CM's Corporation Legioss/TREAD.

Roger

well i think it's good news that HLJ carries it, at least it seems cheap then some of the online shop you guys mentioned.

well hmm.. ok, if you really compare the mode in battleroid mode, i think it looks kinda cool.. more slimer then toynami/aoshima's version although the legs are hollow. and it seems like a toy.. i have a feeling this is the thing that we will be getting most prob..

I have attached some pics for comparisom

But i think for modeller's point of view toynami is a very good piece of work for display.. but for toy collector, CM corp be a gd choice in quality though it's appearance lose to toynami.

2170890465_e86b82b1b1_b_d.jpg

post-1278-1200885477_thumb.jpg

Edited by eyesonme78

I've never denied that there are good ones out there. The reason I gambled with Toynami's Alphas and Aoshima's Legioss in the first place is based solely on my belief that there ARE good ones. I desperately wanted to be one of those lucky lottery winners. I base my current opinion on Toynami and their Alpha/Legioss first on my own personal experience with two lousy toys (and my definition of lousy isn't relative, these things were garbage), what I've read here, TFW2005, ToyboxDX, Robot-Japan and even Robotech.com. The reviews and opinions I've read are very much on the side of "crappy toy", and for good reasons, not "TOYNAMI IS THE SUXORZ!!" people, I don't count those.

While I still think there's a huge anti-Toynami bias here on Macrossworld, you guys have convinced me that there might be more truth to the Toynami Alpha bashing then I realized. I'm typically not a very lucky person, so I'm amazed that all my Alphas are fine if only 50% of them are any good.

Maybe it's like the Xbox 360 Red Ring of Death. I read about it online all the time, but nobody I know in real life has had the problem.

But Eriku, I'm glad to hear you've gotten opinions from a variety of sites and realize not all the Alphas are bad. Also, I hope nobody thinks I'm defending Toynami's QC. Like I said before, it's bad, but I still everything with a grain of salt (especially negative views of Toynami toys on this forum).

Edited by danth

Well.. each has their own strong points i think.

True, everyone is complaining abt the QC problems, but i think to each of his own.

And also i think toynami's design is very attractive, but i personally suffer a broken hand and broken wings from the toynami's MPC.

But as much as i dun like the QC, i think i like the MPC quite alot. =)

While I still think there's a huge anti-Toynami bias here on Macrossworld, you guys have convinced me that there might be more truth to the Toynami Alpha bashing then I realized. I'm typically not a very lucky person, so I'm amazed that all my Alphas are fine if only 50% of them are any good.

But before you judge realise that the impressions from buyers of the MPC for VF-1 were usually pretty negative too and this is from the robotech forums where the fans are still interested in buying out of desperation because they are censored from learning about other toys. So if they complain about problems too it can't be just be bias.

Everyone just wants a good quality toy that doesn't break easily. There is no hidden agenda. We hope that they improve and fix the problems so we can buy it more easily, but ultimately if you can't touch it for fear it will break that is a huge factor for a lot of us in wanting one. The toynami 1/100 aren't too bad, so you won't hear many people complaining about breakages with those. So although it might seem a person is antitoynami, it could just be they've been burned and felt disapointed that a masterpiece feels so breakable and cheap and not because of bias. You won't hear many people complain about the Banprestos for example simply because nobody likes them enough to have actually bought them to be able to bash it. :D

It's a shame mospeada never got many toys made for it. :(

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

If the Toynami version Beta is of decent QC (hah) i'll grab it, but only a red one. I hate the piece of sh^t Red Alpha i have, pieces keep breaking off and i've never been so disapointed in a puchase than this one. Maybe the Beta rocks and looks decent linked up, i might try my hand at improving the design (stupid banana bend) and stick on and re-paint the broken stuff.

Why'd they put those missiles under the intakes like the Aoshima version? How many friggin' missiles does this little plane need?

