CM's Corporation Legioss/TREAD.

Roger

Here's hobby search's link to CM Legioss/Tread

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10066542

Regular Price : 28,000 yen

Sales Price : 26,600 yen

26,600.00 JPY = 237.519 USD

1 USD = 111.991 JPY

Even though their prices are much cheaper, please note the shipping part have not been included. I would think it is gonna be around/close to $300. :blink: when did these toys started inflate so much????

Not that I place any faith in what Toynami tells magazines or the public at large, but the Toynami Beta is supposedly the next MPC due out which SHOULD mean that it's already in production and so this CMs thing shouldn't be able to kill it.

I really haven't been following Toynami for awhile now (or they haven't updated their website....same difference), but did they ever release their Shadow Chronicles recolored Alpha?

I figured that little bad boy/turd would be their next release.

I really haven't been following Toynami for awhile now (or they haven't updated their website....same difference), but did they ever release their Shadow Chronicles recolored Alpha?

There really isn't much to follow. One of the mags, I forget which one but probably Toyfare, posted a tentative release schedule (I'm adding the word tentative). IIRC it said the Beta was due out in spring and the Cyclone would follow in the summer. The only problem with that is that Toynami seems pretty incapable of doing that since they always lag a couple to a few months between paint variations. That means if the first Beta hit in March (what are the odds?) we'd go right up until near xmas with the slow trickle of paint variations before seeing the Cyclone. Also, it makes sense that the Beta MPCs would be followed by Aoshima variants so I have a real hard time believing we're going to see two MPCs next year. Also, has anyone seen any new Toynami products up for preorder? If you have, it was probably the Cyclone which makes things seem even more questionable.

As to the Shadow Chronicles MPCs/Imen/Superposeables, nothing has been heard of them that I recall since they made their showing. There have been some odd rumors about a Shadow Chronicles video game though (???) and some speculation that the Shadow Chronicles toys would come out concurrently with its release. At this point I'm thinking anything Shadow Chronicles is more likely going to have to wait until the second episode of that series.

Uh, just to clear things up, I'm no insider and this is no scoop, just me making observations and sharing what little bits I've gleamed from the Internet. I may be proven very wrong in a number of ways.

EDIT - I said Megahouse where I meant Aoshima originally.

Edited by jenius

Cool. Thanks for the additional info. and background, jenius.

I know that Toynami's pretty unreliable when it comes to projecting release dates (or keeping the fans "in the know"). So, none of this speculation or info. comes as a surprise to me.

As for CM's I really am hoping they're taking our criticisms to heart. Either keep the price down or rework the sculpts to give us something WORTHY of that asking price.

Cool. Thanks for the additional info. and background, jenius.

I know that Toynami's pretty unreliable when it comes to projecting release dates (or keeping the fans "in the know"). So, none of this speculation or info. comes as a surprise to me.

As for CM's I really am hoping they're taking our criticisms to heart. Either keep the price down or rework the sculpts to give us something WORTHY of that asking price.

Honestly, no toy is worth $300 in my opinion. I know you get two figures, but that's still paying $150 for an Alpha and $150 for a Beta. Even if Toynami released theirs for $150, thats $150 + $60 for a set of Alpha/Beta and there is no shipping cost. $150 is still ridiculous. $100 is pushing it. Oh well, I'll just continue to hope for some KO makers or some smaller scale more affordable ones.

Still hell no. They better fix it to be in line with the anime to ask for that price still. If we include the shipping, HLJ price is $300. And they are coming out with 3 different colors? That is $900 total... Holy hell I can get 6 1/48s yammies and 1/48s are damn near perfect.

If this toy was in a nice big 1/32 scale (or larger) and closer to the line art I'd spend $300 in a heartbeat on it. As it stands what we have been shown is a teeny tiny mutant for that price. It might just be me but I'd like a kiss first.

I still sincerely hope that CM's has retooled the model and rethought the price... but at this stage of the game both those look like pipe dreams. A toy this size should be at best $150. Especially for one so far off model.

If this toy was in a nice big 1/32 scale (or larger) and closer to the line art I'd spend $300 in a heartbeat on it. As it stands what we have been shown is a teeny tiny mutant for that price. It might just be me but I'd like a kiss first.

