CM's Corporation Legioss/TREAD.

Roger

Sad to see that the design hasn't improved at all since the grey prototype. Same mosquito nose, tiny chest intakes, too-close-together arms, long-ass feet, incorrect leg transformation, and all-wrong Tread connection.

Also, the ride armor looks pretty cheap in that close-up.

Edited by danth

Looks pretty good to me! ANYTHING is better than owning a Toycrappy version.... Now if they revised the Legioss's and improved QC that would be different but there's no way in hell that will ever happen.

Black looks good for both the Tread and Legioss. Sexy. But i want a red duo!

Thanks for all the pics!

The Tread... with all the missile bays open... is the definition of AWESOME. I want now!!

The Legios does loose a bit in fighter mode (guess the close together arms is a necessity for the Tread link up) but soldier more than makes up for it in my book.

Can't wait to see them painted. I'm sure that when colour brings out all the panel lines and rivets SaveRobotech talked about they will look even better.

Wonder if all the mini figures will come in one colour or if they'll represent the whole gang... there are four of each after all (solo, armoured and riding the cyclone) + plus the pilots.

One change I'm glad to see is that they made the connecting boom a little thicker. They shortened the thinner piece that connects to the Legioss' chest and expanded that thicker boom piece that connects to the body of the Tread.

Still want to see a side profile shot of the combo though. <_<

Soldier mode for both still looks intimidatingly good, of course.

Sad to see that the design hasn't improved at all since the grey prototype. Same mosquito nose, tiny chest intakes, too-close-together arms, long-ass feet, incorrect leg transformation, and all-wrong Tread connection.

Also, the ride armor looks pretty cheap in that close-up.

i suppose toynami has the best design, closet to anime but worst QC..

The linkup pics still aren't showing the actual linkup of the toy as far as I can see.

The arms are too close together in Armo Fighter, because the whole Legioss AND Tread are too "thin" in the center, compared to Toynami's sculpt: Chest, crotch and head should be wider in both toys. As it stands now, the arms must be in that position so they can link with the Tread.

The Tread... with all the missile bays open... is the definition of AWESOME. I want now!!

Wonder if all the mini figures will come in one colour or if they'll represent the whole gang... there are four of each after all (solo, armoured and riding the cyclone) + plus the pilots.

Missile bay gimmick on tread is just great. I would like to see missiles on Legioss as toynami missile bays are total mess.

Mini gang will be painted in different colors.

I didn't know those are in 1/48 scale... Man this thing would be huge... :ph34r:

Edited by konimon

A 1/48 Tread stands about the same height as a 1/55 valk. I wouldn't go so far as to call it "huge". The 1/48 Legioss is the same height as the Toynami MPC Alpha so the CMs Tread should stand the same height as the Toynami Beta.

Proportions aside, if this turns out to be a quality toy that can be played with and isn't plagued by terrible paint and leprosy, I'll be happy and will be able to overlook any inaccuracies, just like I can overlook the slew of technical proportion problems on the Chunky Monkey.

A 1/48 Tread stands about the same height as a 1/55 valk. I wouldn't go so far as to call it "huge". The 1/48 Legioss is the same height as the Toynami MPC Alpha so the CMs Tread should stand the same height as the Toynami Beta.

Actually, it might be shorter, I saw this post by Roger@toyboxdx:

And if the TLEAD is 17 cm tall, as Yaco seems to be reporting, the scale of the fighter combo is around 1/72, unless my math is wrong.

1/72 is significantly smaller than 1/48.

And yes, the Legioss is roughly the same size as the Toynami version.

Graham

I know we've gone over this issue ad naseum with the Toynami Alpha MPC's scale (1/55, 1/48, or somewhere in-between?).

But considering this old quote from Graham, I seriously doubt this CM's set will be 1/72 scale.

And based on SaveRobotech's old YouTube video of the original CM's Tread prototype, I also doubt the Tread will just be 17 cm tall. I could see the Legioss being 17 cm tall, but the Tread's just too much of a big boy for that sort of height.

Call it an educated guess on my part, but the set will probably be that 1/52.335353552358979823 scale :p that the Alpha MPC's are.

finely some news :)

I am so buying the legioss, thread and cyclone.

After being burned by toynami i hope these are better.

the thumb of the red alpha fell off straight out of the box :( i'll be selling my red, green and shadow alpha real soon if these come out.

Any idea when they will hit the stores?

Honestly I'm going to pass on these. The Legioss looks off :(

Prolly the best sculpt I've ever seen for Legioss was the dead John Moscato Legioss project, though that one had a lil fat nose that compromised for soldier mode. If it had a slightly longer nose it'd be unbeaten imho.