You can never have too much firepower. B)) Anyways back on topic. I was on the wall on this but I think the pic showing the hollow legs and the fighter modes with the knee sticking out like the sore thumb pretty much nixes it for me. I cannot justify spending $250 plus shipping for it. I dont care if it is the only company that makes the beta. I am with JS on this. The price needs to drop to half at least and they need to fix the transformation including the knees to collaspe to make the fighter mode halfway decent. I cannot help but think this toy does have a cheap feel as well. The Toynami alphas are not that great but I was thinking in hopes they would make a beta if I was buying them but no I cannot think like that. Not anymore. Sometimes patience is a virtue. Someone will make a better legioss/tread combo. One would hope.

These new pics look alright.

They get me thinking, "hey, this looks pretty neat, a different take than the Toynami..."

Then I remember this is half of a $300 toy!

It looks good for a $50 toy, It doen't look like a $150 toy. Not by a long shot.

I think I am in a minority here, but I am planning on getting this. I'm not wildly crazy about the look of the Legioss in fighter mode, but not so much that I immediately recoil in horror, and the Tread I actually think looks quite decent.

True, neither of them match the line-art, but that isn't actually a dealbreaker for me - they are off-model a lot of the time in the series too so I have quite a broad tolerance for what I will accept as a "version" of the designs. Given the issues I have with my Toynami Alpha and what I have seen of folks Aoshima Stick-types, this is my prefered option for getting the Legioss Eta that my collection still lacks. The price is a bit scary, but I budgeting it with a slightly higher figure in mind, so I am relatively comfortable with that as well.

Everyone's mileage will vary. I can see why those who aren't getting it aren't, and I can see why those who will be getting it are.

Karl

Poor CM, their designs are getting bashed all over this thread :p

I'm paying 208 dollars + shipping for mine and I'm perfectrly okay with how they look.

Screw the line art if the end product looks cool (and, IMO, CM achieved just that).From the very first pics over a year ago it was made clear that the toys weren’t going for line art accuracy.

Can the legs look better in fighter mode? Since in that same pic the arms are mistransformed, who knows, maybe they can. Either way, IMO the thrusters have always broken the look of the fighter mode, be it Toynami or the original 2D design.

I wanted to get a Aoshima too for the fighter mode but after what Eriku and Gilermo have experienced, no thanks. The CM fighter mode, with the correctly transformed arms looks nice on its own anyways.

Yours is $208 because of the preferable exchange rate right? If anyone finds a good deal on these let me know. I may not be a huge fan but the completist in me guarantees I'll be buying it. If I score it for a reasonable price I might not hate my completists instincts as much.

If you want a Dark Legioss, your only bet right now is either a Toynami MPC Sue Graham Shadow Fighter or the Toynami Shadow Fighters from the Shadow Chronicles movie.

But if you're wanting the original Dark Legioss from the original Mospeada series, the MPC Sue Graham is the only way to go because they changed the design and coloring of the Shadow Fighter for the Shadow Chronicles movie. It's now marked like the Blue and Green Legioss (Only with dark colors and the white accents) and has their style intakes too.

-Kyp

If you want a Dark Legioss, your only bet right now is either a Toynami MPC Sue Graham Shadow Fighter or the Toynami Shadow Fighters from the Shadow Chronicles movie.

But if you're wanting the original Dark Legioss from the original Mospeada series, the MPC Sue Graham is the only way to go because they changed the design and coloring of the Shadow Fighter for the Shadow Chronicles movie. It's now marked like the Blue and Green Legioss (Only with dark colors and the white accents) and has their style intakes too.

-Kyp

Don't forget the female pilot of the show that has her Alpha trimmed in pink that was shown at one of the toy shows awhile back.

Does sue graham have all the fixes though. Is it like what the ben MPC vf-1 was to the other earlier VF-1 MPC? (ie improved)

In my experience, it's the same QC as the others only the hands are claws and much thicker so you don't have to worry as much about them breaking apart. Others here say its better.

really really scary. Maybe they will drop the price if you wait a bit?

More likely if I wait too long the exchange rate will shift a bit and make things less favourable. It has already shifted so as to put three or four quid on the Aoshima Legiosses in the last few months. Hanging on would be a bit Russian Roulette I think

Don't forget the female pilot of the show that has her Alpha trimmed in pink that was shown at one of the toy shows awhile back.

