CM's Corporation Legioss/TREAD.

Roger

I'm going to be waiting until I see some reports from those of you who are buying them. If I find out that the legs can be tucked in better then I'll probably pick one up, but we'll see.

I feel like Grand Admiral there. I can overlook the toyish looks of the Legioss and even the high price tag, but the legs in fighter mode completely ruins it for me

Well hopefully more pics will surface before this thing actually hits the streets. I'm sold on it already, but it sucks for a lot of you who's decision hinges on weather or not the legs are transformed correctly. Hopefully they will make enough of the blue one where it wont be too hard to find once some reviews start coming in (providing the reviews are positive of course).

Wow, my thread has hit 50 pages, 90% of it is bitching and it looks like a whopping 3 people are actually going to buy it. Wheee!!!

I've already preordered so make that 4 people :lol:

I'm liking it more and more everytime I check the pictures!!!

Wow, my thread has hit 50 pages, 90% of it is bitching and it looks like a whopping 3 people are actually going to buy it. Wheee!!!

Dear Roger,

Welcome to Macross World.

Sincerely,

One of the three to four people who actually loves the CM's Legioss.

:p

My hate for that pink trimmed fighter in Shadow Chronicles is because it is just so darned stereotypical. Look! It's a girl pilot of the female gender! Her fighter must have pink on it! Because all girls love pink! They love it so much that they'd paint their aircraft pink! If that fighter had been any color but pink I would probably not have an issue with it myself.

what about Mylene's VF-11 in Macross 7?

I actually don't mind high vis schemes from the POV that robots stand out better in them for show off reasons. (or to show they are special enough to be allowed to mod the thing) If they are aces, then they deserve the attention so all the crap pilot can clearly see and recognise them. But for cannon fodder mecha, the plain colours are appealing because they can't afford to show off like the super aces can and need to remain hidden.

In the world of anime robot shows, once you get to a certain level of skill, hiding isn't important. See milia in DYRL single handedly take out the male zentradi like they were nothing. When you get to her level of skill you want to actually attract strong fighters to you for a fun challenge to prevent you from getting bored. (make them think you are an easy target and then take them out quicker, rather than have the enemies run away from you and you have to chase them individually, which would take longer.)

So in a way, it makes sense if that's the goal of painting it brightly. "Look at me, I challenge you to attack me so I can kick your ass in front of everyone and get it over with quickly."

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

i pre-ordered 2 weeks ago... :D i think it'd be interesting to make a poll - whos definitely getting all 3, getting only 1 or 2, who's not decided (wait for reviews), and whos definitely not getting :p

BTW, toyntoys is a local distributor, i often get from them but since i get it locally, i can't say how's it like for the overseas buyer.

initially, i was thinking of getting all 3 but i wanted to review one first. the legs and chest intake are bothering me... i think i might give up on the green and red ones, unless there's a chance of a huge discount :p

Edited by Shun

what about Mylene's VF-11 in Macross 7?

That show does not even exist in my world. (In other words I am one of those people who HATE Macross 7).

And yes, Mylene's pink fighter with boobs is also over the top stereotypical. Oh look it's a pink girl jet piloted by a pink girl pilot! Weeeeeee!

So, is anyone getting the one they are selling at WonderFest? I'd be curious to see if they put it in a special package or something for the event. I'm not buying one, but I am curious if they go the extra nine yards since it'll be hard to get being a festival exclusive.

Has anyone ever purchased from them before? Do these guys have a good reputation? Do you know if they normally ship quickly after release?

i second shun's comment.

though i do not know about their dealings with overseas customers, but i usually get my stuff from them nowadays.....

they're are the local distributors for yamato and fewture products plus a bunch a other stuffs, pretty reputable in singapore.

shun - have u talked to david and co regarding the megahouse's limited edition weapons?