I still sincerely hope that CM's has retooled the model and rethought the price... but at this stage of the game both those look like pipe dreams. A toy this size should be at best $150. Especially for one so far off model.

Agreed. As much as I want a linkup myself, the Legioss is too small for 150 and the Beta is nowhere near as complex as the 1/48's are and those are way cheaper. Let alone the poor design we've seen so far.

I was so disappointed at Toynami's Alpha and then Aoshima's Legioss that I was willing to overlook the many flaws on this release, but this is getting ridiculous.

I really really hope they fix this toy or bring the price down.

If Toynami ever comes out with the Beta I'm actually considering getting one of those and an Alpha from them if the linkup looks decent. At least it won't cost me a car payment and it doesn't look like it has any LESS problems than the CM toy...

Since the Blue MPC Alpha's are so expensive on Ebay, I am hoping that Toynami will make the MPC Tread in "Shadow colors" from the Robotech : Shadow Chronicles movie to go with my MPC Shadow Alpha.

If they do, I'm getting one.

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

The only toy i have ever shelled that much or more for was my S.H.E. Perfect Change Getter Robo and i don't really have the interest or the love of the alpha/ beta combo as i do for that. Plus i used the money i made on deployment for it, i won't see expendable money like that again for a looooong time.

Since the Blue MPC Alpha's are so expensive on Ebay, I am hoping that Toynami will make the MPC Tread in "Shadow colors" from the Robotech : Shadow Chronicles movie to go with my MPC Shadow Alpha.

If they do, I'm getting one.

-Kyp

That's fine if Toynami does that.

But they better release the original blue Beta first. The blue one is just so iconic and so memorable in the series that it absolutely, positively has to be the first Beta released.

I think it is just transformed wrong, like you see with most of these test shots.

Remember the banana nose the first shots of the alpha had.

With the feet in and the arm up it will look better.

I cannot believe that this is what CM will give us, it just does not fit in their trackrecord.

Please forgive my (lack off) photoshop skills.

lousy testshot:

alpha1er3.jpg

The way it wil probably be:

alpha2sk9.jpg

Hi, imagine if we could have something similar of this design:

post-1010-1199529589_thumb.jpg

Bests regards.

akim.

You know a big Beta pet peeve for me? It's something I know no toy company will ever address. The feet on the beta are not supposed to be fixed prongs. If a company wanted to do them right they would have it so those prongs could shift up and down (there's a fixed inner prong but an outer prong that moves). From the looks of it the CMs Tread would look good standing and looking straight forward but if you angled the legs outward the prongs wouldn't give and it'd be standing on the edge of one. This is another reason why these toys should be made at 1/35, they could actually do some engineering on those prongs.

Edited by jenius

The in-show animation was admittedly really bad when it came to the Legioss and the Tread. Original lineart is always much more helpful. I could take two pics from the series and you'd have a hard time knowing it was supposed to be the same Legioss. Sometimes it was angular with wings cambered downward and sometimes it was boxy. In that pic above there are defintely some issues.

Just got back from Superfest and CM's was showing off all three colored sets. For the most part they look great, unlike most toy collectors I'm just happy they are coming out.

Gripes:

Front intakes are too small.

Tail wings are too long and stick out in battloid and Legioss Tread linked modes.

Shoulder missiles look like a carton of a dozen eggs and are positioned wrong.

Not enough die-cast like their Patlabor toys have.

No rubber tires

Pros:

I'm finally going to get my green Legioss and Tread set.

SRP: 29400 yen = $270

Blue Legioss set will be the only one sold retail everywhere.

Green Legioss set CM's site exclusive only.

Red Legioss set Japan ToyRus exclusive only.

Tokyo Hunter asked if Inbit were on the way and they said they do not have the license to make enemy mecha.

post-3328-1199610115_thumb.jpg

post-3328-1199610195_thumb.jpg

post-3328-1199610268_thumb.jpg

post-3328-1199610386_thumb.jpg

post-3328-1199610477_thumb.jpg

post-3328-1199610598_thumb.jpg

post-3328-1199610667_thumb.jpg

post-3328-1199610742_thumb.jpg

Edited by SaveRobotech