Yamato 1/60 YF-21 News & Pics

Graham

I've been trying to figure it out for half an hour now but I still don't understand how the transformation of the arms work. The fore arms are at the rear behind the wings and the biceps aren't nearly as long as the wings. So how do they attach to the intakes that are in front of the wings? :huh:

does it make you want to try yamato again?

The '21 is my favorite sci-fi, anime, fantasy vehicle ever-I remember seeing it for the first time back in '97 and just being blown away by the fighter design. QC issues and miscolored triangles will not keep me from buying this one, I'll make the time to fix it if need be...

Wonderfull ...

superbe

merveilleux

incroyable .....

now i have a clue how the arms transforms ... simple but efficient :) if i'm right :)

The shoulder is attached to the black thing we can see . this one is attached under the wings and is articulated ....

in gerwalk or battroid, you just have to rotate the black thing, and collapse the part beside the air intake

tadaaaaa ...

ME WANT

Edited by isamu_dyson

Dante--I assume you've never had any of the other YF-21's? Basically, the "outer forearm" slides down over the wrist (and if it was human, over the radius and ulna).

The fists do not retract in like many transforming robots. The wrist/fist stay in place, the forearm slides down over them, extending the length of the arm.

On the old YF-21, this left a long exposed "sliding track" where the forearm used to be. The new one has much better belly plates that cover up the area.

What you think is a "lengthened arm" is actually the forearm slid to the rear, and belly plates folded up into the space to where the forearm used to be.

anyone else notice the really cool poseable hands?

it sure as hell beats the chicken hands we every other release.

i also love the fact that this isn't all gapified.

i like the little intake covers but now it doesn't have perfect transformation.....

haha, of course i had to b!tch about something, i wouldn't be a MWer otherwise. :D

Dante--I assume you've never had any of the other YF-21's? Basically, the "outer forearm" slides down over the wrist (and if it was human, over the radius and ulna).

The fists do not retract in like many transforming robots. The wrist/fist stay in place, the forearm slides down over them, extending the length of the arm.

On the old YF-21, this left a long exposed "sliding track" where the forearm used to be. The new one has much better belly plates that cover up the area.

What you think is a "lengthened arm" is actually the forearm slid to the rear, and belly plates folded up into the space to where the forearm used to be.

That makes perfect sense.

Thanks David.

And yes, this will be my first YF-21 toy.

Guld has thumbs!

There's one notable marking missing though. Just to the side of the intakes, in the yellow area, there's a triangle engraved. That should be red.

Wrong it is supposed to be yellow, see ova 1 at 27:10 , 29:56, 30:14 etc... The previous YF 21 toys did paint those triangles red.

Wrong it is supposed to be yellow, see ova 1 at 27:10 , 29:56, 30:14 etc... The previous YF 21 toys did paint those triangles red.

are you sure? most of the shots make those triangles pretty defined and every coloring I've seen of it has them red.

Amazing......simply amazing! It almost makes me want to cry. Fast packs look perfect and retains sleekness. Hopefully this will be Yamatos best valk ever made....EVAH! Oh, since when did the gunpods have yellow stripes on them?

God its tooo good to be true! I kinda hope that cockpit is more clearer though...kinda hazy for my tastes. Everything else...I could just smell that new plastic smell of the YF-21 from just looking lol! I might consider buying a bunch so I can repaint it as black stealth model, camo, and so on! Soo many possibilities with this one! God it's SLEEK!

Frankly, the OVA isn't considered that "canon" for M+ valks, at least as far as Yamato is concerned. Yamato follows the Hasegawa kits, for shape, details, and markings. And the Hase YF-21 has those triangles red.

Also, the OVA's aren't that detailed. If you went by the OVA, none would ever have any markings but the US Spacy logo.

anyone else notice the really cool poseable hands?

it sure as hell beats the chicken hands we every other release.

i also love the fact that this isn't all gapified.

i like the little intake covers but now it doesn't have perfect transformation.....

haha, of course i had to b!tch about something, i wouldn't be a MWer otherwise. :D

The hands look good. They actually look like beefy hands not like a friggin Terminator endoskeleton hands.

Well I'm happy with how it looks Yamato is really doing a good job in design and how sleek and thin it is in fighter mode looks awesome. One question though, is the pictures a page back of a resin painted pre-production version as the screws in the feet look painted and it looks like there are some scatch marks on some pieces that fit into one another and on the feet, just wondering.

The hands look great, much better than chicken fingers but I'm a little unsure about this detachable arms and legs idea.

Finally something comes out that I am not in love with! It will save me from getting 2 or 3 of them. I will get one so I can display it in fighter mode but unless when I get it it blows me away in gerwalk or batroid I will only be getting one.

Since I'm too lazy and dumb to watch the DVD's again, are the gunpods supposed to be grey? Or are they supposed to color match with the rest of the 21 (i.e., blue)?

Thank you charger69 for posting those big beautiful pics!

Since I'm too lazy and dumb to watch the DVD's again, are the gunpods supposed to be grey? Or are they supposed to color match with the rest of the 21 (i.e., blue)?

Thank you charger69 for posting those big beautiful pics!

they're supposed to be grey.

Thanks for the clarification.

Guess I got too use to gawking at those images of the D-stance model with its blue gunpods.

No big deal.

Though, I'm thinking I might paint 'em for the custom I'm planning out right now.