The All Things Video Games Thread!

I never really watched trek, so forgive the unfamiliarity. :lol:

Worf was the Klingon who served on the Enterprise in The Next Generation, rising to chief of security before transferring to Deep Space Nine where he got married.

VGA's HAVE STARTED

FORCE UNLEASHED II ANNOUCED AND TRAILER (Pretty sweet but also hella confusing)

BATMAN ARKHAM ASYLUM II

still holdin out for that Mass Effect CGI trailer woo

If the new Transformers game, FU2 and AA2 come out in 2010 (along with Mega Man 10 and all the awesome games that missed the holidays this year), it's going to be a hell of a year for gamers.

Heard they kinda shafted people on that and only showed about 30 seconds, the full one apparently is on XBL on the 21st or something.

yeah it was good but wasnt the whole thing,they showed like 2 minutes of it then it finishes and says 'veiw the full trailer on the 22nd of december' lol..i dont see the point really? why not just show the whole thing.

I finally made level 30 in MW2 multiplayer.

Gotta love the heartbeat sensor (unless some sumbitch has the Ninja perk). I have equipped on my M4 (my Paingive Custom Class) and my default LMG (Heavy Gear Nut II CC; the handle really helps here). Too bad you can only have two attachments on each weapon, because I would've loved to stick the holographic sight on the LMG.

I finally equipped the stinger missle on my Heavy Gear Nut II CC; I did so only after I got the challenge for the default launcher. I'll tackle the challenge for the grenade launcher later.

The only time I start grenading people is if I'm after challenges, nothing personal; I don't spam symtex for your information.

I finally made level 30 in MW2 multiplayer.

Gotta love the heartbeat sensor (unless some sumbitch has the Ninja perk). I have equipped on my M4 (my Paingive Custom Class) and my default LMG (Heavy Gear Nut II CC; the handle really helps here). Too bad you can only have two attachments on each weapon, because I would've loved to stick the holographic sight on the LMG.

I finally equipped the stinger missle on my Heavy Gear Nut II CC; I did so only after I got the challenge for the default launcher. I'll tackle the challenge for the grenade launcher later.

The only time I start grenading people is if I'm after challenges, nothing personal; I don't spam symtex for your information.

I Just cracked level 30 first prestige :p . also got the mastery title for the M82 (I hate the .50 cal almost as much as the intervention <_< ). but I'm done messing with FMJ on that AND I got my stinger, now I can get back to f'ing with people's kill streak rewards. also F*ck the heartbeat sensor, man up and use a real attachment. (I use Halo sights on my M4 with scavanger pro, and a SPAS-12)

6 more levels and I get my WA2000 back :wub:

I don't know if anyone talked about this game back in October, but I downloaded the demo for Bayonetta when It came out and finally got around to playing yesterday (curse MW2 and pressing school work).

I don't usually play Brawler/hack n' Slash style action games, but god is this game awesome. I still haven't finished the demo as I'm not actually good at this genre but even when you're doing poorly this is just too much fun. ^_^

I Just cracked level 30 first prestige :p . also got the mastery title for the M82 (I hate the .50 cal almost as much as the intervention <_< ). but I'm done messing with FMJ on that AND I got my stinger, now I can get back to f'ing with people's kill streak rewards. also F*ck the heartbeat sensor, man up and use a real attachment. (I use Halo sights on my M4 with scavanger pro, and a SPAS-12)

6 more levels and I get my WA2000 back :wub:

i dont think im gonna go prestiging for now. it took me 3 weeks to be at level 70. i love my acr and 1887 akimbos etc. i dont wanna lose them and start all over again.

the usual perks i used are scavenger pro, cold blooded pro and ninja pro but i do marathon and lightweight sometimes to get to the campers real soon lol

the thing i hate about mw2 is that javelin glitch, thank god IW fixed that and their spawn system. but other than rage quitting and throwing my controller in multiplayer frustration, i love this game. :lol: :lol: :lol:

btw has anyone noticed those heart beat sensors can still detect you despite you using ninja pro perk? i would check the killcam and i would see a camper killed me using a heart beat sensor.

i dont think im gonna go prestiging for now. it took me 3 weeks to be at level 70. i love my acr and 1887 akimbos etc. i dont wanna lose them and start all over again.

