The All Things Video Games Thread!

I miss Yahtzee's old openings...

Speaking of medieval FPS... Age of Chivalry is one. Really fun but really hard to get into. Still got balance issues and quirks. It's still a good Source mod.

The one edge MW1 and now MW2 have over other FPS (console and PC) is the attachment system. I don't care much for the perks, but I really love the idea on customizing your weapon / "Create A Class" system. MW2 from what I understand now allows 2 attachments to a weapon. I really wish more developers would adopt that basic idea for their future titles, but I haven't seen it materialize yet.

I have no problem with weapons being locked to their classes really. I don't really care if that feature migrates to other future games.

Though the only recent game that I can think of that has weapon customization is Metal Gear Solid Online.

Team Fortress 2 is almost the same with its unlockable weapons.

And then there's America's Army...

Edited by shiroikaze

That's nothing. How about Mongol Horse Archer Cavalry? :lol: They ride around, keep shooting you up, never allow you to get close. But when you don't want to fight anymore, they come charging right up your a**!

And for the 25 kill streak reward, William Wallace come out of nowhere on horseback, shooting lightning bolts from his eyes, and fireballs from his arse. "FREEEEDOOOMM!" ^_^

Seriously though, this doesn't sound like too bad of a game idea... ;)

And for the 25 kill streak reward, William Wallace come out of nowhere on horseback, shooting lightning bolts from his eyes, and fireballs from his arse. "FREEEEDOOOMM!" ^_^

Drifting OT but: Who'd win? Mel Gibson's William Wallace or Russel Crowe's Maximus?

Drifting OT but: Who'd win? Mel Gibson's William Wallace or Russel Crowe's Maximus?

That would depend on the perks you've equipped... :p

Well Maximus has been in more one-on-one fights on screen, so I'd give him the edge. "Makin' movies, Makin' songs, and fight'n 'round the world!"

That's nothing. How about Mongol Horse Archer Cavalry? :lol: They ride around, keep shooting you up, never allow you to get close. But when you don't want to fight anymore, they come charging right up your a**!

What kind of loser plays a class where you can't circle-strafe? Cheating haxxors the lot of them!

William Wallace can do a 25 kill streak by one circular swing of that massive Claymore. And his tactical-operator callsign will be Whiskey-Whiskey.

Oh yes. After my first misadventure trying to figure that damn thing out, I went to trusty Google and found the procedure and have followed it to the letter. Just can't quite make it past the last two steps, though.

Any idea where I find this ghost boy? I seem to remember dealing with him my first run-through of the crypt, but after that...

do you still need help with this?

He's in the lower ruins in the first big room with a round thing in the center, in the south anteroom there's a sarcophagus that has the elven tablet on it and when you pick it up it will unlock a new codec entry

Beat Dragon Age at lvl 21 (without Warden's Keep). Ending is/was pretty weak actually, probably worse than any of the other Bioware or subcontracted Bioware titles I've played through. Come to think of it, really only the middle of the game was really interesting/drawing. Perhaps they've gone too far in enabling the player to affect the outcome of the story so we're stuck with dialogue text boxes instead of video? I'm left feeling like I played a PS one or NES era title (ex:chronotrigger/star ocean 2). Not to mention much like the rest of the game for the most part you've been given the illusion of choice. Maybe it was always predetermined by the Maker anyway..

do you still need help with this?

He's in the lower ruins in the first big room with a round thing in the center, in the south anteroom there's a sarcophagus that has the elven tablet on it and when you pick it up it will unlock a new codec entry

Nah, I got it with some grinding. Now I'm grinding my way though the Deep Roads. At least this isn't nearly as annoying/boring as the Fade section was.

new star wars title will be unvieled at the VGA 09 Awards, I wonder what it is..i hope its Battlefront III or a new Jedi Knight game
I'm hoping for the latter. They've supposedly not been killing off Kyle Katarn in other mediums because they want to make more of that series.

new star wars title will be unvieled at the VGA 09 Awards, I wonder what it is..i hope its Battlefront III or a new Jedi Knight game

To heck with that. Yet Another FPS is the LAST thing the game market needs.

Gimme another space combat simulator. X-Wing/TIE Fighter. Rock it old school. Since the XWing Trilogy back in 2000, the sum total of space combat simulators is Project Sylpheed and ... Project Sylpheed?

And adaptive music this time, LucasArts! You did it in DOS, you can do it now! That's why I mock the Win9x X-Wing and TIE Fighter ports. Suuuure, the graphics are "high-res" and texture-mapped. But adaptive music is QBerting awesome, and ditching it is QBerting lame.

Gimme another space combat simulator. X-Wing/TIE Fighter. Rock it old school. Since the XWing Trilogy back in 2000, the sum total of space combat simulators is Project Sylpheed and ... Project Sylpheed?

And adaptive music this time, LucasArts! You did it in DOS, you can do it now! That's why I mock the Win9x X-Wing and TIE Fighter ports. Suuuure, the graphics are "high-res" and texture-mapped. But adaptive music is QBerting awesome, and ditching it is QBerting lame.

Another decent one is Dark Star One, if you can get it to run on Vista, that is (which I can't <_< ).

Can some one translate, just to confirm if Capcom vs. Tatsunoko going to be released for the DS,

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1230114_1124.html

Thanks.

I don't think so. I can't read too much of it, but the article is talking about two games. It seems the only mentions of the DS are for Rockman EXE: Operation Shooting Star.

I finally made 2nd Leiutennant in MW1. God, is online multiplayer in the game a blast.

On the subject of grenade-spammers, don't let me catch you being one, or my MW1 avatar will personally take his combat knife and shove it up your ass (so I can get 20 points twords my next promotion B)) ).

I finally made 2nd Leiutennant in MW1. God, is online multiplayer in the game a blast.

On the subject of grenade-spammers, don't let me catch you being one, or my MW1 avatar will personally take his combat knife and shove it up your ass (so I can get 20 points twords my next promotion B)) ).

What? I have one frag grenade, I might as well use it to save my life. :p

Believe me I wish they'd do another X-Wing/Tiefighter but considering how much they've been ignoring the simulator market I doubt that will ever happen.

I think they have reworked steam releases lined up though don't they?

a new X-Wing or TIE Fighter game would kick so much ass...

A new JK game would still be good though.

So tonight i beat assassins creed 2. MUCH more fullfilling than the first one i think. lots of fun to platy, great story and voice acting; just a joy.

Bring on number 3!