Yamato 1/60 YF-21 News & Pics

Graham

Thanks for the clarification.

Guess I got too use to gawking at those images of the D-stance model with its blue gunpods.

No big deal.

Though, I'm thinking I might paint 'em for the custom I'm planning out right now.

I think in the anime they're a darker shade of grey than what we see here though. *shrug*

I just checked the Hasegawa instructions to see what colour they have the gunpod and it is the same blue as the fighter with a yellow stripe near the muzzel. I don't know if this is cannon but I always thought it was blue. Correct me if I'm wrong as maybe the fast pack gunpod/s where grey.

Personally, I think the colors are a little too pale. I'd like a bit darker blue, yellow, and grey. Blue Angels blue is the color a YF-21 should be, IMHO. Or maybe even a hint darker than that--getting into British Airways Oxford blue.

Finally something comes out that I am not in love with! It will save me from getting 2 or 3 of them. I will get one so I can display it in fighter mode but unless when I get it it blows me away in gerwalk or batroid I will only be getting one.

What!? Have you been sitting in your car, listening to your exhaust in the garage with the door closed?

I just checked the Hasegawa instructions to see what colour they have the gunpod and it is the same blue as the fighter with a yellow stripe near the muzzel. I don't know if this is cannon but I always thought it was blue. Correct me if I'm wrong as maybe the fast pack gunpod/s where grey.

I guess I could be wrong, I always remembered it to be a dark grey:

yf21gun.jpg

Its looking really nice so far, i'm especially impressed with the hands and the gunpod (two of the less pleasing points on my old 1/72)

A question for all you SV-51 owners: whats the build quality on those stands? (assuming that this will have the same one)

I guess I could be wrong, I always remembered it to be a dark grey:

yf21gun.jpg

I'm only going on the Hasegawa model kit so it could be wrong or SK may have changed it, maybe Graham knows which is the correct colour. In that pic it looks grey to me so who knows which is correct. I'd go with what's in the show but it may change as well in different seens I haven't looked that close.

The model colour is listed as 95% cobolt blue & 5% black which makes it a dirty dark blue not quite so bright as the yammie demo but it still looks nice and close. We'll have to wait for a real production version to see how the plastic colour turns out.

Wild speculation time: you think there will be TWO sets of gunpods? One blue set for the regular fighter and one dark grey set for the FP's? :blink:

Either way, it's not that much of a deal-breaker for me.

I dont remember the yf-21 needing a seperate piece of boosters to purssue the yf-19. I had believed only the yf-19 needed the extra boosters.

The YF-21 needed a fold booster as well, otherwise it wouldn't have been able to fold.

You can see a couple of removable pieces on the dorsal side of the 21 for the attachment.

I have to admit, this really looks killer, and i am almost tempted to buy... almost. Fact is, as i already have the yf-21 in blue color, displayed in plane mode, and i will definetly NOT be selling this nice toy, i am hopping to wait for a different color scheme one day, and i seriously hope they will make other colors, such as Orange, or Low Vis, or Blackesh maybe (but maybe Orange would appeal to me the most as i dont have any other orange valks, and i had seen some mod in that color which really looked nice). But fudge, i understand why everyone wants to jump on this. This could be Yamatos finnest toy yet for some very long time. Wawawiwa.

Kensei: It could be, however, i had believed the yf-21 to be independent, and could fold without attachments (and i cant remember seing anything attached when folded or unfold, but you could clearly see it on yf-19. Anyways, i could be wrong.

Kensei: It could be, however, i had believed the yf-21 to be independent, and could fold without attachments (and i cant remember seing anything attached when folded or unfold, but you could clearly see it on yf-19. Anyways, i could be wrong.

Read the compendium notes, the YF-21 is not able to make a hyperspace fold without a fold booster. That's one of the reasons why the 21 was developed in the first place, as well as the fold boosters.

Love the hands, beefy and sizey. My 19 has got one lined up for it's chops!

Guld Pilot figure... AWESOME! I'm in love.

Gerwalk, it looks sexy even! :p

Battroid, KICK ASS.

Fighter.... -_-;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

As for the Gunpod yellow stripe i like it!

Squidd, your a freak. I'd put you on ignore just for that. : p YA FREAK!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I'll admit I'm not as big a fan of the 21 as some of you but I'll be buying one of these. It looks great in all modes and the fighter shape is amazing so sleek. I must say though that I can't wait to some of you guys do some customs with this bird. Yamato you have my money you can count on that!

Ooooheyy! That looks amazing... but tragically it still does not look like the gunpods can stow in fighter mode without the FPs... oh well. The new hands look good too.

the tv commercial shows the gunpods on the belly plates without FAST packs... so I don't see why they wouldn't stay on in fighter mode.