Yamato 1/60 YF-21 News & Pics

Graham

I dont understand, did Yamato get rights to make Macross 7 toys?? Are we going to see vf-21, etc.. as well??

The '21 design isn't exclusive to M7; besides it's being marketed as an M-Plus thing...

I think it's hilarious that Graham saw this thread, replied, yet didn't comment about the actual main subject. :)

Well, I just thought it was a bit silly that everyboody was like going "Wow, new VF-25 pics!", when it's just the same pics we've had for two weeks already.....yawn!

Graham

Here you go, Mr March.

To me the 25 looks like a summary of every "hero" Valk ever designed by Kawamory. In toy form, the shoulders of the Battroid will probably be more separated, which is good IMHO. I like Gerwalk the best.

Well, I just thought it was a bit silly that everyboody was like going "Wow, new VF-25 pics!", when it's just the same pics we've had for two weeks already.....yawn!

Graham

I guess this is what I get for not being specific :):lol:

I've got the pic you added LSB. My point was these "new" VF-25 pictures seem much larger on the page, sharper and brighter than the older ones currently being passed around. Maybe one could tell by my website that I'm obsessed with high resolution, crisp and clear images of mecha :)

Hard to tell from the CG art, but the VF-25 design looks like a bit of a throwback compared to the YF-21/VF-22. Even a bit more primitive than the SV-51. Beautiful nonetheless! I'm still a sucker for 4th / 4.5 generation designs, so I'm all over it's looks... also a sucker for swing wings B))

That's because the VF-25's design isn't as "radical" compared to the YF-19/ YF-21. I like it that way because something new doesn't always have to be more radical than its predecessor to make it superior. Makes it more interesting IMO.

Graham

That's because most toy fans focus on two or three sections only. I'm one of them. It took me a whole day to catch up with the Macross Frontier thread when I heard a new VF had been revealed :p

I'm a bit miffed that Yamato waited until the release of the SV-51 to include Fast Packs and a Stand with each of their VF's.

Now that the YF-21 will include all the goodies it makes my YF-19 a bit naked. They should have thought about this in the first place when reintroducing the Macross Plus lineup.

I guess this is what I get for not being specific :):lol:

I've got the pic you added LSB. My point was these "new" VF-25 pictures seem much larger on the page, sharper and brighter than the older ones currently being passed around. Maybe one could tell by my website that I'm obsessed with high resolution, crisp and clear images of mecha :)

I photoshopped the image to make it look sharper and brighter. I wish I could do something about the resolution.

First the TV ad with its crappy resolution and now those tiny mag scans, this YF-21 hunt is killing me. I've never suffered this much with any other toy.

post-1636-1195796338_thumb.jpg

I just picked up the new January 2008 issues of Dengeki Hobby and Hobby Japan magazines during my lunch break.

Here are the scans of the YF-21 pics done on my crappy office scanner.

At the weekend I'll do some better scans on my home scanner.

The Macross F pics have been cut from my scans and placed in the Macross Frontier thread.

Note the ample ground clearance in the side view fighter mode shot. And yes, I can confirm that even with FPs and gunpods attached you still have clearance.

Graham

post-11-1195799650_thumb.jpg

post-11-1195799735_thumb.jpg

Thanks a ton Graham. The '21 looks unbelievable and I haven't been this excited about a Yamato release since the first '48 back in...whenever that was...

OMG, it looks so sleek, it makes my 1/60 YF-19 look like a fat lady. Also the shoulders are nowhere to be seen, this is by far the most perfect VF yamato has made, and the best is that valks don't give the red eye of deat (damn you xbox 360). really can't wait for the early bird or preorder.

Graham, can you confirm that the tailfins will be able to fold outwards a bit more in fighter mode than they are in the pics? :huh:

And a big thanks for the pics! ^_^

Yes, of course they can. Whoever posed it for the magazine photo shoot didn't fold them out all the way.

Graham

Wow I was off by like...90 YEN lol! But my god...it's so CRAZY!!!! Can't sleep now thanks a lot Graham! >~< Grr!

Oh on the contrary, I would like to know ONE thing about the YF-21 toy. Are those intake covers removable or are they something on the toy that pulls down to cover the intakes (like movable hinged intake covers)?

Hey thanks a lot for the clarfication! Wonderfull indeed I bet you won't be doing the "crash and burn" thing you did with the other YF-21 lol! Too bad there is no pictures on the liveries or the fastpack/gunpods. I'm more curious on those things.

Isn't that the most beautiful thing you have ever seen. KA-CHING for Yamato! Good on you Yamato, proud of your efforts!

Now to wait these last 4 months..... :o Getting the one Early Bird on HLJ.com and then i'm getting 4 more! Thankyou G-Man.

I JUST LOVE WINGS DOWN FAST SPEED MODE! Just like how i got my diecast 21 displayed. Ohh this is going to be sweet!

Graham, what about detachable limbs ala Broken Limiter mode?

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

the text in japanese says it will come bundled with the fastpacks, display stand, and attachments for the fold booster. that won't give me an excuse to wait for the second release. :(