That'd be hard to forget. I remember the time when a friend of mine and I saw that. We kinda stared in imcomprehension, theh had some more to drink. The idea of someone taking a fighter that was stealthed against everything except eyeball mk1 and then giving it neon-pink trim was enough to truly boggle the mind. I mean, why not just go the whole way and use yellow with luminesent strips like a High-vis workmans jacket? :-)

Karl

Edited by Awacs

-Kyp

Don't overlook the fact that the Sue Graham MPC is not line-art correct, as Toynami did not change all the necessary parts; IIRC, the chest is the most prominent of these.

Back to the Legioss/ Tlead. When's Big Blue coming out again? I'm considering plonking cash down for Big Red, but would like to see a review first.

Yours is $208 because of the preferable exchange rate right? If anyone finds a good deal on these let me know. I may not be a huge fan but the completist in me guarantees I'll be buying it. If I score it for a reasonable price I might not hate my completists instincts as much.

Nope. It's because I've preordered here with the early bird discount:

toyntoys

(All their prices are in Singapore dollar, SGD)

I've read about people from the SGcollect forums getting their stuff in the physical store they have in Singapore plus some other Spanish forums cite it alongside HLJ as places to get Saint Seiya figures so I guess it's safe.

These things were shown at a 22% discount in the first Japanese web page that showed them. There was bound to be another place that offered them close to that amount.

That'd be hard to forget. I remember the time when a friend of mine and I saw that. We kinda stared in imcomprehension, theh had some more to drink. The idea of someone taking a fighter that was stealthed against everything except eyeball mk1 and then giving it neon-pink trim was enough to truly boggle the mind. I mean, why not just go the whole way and use yellow with luminesent strips like a High-vis workmans jacket? :-)

Karl

Do you mean like Nora Poliansky's SV-51 (imbued with active stealth systems that render it invisible to anything other than visual detection) in Macross Zero? I can understand, and often partake, in the criticism leveled against Toynami's MPC line; but for the life of me, I fail to understand the hate leveled at HG's choice of colors given to the Alphas in TSC... after all, Macross has it's examples of garish color schemes: from the Max's and Milia's fighters in SDF, to Basara's and Milia's in M7 (Not even including the clown valks or the Varauta stuff), to Nora's in Zero. It strikes me that the dark matt magenta and dark matt grey of Maya Sterling's fighter was subdued enough while still serving the purpose of differentiating her Mecha from everyone else's.

I reserve my criticism for their poorly produced merchandise, the animation quality of their independent effort, and Toynami's perpetual delays in releasing their Beta.

Edited by mechaninac

My hate for that pink trimmed fighter in Shadow Chronicles is because it is just so darned stereotypical. Look! It's a girl pilot of the female gender! Her fighter must have pink on it! Because all girls love pink! They love it so much that they'd paint their aircraft pink! If that fighter had been any color but pink I would probably not have an issue with it myself.

Nope. It's because I've preordered here with the early bird discount:

toyntoys

(All their prices are in Singapore dollar, SGD)

Has anyone ever purchased from them before? Do these guys have a good reputation? Do you know if they normally ship quickly after release?

Do you mean like Nora Poliansky's SV-51 (imbued with active stealth systems that render it invisible to anything other than visual detection) in Macross Zero?

Yeah pretty much - Nora's SV-51 made me do pretty much of a double take as well. It seemed to me that, given that most of the fighting in "Zero" was done at visual range, almost as if she wanted people to see her coming. Which strongly suggests to me a woman with, shall we say, issues.

It isn't a scheme I am particularly fond of either. I think it was more the fact that the pink trimmed shadow fighter (and the pink SV-51) looked odd to me in the context of the what was around them. That said, I have a mild degree of Pink/Purple colour-blindness so I sometimes so those two colours can look a little strange to me. It is as probable that my problem with that particular trim colour is down to my brain, as it is the colours per se. (I'm also purple-gold colourblind, and went to a high school that had a purple uniform with gold trim, so I am somewhat cursed by colour it could be said).

Karl