

Graham

... well i think it'd suck to have to buy Fp's with a Fold booster just to have FPs! :p yeah yeh ani't dat right!

So borrrING the greatest Valkyrie ever designed and to be made into 1/60 and no picssssss! ArragggAGGhH!!

More important than Macross Frontier for mine.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

We might see some pics after the 20th of this month when the January Hobby Japan and Dengeki Hobby hit the streets ^_^

This thread is the first one I check everytime I log onto Maccrossworld :lol:

It's really frustrating to see that there's new replies but no pics!!!

• 2 weeks later...

hey everyone. this is my first post on this wonderful Macross forum. i'm also curious on this upcoming 1/60 scaled figure of YF-21. that's why i'm waiting for this one to come out first before deciding if i should get the YF-19 later on. ;)

been checking this thread for awhile now and there's still no official image yet from Yamato. :(

anyways, the reason for this post is... since you guys are the expert on Macross. maybe you can check this Yamato CM video for the upcoming 1/60 YF-21 figure that i've downloaded this morning from the net if it's genuine or not. if it is, then this is the first time we saw the prototype with its colors. :lol: but then again, how come there's already a CM knowing there's no official image of the YF-21 yet. :unsure:

th_yamatoYF21.jpg

thanks. and more power to Macrossworld. ^_^

i wonder if the blue color will be slightly darker on the final product.

anyway...i'm getting one. got my yf-19 already waiting patiently.

yamato, please upgrade your boxes. eliminate the big flimsy boxes and turn to corrugated boxes like the Takara Masterpiece packaging. the sturdiness, matt finish with spot vanishes is really nice...well worth buying your toys if this will be the case.

right now the SV-51 packaging doesn't feel like a $220 collector figure.

damn, too bad i wasn't able to throw out the packaging issue to Graham before meeting with yamato.

I particularly love the color choices that they made. The blue is gorgeous and I like it better than the dark blue they used on the 1/72 version. Also the kind of tangerine yellow on this new one is so much better than the nauseating bright yellow on the 1/72. I know many of you will disagree with me because it is not exactly like in the OVA but I actually prefer these colors than the "real" colors.

On a closer inspection of the TV ad, I found out that the shoulder pads are hidden inside the airtake blocks: It seems that there's a opening panel in the bottom, so apparently you swivel the shoulder inside. Very clever.

Also it seems like the fuselage under the cockpit splits in two making room for the nosecone to slide inside.

Nice catch lonely soldier boy! :D I have to rewatch that video very carefully again. Not that that's a bad thing. ;)

Oh yeah, and who thinks the gunpods are going to attach at least partially by magnet?

Edited by Sumdumgai

oppsss... sorry guys. didn't know there was already a thread for that CM. guess i got so carried away when i saw that one. and this is the only thread that i saved on my bookmarks. looks like everyone is so excited to see some photos of the prototype. hope they release it soon. so i can decide now. :lol:

thanks for the welcome guys. ^_^

Just wait for the lame box art. :p While I may love MOST of the Yamato valkyries to death, with one glaring exception due to plastic mixtures, I have to say the more recent releases' box art has been less than spectacular. I liked the 1/48 DYRL boxes, they looked awesome. The Low Vis V1 was really nice looking too.

Well, the box can be the ugliest thing I've ever seen as long as it does its job of protecting the preciousness inside it, and that the said "precious" is well engineered, has excellent QC, and... and... :( I'm worried about how strong this baby will be until we see detailed pics of it and its transformation.

Saw it yesterday in fighter mode, my jaw is still on the floor. Not sure what stage it's at, but it wasn't made of plastic.

What? All die-cast? Platinum? Lead? Depleted Uranium? Origami?

But seriously, what IS it made out of?

And,,,, Yes please grab some photos and post here.

Thank you for pimping it in Akihabara.

Edited by miriya

Hahahaha I can see it now, "Pick up your Yf-21 today, complete with perfect transformation and made out of Depleted Uranium, only $1,000 if you pick it up now. Oh btw any side effects of owning a Yf-21 are not the fault of Yamato."

What? All die-cast? Platinum? Lead? Depleted Uranium? Origami?

But seriously, what IS it made out of?

And,,,, Yes please grab some photos and post here.

Thank you for pimping it in Akihabara.

I think he meant it wasn't at final (plastic) production stage; eg made of resin and painted over.

Then again, if Yamato HAS decided to start doing die-cast again.. well. That'd be rather surprising, to be honest.

Haha you guys are funny, wish more of you guys lived here.

The only thing that gets made in Platinum in Japan is Gundam, complete waste if you ask me but hey to each his own. I'm guessing it was a solid resin type painted prototype it had some decals on it, most likely the one used in the commercial. Sorry guys no pictures again it was an industry only event. Yamato had a anti camera sign in front of the YF-21 and the last thing Graham needs is a MW member refelling Yamato's feathers. I'm sure you guys will see it soon enough.