CM's Corporation Legioss/TREAD.

Roger

I'd be cautious too, I handled one of the Toynami's, they were terrible, I can't even begin to wonder what the bloody Aoshima would be like. I really want this to work, but it looks pretty cheap so far.

Cool thing is that there are three colours of Tleads to choose from.

I'm seriously considering getting this as I just bought the Mospeada boxset, and have to say that the original Japanese one was pretty damn good. Can't wait to get the Mospeada's too.

For the Tlead and Legioss, my hopes are really riding on this one, well, cause it's really the only choice I have to choose from.

Edited by kensei

Maybe my standards are lower, but all modes look great to me, even in combined form. No, it doesn't exactly match the animation, but that's impossible anyway.

For the record I also really love Toynami's 'Morpher' Legioss, so you can tell right there that I'm not a stickler for accuracy. I just want a good toy. :)

There's too many things that are "off" about this. If it was just one or two things then I might consider it. But I could mention a dozen obvious things that I don't like about it that tells me I wont be getting it.

Jesus Christ I knew this thing would exceed the $200 mark. 29,400 yen = $258.638 USD!!!! Does anyone know if this thing is going to be all plastic or will there be some diecast metal? It looks alright, but it doesn't seem to be worth its price tag. However most of CM's products don't looks worth their price tags. Take for example the DX Gaogaigar figure or even the small little Mospeada ride armors seem expensive at $60 bucks a pop. On the other hand I personally own CM's Patlabor Griffon so I think I could expect good quality from this release. Its also nice to see CM's is releasing all 3 color variants for this mold. I never spent over $200 for a toy before, but this just might cause me to do so. Oh HLJ special anyone? I wonder if Lost and Found toys will be taking pre-orders for this thing. LOS where are you?

No, the tread is sitting way too far up. The chest notches where you see the two things that look like torpedoes are supposed to be covered up by the Legioss' arms... hence why it has those nice little notches there. Plus the tail fins apparently unable to fully tuck into the arms looks like pure balls.

Edit: Plus the Legioss' legs and feet look like they are bowing way far out when connected. I still say this linkup, if it is indeed the final product, looks terrible. Anime magic or not it looks like a toaster screwing a lawn dart.

Hence why I feel this cannot be the "final" "real" toy... if it is then they really, really dropped the ball.

that fighter mode link up looks pretty bad... is the tread supposed to sit up that high???

TOY-RBT-0137_03.jpg

What the hell-kind-of-link-up is this?!? The legs are spread open? The fighter connects low on the connection bar? WTF...for $250+ I will most definitely pass. After all this time, since the prototype, and this is the best they can do?

How terribly dissapointing.

<_<

here's the rest of the big pics hosted from the site...

TOY-RBT-0137_01.jpg

TOY-RBT-0137_02.jpg

TOY-RBT-0137_03.jpg

TOY-RBT-0137_04.jpg

I think the battroids for both legioss and tread look great in the 1st pic... the legios battroid/tread fighter link up looks decent but the by far the weakest point is that legioss/tread fighter link.... like JS said... that pic has a LOT of weird things to it... didn't even notice the tail fins sticking out and the legs spread open like that...

that's my favorite mode of this combo fighter and if it looks that bad... there's a chance i won't bite on these... but dayam that Tread battroid looks good....

It bothers me a lot... At the price point I'm expecting at least Yamato type lineart accuracy... which isn't accurate but they only sacrifice a couple of things to get it aesthetically close.

I know this is a model but I just want to show how far off it is.

TOY-RBT-0137_03.jpgdsc00750redimensionarfo0.jpg

Using cool8or's model build from here. http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=23623

look how splayed the legs are when connected to the tlead too... nevermind how much higher the tlead is, and how close together the arms are in fighter. If this was produced in the 80s and the pricepoint was what it's fetching on ebay now, I might consider it. But for a brand new toy I would expect more.

The type of personal dissatisfaction I have with this toy is why I skipped the earlier 1/60s VF-1s and the 1/72 Macross Plus toy... and why I was going to skip the 1/100 VF-0. And at the end better ones came out...

Why oh why did I buy the 1/60 GBP Hikaru!!! Dammit!

TOY-RBT-0137_03.jpg

Hahaha! No, seriously, you've got to be kidding me.

