CM's Corporation Legioss/TREAD.

Roger

I think the tailfin folds down first and then slips in to the shoulder part when upper and lower arm are pushed together.

this when the alpha links up with the Beta.

I tend to disagree. I mean they're asking for a good chunk of the tailfin to fit into that shoulder section (See here.)

And even if it did work that way, wouldn't you think that CM's would have taken the time to transform it properly on all those promo pics we've seen recently and in the past?

Either they should kill the guy who's posing these things for the advertisements and promotions, or that's just the way the toy transforms. :(

Yo SaveRobotech did you notice if the Legioss and Tread's hands were hard plastic or a kind of hard rubbery type of hands? Because that was one of things that ruined the old Toynami and Aoshima ones.

First thing I checked after my Aoshima fiasco. CM's has grey plastic molded hands, my guess they are not rubbery just solid plastic.

Other things all three versions have tempo (what ever they are called) decals, what you see in the pictures are not applied stickers. I'm sure they will come with sticker sheets, but none of the box contents other than the toys were on display.

Landing gear is all metal and keeps the Legioss off the ground with plenty of space between the chest and surface.

The Tread landing gear / link up to the Legioss is also made of metal.

Best thing about this set is that it is in fact a toy! Other wise it wouldn't be getting sold at ToysRus, the Aoshima Legioss were only sold in Hobby shops and not in ToysRus in Japan. It's not a Toynami MPC collectors piece, which after the fact is now stated to be for the collector market and not a toy. Yeah the cost is a bit high but CM's is not Bandai or Takara. If you love Mospeada I suggest you support the only legs it has, if not it's just going to die and go away. I'm not getting all three but I for sure will get the green set.

Edited by SaveRobotech

First thing I checked after my Aoshima fiasco. CM's has grey plastic molded hands, my guess they are not rubbery just solid plastic.

Other things all three versions have tempo (what ever they are called) decals, what you see in the pictures are not applied stickers. I'm sure they will come with sticker sheets, but none of the box contents other than the toys were on display.

Landing gear is all metal and keeps the Legioss off the ground with plenty of space between the chest and surface.

Best thing about this set is that it is in fact a toy! Other wise it wouldn't be getting sold at ToysRus, the Aoshima Legioss were only sold in Hobby shops and not in ToysRus in Japan. It's not a Toynami MPC collectors piece, which after the fact is now stated to be for the collector market and not a toy. Yeah the cost is a bit high but CM's is not Bandai or Takara. If you love Mospeada I suggest you support the only legs it has, if not it's just going to die and go away. I'm not getting all three but I for sure will get the green set.

Cool thanks for the response! Excellent 1 point for CM 0 for Toynami!

I'm SO happy to hear this thing will be the TOY that it looks like. Thanks for all the info SaveRobotech. I'll definitely have to get one.

I wonder how long before HLJ gets these up for Early Bird?

Edited by eriku

Do toys at TRU in Japan normally cost $250+??? I still think these are just way too expensive for the size and flaws.

Edited by protostar8

Dude those Patlabors look sweet. The AV-0 is coming?!?!? Oh yeah, the legioss and Tread aint bad at all. Intakes look really small but isnt the nose a little long? Anybody knows the real price point? Thanks.

I don't know I kind of like the longer noses. :ph34r:

Waiting for Shadow Versions, if they ever make it. The colors right now look too toyesh. Will also need to see articulation and such. Price seems too much.

The things i do like:

- long nose (yes, i like the nose of this over the toynomy)

- plane mode looks much better than those Crapnomy

- i like the yellow window on the blue version

- Thread

Things i dont like:

- hands, looks toyesh

- Paint looks toyesh

- Taiflings dont close completely when attached to Thread

- Thread Feet articulation

- Price is rediculous - will buy a yf-21 at a cheaper price!!! Price should be 150-200$ MAX. Unfortunately, until i get rich so that i can buy all the toys i want, and that there will be some serious improvements (specially the paint), this is a no no. Too bad though, i really like this in fighter mode. Would like price of seperate units (the alpha and beta sold seperately).