Edited by izzyfcuk

not that i'm panning ot buy this but you know...

when someone places a preorder at some ridiculous price, the price will remain ridiculous.

when no one places a preorder at some ridiculous price, the manufacturer will lower their asking price and in turn the vendor will as well.

not that i'm panning ot buy this but you know...

when someone places a preorder at some ridiculous price, the price will remain ridiculous.

when no one places a preorder at some ridiculous price, the manufacturer will lower their asking price and in turn the vendor will as well.

That's what I was thinking.

Hopefully they don't interpret poor sales of the toy to lack of desire to want mospeada mecha though. I love the legios.

I think the best thing is to wait for reviews first. See all the weaknesses and problems and then decide.

That's what I was thinking.

Hopefully they don't interpret poor sales of the toy to lack of desire to want mospeada mecha though. I love the legios.

I think the best thing is to wait for reviews first. See all the weaknesses and problems and then decide.

they already spent time and money getting it to the point where its at now, so theres no way they'll take a total loss and can the project. besides, they gotta know by now that the pricing is what turning people off more than anything else. thats the main reason here and i'm sure thats the main reason on all the other messageboards where this toy is being discussed. i'm sure they're looking, i'm sure they're reading, now the just need to crunch the numbers again and adjust the asking price to something more reasonable/affordable. i'm sure positive reviews will help push sales but not for their asking price $300+ shipped.

Considering the high price of the set, it seems extra surprising that they aren't offering the Legioss by itself. It seems like they would make more sales if they offered them individually as well as in sets. Unless they're afraid if they offered the Legioss by itself too few people would buy the set. Even though I like the Beta I'd probably just buy the Legioss if I could. It would certainly be less painful.

Considering the high price of the set, it seems extra surprising that they aren't offering the Legioss by itself. It seems like they would make more sales if they offered them individually as well as in sets. Unless they're afraid if they offered the Legioss by itself too few people would buy the set. Even though I like the Beta I'd probably just buy the Legioss if I could. It would certainly be less painful.
You just demonstrated the most likely reason why they're selling them as a set. If they're spending the time, effort, and resources to develop the Legioss and TLEAD, then they're going to want to make all of that money back. By offering them as a set, they're making it more likely that their entire investment (the cost of developing both toys) will be covered, not just less than half of it (the cost of creating the smaller toy, the Legioss).

If they did their market research, I think they'd probably find out that there are many more people like you who would just buy the Legioss. If they went with your idea and sold it piecemeal, making more Legiosses and less TLEADs, they'd probably end up having to sell the TLEAD for a much higher price due to economies of scale. The higher the price, the less people will buy it, so why bother making it in the first place?

This is exactly the issue Toynami faces, and the most likely reason why we haven't seen a TLEAD from them years after they showed off that prototype.

CM's is probably skewing towards the minority in this case. I think that takes guts and deserves a hell of a lot of credit. They also got this toy to market within a year of announcing it, just in time for the 20th anniversary of MOSPEADA. After 2008 is over, the chance of seeing anyone else take on a project like this will be slim to none, because not many people care about MOSPEADA in Japan. If anyone was going to do it, they'd be building up a buzz in the hobby magazines right now.

I'm overjoyed that CM's is making these two toys. I love the way they look and I think $250 is a reasonable price, considering that they have a reputation for quality toys, they're going to be making it in relatively small quantities, and we're getting the chance to buy a TLEAD after 20 years. I've wanted it, I like it, so I'm paying for it. If you don't want to pay for it, then you didn't want it enough and/or like it enough. Pretty simple.

Edited by Roger

I wish they'd do the black one. :(

Who else isn't getting it?

I might get it if it means more mospeada.

I remember buying Yamato Qrau (with CMS miria figure) and people thought it was expensive because it didn't transform or have tiny moving parts. That was because I was happy to see a mecha like that done which wasn't just a popular VF.

I hope more mospeada Legios toys come out in a few years. We've all wanted a good durable toy, but be honest, that is pretty expensive even if you are fan don't you think? In a way it's like with those atler sai bubble gum crisis figures: was willing to get one but at the time I had the yamatos competing for attention. May have bought one if it was the only thing around and there were no other distractions.