However, I AM going to pick up one of the ride armors. Then I'll fill in all the gaps with putty, smooth it out and repaint it to look less toy-like :p

Edited by Duymon

Looking at the pictures the arms are too close together on top of the fighter to accommodate the Tread. Plus looks like the arms rotate down also.

Even if the size/scale is the same as the MPC Alpha don't think the CM Tread will link up in fighter.

I will still get one for the Soldier Legioss with Tread version to go with the Stick Ride Armor.

The old Gakken Legioss and Ride Armor can say hello to storage.

You know, I'm the first to nitpick transforming toys, but the Legioss/Tread must be a nightmare toy to make. A transforming toy that relies on anime magic to work must be a biznitch to design in the first place. Incorporating stuff like landing gear and heatshields just makes it that much more of a huge pain. But the Legioss/Tread linkup must take the cake. I've tried to work it out on paper, and it's impossible.

There's no room in the Tread's groin section to hold the full length of the connection boom. Cramming its big-assed landing gear into the thighs and connection boom just adds to the problem. And then there's the fact that the Legioss' legs make it impossible to really hook up to the Tread unless you can make them super short in fighter mode. And to top it off, there's no way the Legioss could transform while linked up unless it's noseone becomes ethereal and magically passes through the Tread's chest and connecting boom.

I suppose it might be theoretically possible to make it work somehow, but I can't think of a harder toy to make without resorting to parts swapping.

2006 was a more expensive collecting year for me than 2005, and 2007 was a couple of orders of magnitude more wealth draining than 2006. Now 2008 is looking like it will be even more wallet depleting than even 2007 turned out to be. Oh boy, poor house here I come... I can hardly wait :wacko::lol:

Edited by mechaninac

Posting this here because I couldn't find the thread for the Toynami/Aoshima Tread.....according to Matt over at ToyBoxDX:

"YacoLog spoke to Aoshima and was told that due to fallout from the recent quality-control problems they had with their Shin Seiki Gokin Legioss toys, they have cancelled development of the Tread "Beta" Fighter designed to dock with them. Looks like CM's is now the only game in town."

I can't say I'm disappointed as I had zero hopes/expectations for the Toynami/Aoshima Tread.

Posting this here because I couldn't find the thread for the Toynami/Aoshima Tread.....according to Matt over at ToyBoxDX:

"YacoLog spoke to Aoshima and was told that due to fallout from the recent quality-control problems they had with their Shin Seiki Gokin Legioss toys, they have cancelled development of the Tread "Beta" Fighter designed to dock with them. Looks like CM's is now the only game in town."

I can't say I'm disappointed as I had zero hopes/expectations for the Toynami/Aoshima Tread.

i think Aoshima has really decided that it's not the way to get toynami to manufacture and resell under their name.

Toynami has really some big issues... and i think it has spoil Aoshima's reputation .. well let's wait for CM corp's legioss and tlead =)

I believe it will be worth waiting for like the mospeada cyclone.

personally i feel japanese stuff has better QC and less prone to problems.

Edited by eyesonme78

i think Aoshima has really decided that it's not the way to get toynami to manufacture and resell under their name.

Toynami has really some big issues... and i think it has spoil Aoshima's reputation .. well let's wait for CM corp's legioss and tlead =)

I believe it will be worth waiting for like the mospeada cyclone.

personally i feel japanese stuff has better QC and less prone to problems.

Yeah, I feel bad for Aoshima but I guess it's a lesson learned. Stay in-house, or at least don't hitch your wagon to Toynami's star, or I suppose black hole is a more appropriate term. I'm sure Aoshima's reputation will remain intact, their good product far outweighs this one debacle. Toynami on the other hand, I'm really not sure how they manage to keep chugging along.

Thanks for the post, eriku.

Part of me isn't surprised by this news.

But part of me wishes Toynami would still just say "screw it", grow some freakin' balls, and just release their damn Beta already.

Oh well, just means more money to CM's.

Well, at least of the two purely Tread/Beta toys I kinda preferred the CMs version. Too bad I don't like that Legioss but I guess I'll live with it. I suspect there will be much anger for RT fans when Toynami once again ditches the Beta. Man, it's almost hard to believe that any company can mess up as bad as Toynami does and stay afloat.

What did aoshima expect would happen? The toynami legioss was such a mess to begin with, did they really expect they would get a high quality product out of it just because toynami slapped the aoshima name on the box?

QFT. A few extras thrown in the box with their name stamped on it doesn't fix a broken design...