Do toys at TRU in Japan normally cost $250+??? I still think these are just way too expensive for the size and flaws.

Funny you should ask, 44999ï¿¥ this little piano.

Or how about this over sized Masked Rider figure for 79799ï¿¥.

ToysRus is the most expensive toy store in most of Japan, until items go on clearance and by then all the boxes are trashed.

I might get one. See I skipped the toynami alphas and feel a bit guilty for not buying anything mospeada yet.

Durability though: will these things fall apart?

I'm the guy who bought the horrible cheap banpresto valk toys and like them, :D but for the cost these are, not being able to stay together would be the straw that broke the camels back.

If only we could just get a toy that has the detail of the toynami (minus the clown feet) combined with the durability of other company's toys. :( Maybe they'll do a yamato and reboot the legioss the way yamato did the vf-1 with it's new 1/60 vf-1 line? (scrap the old legios and design a alpha + beta two set that fixes all the probs of the first releases)

Remember how they said: buy an alpha to get a beta? Well you bought the alpha but where's the beta? Now CMs is doing it too: buy this or no mospeada toys will ever be made again meaning you will have to wait 20 more years and you'd be dead by then.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

The new pictures look much better-- and apparently the Legioss can actually be transformed correctly with arms apart. Still not sold on this, and the linkup is all kinds of wrong. I think the whole problem stems from them building the Tread too small in proportion to the Legioss. The Legioss chest intakes are just horrendous. Not only are they too small, they're just flat out misplaced and ugly.

So the arms don't have to be so close together? A pic would be great if it exists.

This is a pic MattAlt posted at ToyBoxDX over the weekend. It not only shows the arms positioned further apart, but also how the gunpod can be stowed there.

post-430-1199717089_thumb.jpg

if the blue one ends up being sold stateside with a stateside price(no import markup), i might break down and buy one.....but certainly not for $250+. it doesn't look like it comes with much of anything other than a gunpod and doesn't look like it has any real features for their asking price. time will tell but i can't see me buying this unless its under $200 if even that.

SRP: 29400 yen = $270

Blue Legioss set will be the only one sold retail everywhere.

Green Legioss set CM's site exclusive only.

Red Legioss set Japan ToyRus exclusive only.

Just a few questions...

(1) What is the official release date for these? Are all these colors coming out at the same time?

(2) Do either CM or Toys-R-Us Japan ship to the USA?

(3) Could someone post a link to CM's site? Is this it:

http://www.amiami.com/shop/ProductInfo/product_id/89435

And it looks like there are two ways to mount the gun. Look at the lower right of this pic:

TOY-RBT-0137.jpg

Not the same as eriku's attachment above.

Carl

Edited by wwwmwww

if the blue one ends up being sold stateside with a stateside price(no import markup), i might break down and buy one.....but certainly not for $250+. it doesn't look like it comes with much of anything other than a gunpod and doesn't look like it has any real features for their asking price. time will tell but i can't see me buying this unless its under $200 if even that.

I *THINK* it comes with the mini ride armor and sword also. Yes, a sword.

I *THINK* it comes with the mini ride armor and sword also. Yes, a sword.

i saw the mini ride armor in the pic but i don't think that counts seeing as i've had pimples that do more(at least it shoots) than that thing. :D and WTF, a sword? i guess i missed all those dope sword fighting scenes in mospeada. :lol:

The sword is related to the dream sequence that Rey has in an episode when he imagines all the fighters as dungeons and dragons style warriors. The Legiosses and Tread all have bigass swords.