So only Stick is the non-limited edition one then?

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Yup sadly, but truly Stick is the only non limited one. I would of really liked to see the green legioss up for grabs from retail, but I might have to "hunt" for it from some HK seller who's going to get it.

I also agree now, that CMs price is feasible because unlike Bandai or Takara, CMs is still a relatively small company compared to those two giants in the toy making business. I think CMs makes most of their money from small little race cars instead of their PVC or Brave Gokin line. If CMs delivers on their part towards making this set a quality set then well all finally have that rock solid nonvaporware tread and legioss combo. February is almost here so its just time to play the waiting game.

I also agree now, that CMs price is feasible because unlike Bandai or Takara, CMs is still a relatively small company compared to those two giants in the toy making business.

this reasoning has been used for every "small" company out there and each and every time people bring bandai/takara into it to back it up. its nothing against you, but its just annoying how people keep comparing every toy company out there to those 2 and only those 2.

yamato was a "small" company and because of macross, now they're a big company and still sell the same damn toy for the same damn price and each of their releases is only getting more expensive, not cheaper.

if its small, that means they have less operating costs, less expense, less employees to pay out, less everything. also, making 1000 pcs costs them the same as making 5000 pcs. taking it to production is a flat rate, they just have to cover the cost of materials.

so no, that small company excuse doesn't fly with me anymore and the bandai/takara comparison is getting mighty old on these forums...actually every toy forum. :mellow:

this reasoning has been used for every "small" company out there and each and every time people bring bandai/takara into it to back it up. its nothing against you, but its just annoying how people keep comparing every toy company out there to those 2 and only those 2.

yamato was a "small" company and because of macross, now they're a big company and still sell the same damn toy for the same damn price and each of their releases is only getting more expensive, not cheaper.

if its small, that means they have less operating costs, less expense, less employees to pay out, less everything. also, making 1000 pcs costs them the same as making 5000 pcs. taking it to production is a flat rate, they just have to cover the cost of materials.

so no, that small company excuse doesn't fly with me anymore and the bandai/takara comparison is getting mighty old on these forums...actually every toy forum. :mellow:

I could see where your going with this but I'm just making a generalization and if your bothered with it I can understand why. Seeing cool toys just getting more and more expensive every year is just a real pain for most small time collectors with a limited budget. Pretty soon only the rich and wealthy collectors will be able to purchase anymore "high quality " products. I miss the good old days when a high quality toy didn't cost over maybe say $120? -sigh-

its cool man. i wasn't calling you out on it specifically(even though i quoted you) sorry about that. :)

its just the same old tired excuse why its alright for XYZ company to charge so much, therefore we should just suck it up and deal with it. honestly, its not like a 20 year old cartoon license is all that expensive to obtain in the first place but people like to throw that in there as a reason why its an acceptable to get ripped off, same with the BS cost of R&D. bottom line, small company, small production run, whatever, even at wholesales price these mofo's will be making money hand over fist.

Stick's blue legioss+tread is more readily available, but the green one isn't really 'limited' edition. just that u have to order it thru' their website, and as usual (and unfortunately), they don't sell to overseas. They'd offer a slight discount for the green one during WF but only for limited quantities.

So the red one is the only one that is limited quantity.

haven't talked to him yet.....but will do so when i collect my WAVE SDF 1. dont' think it's a prob... u want?

yeah i definitely want it! :lol: help me talk to him k? i am also getting wave sdf1 from them :p

I really would like to buy this toy ... but the price is way too steep for me. I'm gonna wait for reviews of this thing before I commit to a purchase.

:mellow:

Even though I'm not getting this, a review of this thing should still make for an interesting read. If those knee caps do retract like on the toynami, I might break down and get a blue set later on. Right now, paying for my YF-21 pre-order takes top priority for me.

-Kyp