CM's Corporation Legioss/TREAD.

Roger

More fun overall than the 1/60 Yamato YF-21? :blink: Well, if you like it, I'm happy for you.

-Kyp

Infinitely more fun. More interesting design, more play options, most likely more solidly constructed. Representative of a better anime series (I love M+ but it doesn't compare to Mospeada). This just may be my 2008 TOTY. ^_^

Infinitely more fun. More interesting design, more play options, most likely more solidly constructed. Representative of a better anime series (I love M+ but it doesn't compare to Mospeada). This just may be my 2008 TOTY. ^_^

And to that I add the fact I get two completely different robots, updated non boxy designs and a childhood dream finally come true. ^_^

Hopefully CM's final product comes with a fully painted cockpit and pilot that would improve the look of the fighter for me at least. In addition I'm glad another version of this toy is being produced may not be anime accurate, but heck its very reminiscent of the old Gakken toys with the paint job and structure. I pray at least 80% of the joints are ratcheting joints! 2008 really is going to be an expensive year. I for see myself eating a cup of ramen with one hand and sipping a cold beer in the other. B))

That's what's so frustrating about this whole Tread/Beta situation: I wanted CM's to come out with a kick-ass product. But they just seem so damn unwilling to make any kind of changes or improvements to the sculpts.

Remember, these things were originally supposed to come out last summer. With all this extra time, what have they done to improve the sculpt, design, or look of these items?

Didn't they make some changes in the black prototype SaveRobotech showed us a while ago? I distinctly remember bigger intake/chest holes. These look small like the original prototype from a year back. Did they go back on the changes, or were they still this small after the improvement?

Hiriyu: wow, "pointless liberties". That's the perfect term for it.

Edited by Sundown

Didn't they make some changes in the black prototype SaveRobotech showed us a while ago? I distinctly remember bigger intake/chest holes. These look small like the original prototype from a year back. Did they go back on the changes, or were they still this small after the improvement?

Hiriyu: wow, "pointless liberties". That's the perfect term for it.

I just looked back at the two sets of pics from the hobby mag scans (the old grey prototypes and the somewhat recent black prototypes). And unfortunately, it doesn't look like the intake/chest holes were made any bigger. :( I think the black color of the prototype kinda obscures a lot of the details.

As I said, you can tell they tweaked the connecting boom every so slightly. And I'm pretty sure the fully opening Tread cockpit was only recently revealed.

But a lot of the big issues we've been mentioning are still in the prototypes.

What's weird is that in some pics it looks like the tailfins go completely into the Legioss arms. But in others it's partially exposed. Probably a mistransformation, but still leaves me a bit worried.

Didn't they make some changes in the black prototype SaveRobotech showed us a while ago? I distinctly remember bigger intake/chest holes.

No, in those black prototype pics, one intake hole looked bigger, but it was just a shadow.

God damn stupid CM. I wanted a Legioss & Tread so bad. I always bitch about Yamato, but I bet they could do a better job.

Man, this does not bode well for Mospeada fans. If this toy tanks, I doubt other toy companies would be willing to take the risk of making a Legioss/Tread combo in the future. Hopefully, CM's will realize this current version is not very good, and totally redesign it like Yamato did with the VF-0S.

... Kind of like designing a Ferrari and then building it out of balsa wood, earwax and thumb tacks. ...

Ferrari actually do that... it's called FIAT. :lol:

I like the design of the Legioss, but why are those forward wings (or whatever you call them) on these

newer releases always curved? I find it sort of spoils the sleekness the fighter or is it a compromise

for the transformation.

Ferrari actually do that... it's called FIAT. :lol:

Hey, I like the Fiat! It's Lupin's ride! Or at least the 5000 from the 1960's. I'm sure the new ones don't look half as classy. :)

Regarding the tailfins that may or may not go all the way into the arms. IF they don't, just paint them silver and pretend they're retractable arm blades. Non-anime-accuracy for the win!! :lol:

Edited by eriku

This is too bad. I was really looking forward to this and with the link up issues I don't know if I'll buy it. I really hope they fix it. I can live with minor discrepancies, but such glaring errors make me unlikely to get it at any price.