Since it's coming with the sword and since there are no new Inbit toys to fight, I think I'll pose my Legioss with some Kaiju in a tribute to that episode. :D

The sword is related to the dream sequence that Rey has in an episode when he imagines all the fighters as dungeons and dragons style warriors. The Legiosses and Tread all have bigass swords.

i haven't watched watched mospeada in forever, i tried to watch a subbed version a year or 2 ago but couldn't take it. reading subtitles puts me in a coma but only cartoon subs. i can watch foreign movies or whatever without a problem but if i'm trying to watch a cartoon and read, i'm going to bed.

Depending on my finances and the release date I might get the blue one. I'm sure this is not the last Legioss/TREAD combo we'll be seeing, so I'm not selling out the house to get these. When will some other company be making a better set? I guess that depends on how well this one sells, but I say let's go easy on these.

Edit: Speling

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

I wonder if Tatsunoko demands a lot for their Inbit license or if it's just not worth it no matter what the cost to modern toy makers. I would love to see some of the Inbit as toys. The final battroid command unit would make for a great toy to oppose these baddies. I also like the mini ride armors, I wish we'd see more of them.

Honestly, for the prices, the Toynami MPC is the best Legioss out there (at this moment). The big Gakken is really cool and really large but they run above $100 and you can get two Toynamis for that price. The Toynami is also better articulated with a better paint job but the trade off is it's more fragile and more prone to QC issues. The good news is Toynami is pretty good at replacing defective product... an option you wouldn't have with Gakken or CMs (in the US at least). The Aoshima may be better than the Toynami but I can't comment on it yet. Smaller Gakkens aren't in the same game as the 1/35 or the Toynami.

I wonder if Tatsunoko demands a lot for their Inbit license or if it's just not worth it no matter what the cost to modern toy makers. I would love to see some of the Inbit as toys.

Didn't someone here post an advertisement for custom inbit toys not that long back?

The linkup I don't care about...

I like the Alpha, I can handle its knees being near the wingtips in fighter mode and the small intakes...

I still have problems with the Beta (most notably being the droopy cockpit I mention everytime I post in this topic), but I suppose I can live with it to...

...for a reasonable price.

If this set cost $100 I'd be all over it. $150 would be reasonable.

$250-$300?! That's crazy talk.

Crazy talk I say.

I know I've been one of the more vocal idiots here about wanting a Tread/Beta.

But I can't support this product at this price.

When you factor the additional shipping this dumb Yank will get charged, it's just too high a price for a product I'm not completely sold on.

I'm sorry but the look of the fighter linkup is very important to me, and I'm not willing to pay this premium charge for something that was never properly corrected. CM's originally planned to release this back in the summer. And we mentioned the problems with the Legioss/Tread connection fairly early. The fact that this was never fully fixed bugs me. I'll grant you that they fixed the Legioss arm/booster situation (sorta). But the tailfins sticking out (in combo mode) and the inaccurate fighter-combo look are just frustrating.

CM's may refer to this as a "toy." But again, at that asking price, I personally consider it a high-end collectible. I have certain expectations for something at that price range. And unfortunately, I feel that CM's hasn't met those expectations. If it was at least US$50 cheaper, I'd probably come back to the bargaining table.

And I think it's somewhat presumptuous to think that if we don't support this line, we won't get any more Mospeada products. At least 3 or 4 companies are already planning to release ride armors/cyclones. And even though I initially didn't agree with it, jenius might be on to something about the advantages of upping the Legioss/Tread to a 1/35 scale.

Unfortunately, this is a niche market. And about the only way I can show my disappointment with this product (and especially its asking price) is by not buying it. I shudder to think what sort of impression I'd give the toy companies if I just accepted this price.

Believe me, I wish it didn't come to this point. And it scares the hell out of me that Toynami is my only other potential option at this point for a Tread/Beta (though I do prefer their Beta's asthetics a bit more). But them's the breaks. :(

Just my 2 cents.

Agreed. They can call it a "toy" all they want, but for that price, I'd have to be Bill Gates to let a kid play with it.

I'd rather have a 'collectible' that maybe I had to be a little careful with that looked like the line-art for that price.