oh you bastard, the 1887 akimbo is so cheap. Prestige was actually kind of worth it, other than the stinger being level 30, I find the low level guns perfectly good. And now you get new titles, persistent challenges and an extra custom class when you prestige so it doesn't feel so much like you're being penalized.

the usual perks i used are scavenger pro, cold blooded pro and ninja pro but i do marathon and lightweight sometimes to get to the campers real soon lol

I use marathon and light weight to run around stabbing people, scavenger+hardline+steady aim for sniping, and slight of hand and cold blooded for taking out choppers.

the thing i hate about mw2 is that javelin glitch, thank god IW fixed that and their spawn system. but other than rage quitting and throwing my controller in multiplayer frustration, i love this game. :lol: :lol: :lol:

btw has anyone noticed those heart beat sensors can still detect you despite you using ninja pro perk? i would check the killcam and i would see a camper killed me using a heart beat sensor.

the Javelin glitch was annoying as hell. the ninja pro thing has been known for a while, it's a problem with the kill cam. the person with the heart beat sensor doesn't see you during game play, but during the kill cam you show up (even though you weren't before)

oh you bastard, the 1887 akimbo is so cheap. Prestige was actually kind of worth it, other than the stinger being level 30, I find the low level guns perfectly good. And now you get new titles, persistent challenges and an extra custom class when you prestige so it doesn't feel so much like you're being penalized.

I use marathon and light weight to run around stabbing people, scavenger+hardline+steady aim for sniping, and slight of hand and cold blooded for taking out choppers.

the Javelin glitch was annoying as hell. the ninja pro thing has been known for a while, it's a problem with the kill cam. the person with the heart beat sensor doesn't see you during game play, but during the kill cam you show up (even though you weren't before)

i just dont have the time to redo all over again so for now i will be stuck @ level 70 til i get bored.

regarding about the HBS, people who uses them can track and hunt me down eventhough i have ninja perk on. as an example i was at rundown map hiding in the grassy knolls, proned and this guy killed me 3 times. :lol: so i move to another location and again the same guy hunted me down.

i just dont have the time to redo all over again so for now i will be stuck @ level 70 til i get bored.

regarding about the HBS, people who uses them can track and hunt me down eventhough i have ninja perk on. as an example i was at rundown map hiding in the grassy knolls, proned and this guy killed me 3 times. :lol: so i move to another location and again the same guy hunted me down.

oh well, I never use ninja anyways. Ninja (even pro) is pretty much the most useless tier 3 perk. Commando pro and steady aim pro are the best, sitrep is pretty useful too.

oh well, I never use ninja anyways. Ninja (even pro) is pretty much the most useless tier 3 perk. Commando pro and steady aim pro are the best, sitrep is pretty useful too.

ninja pro is good, your footsteps are silent while your enemies' are louder.

ninja pro is good, your footsteps are silent while your enemies' are louder.

ninja just makes you quiet, sitrep makes enemies louder.

actually I think last stand is the most useless but I still get more use out of scrambler and sitrep than ninja.

ninja just makes you quiet, sitrep makes enemies louder.

actually I think last stand is the most useless but I still get more use out of scrambler and sitrep than ninja.

At least it's not as useless as it was in Modern Warfare 1 (where you get a chance to nail anyone in your crosshairs before you croak). In MW2 you've got a chance to drag yourself to safety until you recover and stand up.

what do you guys do when you encounter an enemy with a riot shield?

i usually do lay a claymore between me and the enemy and run away like fast :lol: :lol: :lol:

For PvE... the nade launcher on the AK/M-4 worked pretty well for me. The key is that you want it to go boom on the side or right behind the enemy so their shield can't protect them.

You can also flashbang them, which will knock them off balance and expose themselves to your attacks.

... or last option, is melee-ing them will also cause them to expose themselves, at which point you can just get behind them and attack.

If you want good practice with riot-shield dudes you should try the Special Ops mission for the airport, I don't remember the name lol, but it's basically several waves of shielded troops protected by non-shielded troops.

I started playing Assassin's Creed II. It's pretty fun for now, but I think the Italian-English language blend is just lol. No offense, but Ezio really sounds and acts like a stereotypical Italian dude from the Jersey Shore.