Same here, I thought they'd do a great job but I can't even begin to defend that linkup picture.

I think I'll keep my money and just get lots of fun, durable transformers instead.

I'm still hoping most issues will be resolved before the finished product gets here.

i will be getting one though, i have been waiting for a tread since i was 11 years old.

(a looooong time ago )

I feel exactly the same way. I've got lots of worries at current but it's a given I'm going to buy this thing and review it ASAP (just like the new ride armor toys being produced). I've been a huge Mospeada forever. I'm having new worries about the knees... the wonky shape has me really afraid about articulation. I wish someone would just make a 1/35 Legioss again.

Honestly, I've waited since I was a kid for a Beta Fighter toy, but I can't spend that much money on toy. For goodness sake, that same money could buy 4 Xbox 360 games and a controller (or my books for next semester). I'm hoping one of those KO makers in Asia gets hold of these to make cheaper KO versions b/c $250 is nuts. There are just too many FLAWS to warrant that kind of price (really low connection, missile pod sits funny in fighter mode, arms of legioss sit together, fairly small scale). Sorry CM, but another pricetag FTL!!!

The price strikes me as odd mostly because ToysLogic is a fairly reputable store who's prices aren't really that different from other stores. This tells me that either they were given the wrong information, or that this set really will be around the $300 mark.

I'd bite if the Legioss and the link-up was at all anime accurate. I could even forgive the long nosecone and rounded edges at that price. But as it is now I don't want it at any price.

It just occured to me, looking at the Tread...what were they thinking? There's no way the Legioss' arm thrusters would have ever fit into the recesses in the Tread's chest. Was the link-up a total afterthought? I guess so, since the Legioss' vertical stabs don't even fold in all the way.

I really hope that price is inaccurate, because that's just unreasonable.

Even if everything were perfect on this, that price would seriously give me some pauses.

And with the issues I've already seen, there's no way in HELL I paid that much. :angry: I love me some Tread (and this Tread still looks good), but I absolutely refuse to pay that much for this combo.

Geeze, do I have to add the phrase "reasonably priced" somewhere in my signature now?!

.....And lead us not back to Toynami

(lest Toynami improves their quality).

For thine (and mine) collections are empty

without the power and the glory of the Tread...................Amen. -_-

Are you joking? $329? Um, no way I will buy it. As much as I love to have a link up, that is the straw that broke the camel's back. I have too much stuff I am buying and this will not be cheap. Now if they make the fixes meaning shift the alpha up and have the feet not dangling from the legioss, I may get it. Also the back of the head of the Legioss seems to be dangling too. The fighter mode doesnt look too bad though.

As for the toynamis, I love them in fighter mode but the chest is way too thick ot the landing gear is not high enough. Dont get me wrong but I like the fighter mode of the toynami alpha but the battroid mode needs help. Looks like he got over grown feet. If the CMs is a proto, I hope they make fixes. If not, it will be a bad time to be mospeada fan. :(

For now, I am gonna have to have faith since CMs did a good job on the Patlabors. Crossing my fingers on this.

$300??? Frak. It's way too expensive for its inconsistencies ... the shame of it is, if this thing "bombs" sales-wise, then I doubt that the Crapnami, er, Toynami version will ever see production. Because every toy company will think that the general public isn't interested in buying a Beta fighter. Sigh.

:mellow:

Edited by Vermillion21

$300??? Frak. It's way too expensive for its inconsistencies ... the shame of it is, if this thing "bombs" sales-wise, then I doubt that the Crapnami, er, Toynami version will ever see production. Because every toy company will think that the general public isn't interested in buying a Beta fighter. Sigh.

Not that I place any faith in what Toynami tells magazines or the public at large, but the Toynami Beta is supposedly the next MPC due out which SHOULD mean that it's already in production and so this CMs thing shouldn't be able to kill it.