For more laughs, check out the gunpod placement in fighter mode. Seriously, this thing is garbage. Here's a list of the flaws:

Legioss:

* Bizarrely long nosecone

* Tiny chest intakes

* Arms too fat and close together in fighter mode

* Gunpod placement way off in fighter mode

* Big gap at the shoulders in fighter mode

* Shoulders not sloped enough

Tread:

* Connecting boom looks horrendous without the Legioss hiding it

Legioss+Tread linked

* Legioss' vertical stabilizers can't even retract all the way

* Legioss' has to spread it's legs to connect

* Tread's rear landing gear can't retract or even be removed

* The two fighters don't even connect in the right place.

Edited by danth

I hope CM's adds more detail and a better paint job as it does look a little on the cheap side. Sure its not proportionally correct to the line art, but if CM's could make this thing sturdy and have some nice gimmicks I'm willing to pay for it. However I'd wait for some reviews on it because if its problematic like a certain Whorenami you could kiss my money goodbye CMs. My main concern is the price. I know CM is a small company, but if this thing was say $150-$170 I might be more turned on by this product. So its time to play the waiting game and see if this finally the toy even all been waiting for.

Wow, after seeing all the recent Alpha-Beta link-up pics, I agree that the Beta is way too high up compared to the Alpha.

Shame.

:huh:

Although, my guess is that they had to do it that way to support the Alpha (in battloid mode) link-up with the Beta. I'm guessing they had to account for Alpha's 'backpack cockpit clutter' to fit in-between the 2 main Beta missle nacelles.

It'd be nice if we could see a profile pic of the fighter-fighter link-up.

Despite all this, I'm still getting the Beta though ... just need to save the cash.

Edited by Vermillion21

Alrighty, still getting over a hangover right now, but here's my impressions of the latest pics. (Thank you for the link, Black Valkyrie!!)

The Tread by itself still looks good. Though I'm hoping those overhead missile launchers fold down more when in bomber mode. If that's the furthest they fold down in these pics, then that's just shameful.

Regarding the linkup, !@#$*$%^*&*(#$%, mother of frak!!!! :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Wasn't I railing about this since last March or April?!!! It's not so much that the Tread is too high up. It's that the Legioss is sitting too low.

Why can't they force the Legioss to sit higher up? It'd make the combo a helluva lot better looking, and it'd allow the Legioss' feet not to be splayed out so much. ARGHH!!!!!!!! Tons of lineart, pics, and models depicting the thing, and never, NEVER do they show the combo looking so "split-level" like this. MAKE THE COMBO FLUSH, CM's!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for the Legioss, the less said, the better.

Between CM's apparent stubbornness about its sculpt inaccuracies and Toynami's "we don't have the balls to produce and release our Beta" attitude, it's just a bad time to be a Tread-head. :(

So...does anyone else here think that this will be a good toy, or am I the only one?

You’re not alone on that thought. The Tread looks great and the Legios painted up goes up many points.

This for me was never about the link up but about them looking great on their own (which, IMO, they do).

I might even panel line them to bring out all the nice detail the sculpts have.

The price could be lower seeing as the 29400 vs 21180 yen prices appears in other pages. It’s still under 200€ so if fits my budget.

Regarding the connecting beam and landing gear, there's an easy solution. If they're going with removeable parts, they might as well have one nice-looking but non-functional connecting beam for the Tread by itself, another ugly but functional (fugly?) connecting beam for the link up, and detachable landing gear for either beam. That way you can still have the Tread displayed on the runway by itself without those hideous snaps sticking up, and you could have the connected Legioss & Tread in the air without landing gear hanging out.

It looks like this job was just too tough for CM. Or the projected production run is too small to spend the money on first-rate toy designers.

Regarding the connecting beam and landing gear, there's an easy solution. If they're going with removeable parts, they might as well have one nice-looking but non-functional connecting beam for the Tread by itself, another ugly but functional (fugly?) connecting beam for the link up, and detachable landing gear for either beam. That way you can still have the Tread displayed on the runway by itself without those hideous snaps sticking up, and you could have the connected Legioss & Tread in the air without landing gear hanging out.

It looks like this job was just too tough for CM. Or the projected production run is too small to spend the money on first-rate toy designers.

You might be right about this job being tough for CM or any company for that matter. CM's Patlabor figures are top notch and pretty close to the anime, but their transforming figures such as Godraijn-oh and their DX line really has poor engineering. CM's Gaogaigar figures are pretty cool, but still a lot of room for improvement. Once again my only hope now for this set is for CMs to make it LIKE A ROCK!!