Why couldn't they make him speak the way Desmond normally talks (yes, I know that the voice actors in AC1 were different for Altair/Desmond)... but Altair never spoke his lines in a stereotypical strong Middle-Eastern accent.

what do you guys do when you encounter an enemy with a riot shield?

i usually do lay a claymore between me and the enemy and run away like fast :lol: :lol: :lol:

I shoot them in the feet and they die. ^_^

alternatively I blind both of us with a flash-bang and start violently bashing the melee button until one of us is dead. sometimes I use semtex, and one time I jumped up on top of the guy and stabbed him in the head.

After he dies I like to take his shield, find him again and then have a hilarious shield duel.

At least it's not as useless as it was in Modern Warfare 1 (where you get a chance to nail anyone in your crosshairs before you croak). In MW2 you've got a chance to drag yourself to safety until you recover and stand up.

that's final stand. last stand you always die. Final stand is somewhat useful since you recover and it's basically like being locked in prone, you only get it if you suck enough to die 4 times in a row.

also I got dumped into the most random game today. I was trying to play 3rd person team tactical and I got dumped into an 18 player FFA match on rust. also half the people showed up as friendlies even though I got points for shooting them, and there was no score being kept, just time. Shit was pretty insane.

And what's sad/funny is that whatever collector's edition they put out will be on my (and just about everyone else's) shelf that very March day.

I'm kinda glad/bummed I got that Gamestop giftcard...

Well, I don't think it's gonna be like that for the rest of the 50+ hour ride. Though I kinda wished they brought back actual stores instead of being able to buy via save point.

(Famitsu: 39/40, it's pretty funny for the "same reason". :lol:)

Edited by shiroikaze

Has anyone, by chance, played Gundam Vs. Gundam Next Plus on the PSP? I thought the first Gundam Vs. Gundam was kind of boring, but they've addressed my main complaint by giving us something to do besides Arcade Mode. It's called, generically enough, Next Plus mode. You make a team of four mobile suits and take them through various maps. Some maps have one level, some maps have several with alternate routes. You gain GP and XP for every level. GP is used to buy new mobile suits. Weaker suits (like the Guncannon) cost 1000, mid-range suits (like the RX-78 Gundam) cost 2000, and powerful suits (like the Nu Gundam) cost 3000. XP is used to upgrade your mobile suits in five different categories that I haven't translated yet. You spend XP and GP, as well as change your team members, between maps. Once you've entered a map, you have a certain number of retries to complete the map with the team you have. Failure to do so will cause you to start back at the first level of the map.

The levels are similar to the older Vs. games, like Gundam vs. Zeta Gundam. Some require you to protect a target, others destroy certain targets. Sometimes you just have to kill enough enemies to deplete gauge. Some missions will allow you to respawn until your gauge is gone, others don't allow you to respawn at all. Sometimes you can take a teammate, sometimes you can't. On rare occasions, you're setting up a queue... when you're first MS is destroyed, you move on to the second on the list. The gameplay is the faster style from the Seed vs. games and the first Gundam vs. Gundam.

It's fast, fun, arcade Gundam goodness, and I actually appreciate that they have mobile suits from the various AU Gundam series mixed with the UC Gundams. There's at least one MS from every animated Gundam TV series except the second season of 00, Char's Counterattack, and F91 plus MS from the UC OVAs, Endless Waltz and Unicorn. It can be a little too fast, though... some missions have 30 second time limits, and the gameplay feels like button mashing at times. I kinda prefer the Gundam Battle series better now, and I wish they'd just make a new one of those that encompasses as many Gundam series as Next Plus does. (If they're running out of room on UMDs to do so, I'd gladly take a PS3 version with upgraded graphics).

Well, I don't think it's gonna be like that for the rest of the 50+ hour ride. Though I kinda wished they brought back actual stores instead of being able to buy via save point.

I had a feeling that something would have to be compromised for all the graphics they were showing off over the years.

What the hell is that thing made of? And why aren't the MythBusters after that material for thier blast shields!!! B)):D

transparent aluminum? Cold rolled unobtainium? :lol:

whats even more fun is that bullets ricochet off riot shields with enough velocity to still do damage. it's actually possible to be killed by said ricochet from your own gun.

transparent aluminum? Cold rolled unobtainium? :lol:

whats even more fun is that bullets ricochet off riot shields with enough velocity to still do damage. it's actually possible to be killed by said ricochet from your own gun.

I know, the loading screens can be very informative. :)