I hope CM's adds more detail and a better paint job as it does look a little on the cheap side.

Something about the white plastic in particular on both of these figures strikes me as cheap looking. I'm not as wow'd as I was hoping to be. The link ups are weak, and in the case of the bot mode Legioss in front of the jet mode Tread, nonexistent. I still think the Toynami looks better in bot mode, but since the hands crumble, the arms fall under their own weight, the legs don't allow for anything dynamic, and other various multiple QC monkey hijinks, that doesn't mean much.

Still interested, but I'm definitely not going to be a first adopter on this. I need to see pictures of this in people's collections along side other figures and read some reviews first.

So...does anyone else here think that this will be a good toy, or am I the only one?

I never even liked the Legioss and Tread combined in the show. I like them on their own ^_^

Battroid mode is so awesome that I believe they'll stay that way.

I don't care one whit for the linkup, and given that I already have a more accurate looking Alpha/Legioss this thing is going to have to sell me on the Beta/Tread alone.

On that count, it fails. The battloid looks alright, but the fighter is pants. I still can't understand why they made the cockpit section droopy, and so small. If it's going to be removable...which it just looks like it might...why not have it look accurate?

Of course, it has problems all over, but that's the one my eyes are drawn to everytime.

As decent as most of the sculpt for the Legioss and Tread are, this has "meh, who cares about accuracy and engineering" written all over it. How is it that the fins don't even fold completely into the arms, the link between Legioss and Tread doesn't resemble anything in line art or the anime other than one's behind the other, and that someone thought putting the Legioss's engine nacells together in fighter mode and having its legs forcefully splayed out when linked up was a good idea? The nacells don't even go into the Tread's slots for them, which are actually inaccurate and too closely spaced together, but *would* have worked in a link because the Legioss's nacells are too close together as well. I mean, if you're going to make such a drastic error in accuracy, at least take advantage of it and make it look purposeful. Instead, I see a bunch of mistakes and no attempt to get them to work together for some semblance of sanity. It sort of screams all kinds of laziness and lack of concern. Especially in a *$300* dollar toy that's going to be rather small. For 60 bucks this might have been a fun toy.

Man I hope we can see this thing with all of its micro missile hatches open.

TO: eriku

Yes this is MW and were all a bunch of critical beastards, but could you really blame us? I think the bi%ching would be a lot less if this thing was 1/2 of its price as it does look a little underwhelming for the photos you give people to sell the product. Granted these 2 are transforming toys with a lot of anime magic to it, but for $257 plus shipping one would kind of expect a little more bang for their buck. Maybe its all of the Yamato valks that has us so consumed by accuracy? Like you I'll be one of the first guys purchasing this thing and doing a review for it. In addition after the whole Toynami/ Aoshima incident all of our expectations were set pretty high to blow us away. This could be the most satisfying legioss / tread toy in years for those who want it should take a crack it and those who think it blows could pass.

When someone asks for $250, they had better make it look at least as good as this :

[image of the decent looking Toynami Alpha]

Otherwise, they can kiss my ass.

-Kyp

Haha, nicely put.

There's a term I've heard before on the internet that sums up this Legioss/Tread toy pretty well:

EPIC FAIL.

When someone asks for $250, they had better make it look at least as good as this :

Otherwise, they can kiss my ass.

-Kyp

Well, liking the CM design or not aside, for that QC ridden Alpha alone they asked 100$ a few years ago. Considering inflation and oil prices now, Toynami could ask for their wonderful product if it was first released today, what, 115-120$?

That's just one Alpha. Two would cost 240$, almost the retail price of the CM combo (and two Alphas have a lot less mass than an Alpha and a Beta).

Now the Beta was rumoured to go as much as 200$ by itself. That together with an Alpha at today’s price of ~60$ would put the Toynami version at the same price as the CM combo (and the CM comes with extras like the tiny mospeada with rider... not to mention a far greater history of quality products).

Yep, both versions are/would be expensive but this time at least we are getting a product from a company that builds solid toys and that is added value in my opinion.

Now people could wait and see if the price drops. The Toynami stuff has gone way down since it was released… unless you are talking about the Scott version which I’ve seen going for over $200 (don’t know if the Aoshima has affected their value).