CM's Corporation Legioss/TREAD.

Roger

Now.. since we all feel that the toy's expensive.. then why do some people are willing to spend so much money on ebay to get the old lansay tread? which is so small and really plastic?

We used to wish some company will come out with the Legioss and tread..

Now that is true , aned with the price being too ex for our spending budget, we start commenting on it's bad points.

kinda strange right?

Why not focus on saving up to get this item?

But anyway i feel the toy has some improvements to make, but given the japanese's character of not saying giving up easily in design and such.. i think there must be a reason for all this design and such.

Honestly i feel the toy is not bad... but could do with some toynami designer designs to make it flush but however i like the Legioss battleroid mode. looks coller and much taller.

My two cents view.. no offence guys =)

But since we do not know anything abt this license issue.

Let's don't argue on this =)

Actually, I can tell you what Yaco told me, and that is Tatsunoko actually has been a little bit difficult to deal with regarding the MOSPEADA license. He knows a few people who have tried to get garage kit projects off the ground and have been rebuked.

He knows a few people who have tried to get garage kit projects off the ground and have been rebuked.

Here is an example. HRG tried to release the kit seen here on the right...

InbitIigaa2.jpg

at the 2005 Winter Wonder Festival and they were a no show because they failed to get the kit licensed. This was after they had already released these licensed kits.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

which reminds me I still need to track down that VR-41.

Carl

Ahhh,, it looks MUCH better pose and in glamour shots like that... now I don't know.

I'm just the opposite. I hate those pictures of the Alpha fighter. Mosquito nose, hollow legs, massive shoulders... The Beta/Tread looks good, but I can't stand the other half... Plus there are still some issues with the fighter hookups.

Hmm. Seems like they went with a folding knee joint instead of a telescoping leg. And a fixed kneecap. That's where Toynami MPC has an advantage -- the collapsing leg and movable kneecap improves the fighter mode tremendously. I got this feeling that the legs are actually swiveled out from the body in Fighter mode.

I think I understand CMS' design philosophy. They went for a great looking Soldier mode, but compromised heavily on Fighter mode. You got to admit, aside from the small chest intakes and the over-long tail fins, Soldier mode is very good looking.

Unfortunately, when coupled with the Tlead, the original design actually is most impressive when the Legioss is in Fighter mode. But the leg design actually hurts the combination because of the knee and the non-retracting feet -- the over-long leg meant the leg has to be displaced sideways, creating the poor look.

In Toynami's case, it was a decent design hampered by poor material and quality control. In CMS' case, I think it will be a case of an over-compromised design due to an obsession with the Legioss' Soldier mode.

I'm a bit on the fence now. I like the Battroid mode but the Zeta's head is a bit disappointing. And the poor look in Combined Fighter mode is very disappointing. I need to think about this much more.

I think I understand CMS' design philosophy. They went for a great looking Soldier mode, but compromised heavily on Fighter mode. You got to admit, aside from the small chest intakes and the over-long tail fins, Soldier mode is very good looking.

Don't forget about the mosquito nose. In Soldier/Battaloid mode it hangs down way too far.

Just awesome! Thanks for the scans Graham!!

I don't see anything wrong with fighter mode now that the arms spread out; the Legioss design has always seemed kibly to me thanks to the legs, be they telescopic, folding or 2D. And I appreciate a posable and good looking soldier mode above the static fighter mode.

Blue is a most buy for me, but what do you guys thing of the green and red colours?

Just awesome! Thanks for the scans Graham!!

I don't see anything wrong with fighter mode now that the arms spread out; the Legioss design has always seemed kibly to me thanks to the legs, be they telescopic, folding or 2D. And I appreciate a posable and good looking soldier mode above the static fighter mode.

Blue is a most buy for me, but what do you guys thing of the green and red colours?

I agree with everything you said. I've always seen the Legioss as a sort of unaerodynamic flying brick. It's like half jet and half tank, which is actually the qualities about it that I love. I've got plenty of valks for the sex-ay sleek fighter jet aesthetic.

As for the green and red, I love the colors (although the green looks a lot different in the recent scans - probably due to the scan) and the head sculpts look great. The red is actually my favorite Legioss head, but I've always preferred the blue color so I typically go for blue. If I had money shooting out of my pores I'd find a way to buy all three.

I'm going to buy all three ^_^

The green one is not an event exclusive, it's going to be available in march through CM's page (I'll find a way to get it!!!).

Anyone care to translate the scans or find out how limited the red one is?

Thanks in advance!!!!

As much as I want to, I just can't justify buying this: cheap looking, absurdly expensive, inaccurate and in some areas, just plain ugly: I just can't see why they decided to go with the folding out legs. That doesn't just makes the fighter looks off, it also makes the knee hinge looks terrible in Soldier mode. If they decided to make compromises in Fighter mode to make a better Soldier mode, why couldn't they get the shoulders right? The mosquito nose is not only inaccurate, it also looks bad in all three modes.

IMHO most of the design choices don't make sense. I can overlook the small chest intake (completely useless now that the sticking out knee admits much more air than the intake ever would), the non rotating head and the detachable landing gear in the TREAD. But I can't justify paying 300 for a toy that's worth 100 at most.

I think I'll stick with my Toynamis until some other toy company makes a better set.

I think I'll stick with my Toynamis until some other toy company makes a better set.
I wish the Legioss and Tread would get as much love from all the toy companies as the Ride Armors are getting right now. Maybe Megahouse or Beagle can try next.

I'm still amazed people can be more forgiving of Toynami's Legioss than the CM's. That just seems like Bizarro-World sentiments to me after seeing what Toynami's abortion was like.

Edited by eriku

I'm still amazed people can be more forgiving of Toynami's Legioss than the CM's. That just seems like Bizarro-World sentiments to me after seeing what Toynami's abortion was like.

Toynami's look aesthetically better... in pictures. I would bet that CM's will have better quality and fit, but the design is just horrid and for it to justify the price, it just loses in all kinds of way. Looking at the Beagle CAD designs for the cyclone, I would love to see their version of the Legioss.

Toynami's look aesthetically better... in pictures. I would bet that CM's will have better quality and fit, but the design is just horrid and for it to justify the price, it just loses in all kinds of way. Looking at the Beagle CAD designs for the cyclone, I would love to see their version of the Legioss.

Unfortunately I don't like to play with pictures, so the Toynami is worthless to me. As for the CM's being 'horrid', well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder my friend. :)

Hey, you started it. :)

Notice I said nothing about the Toynami's QC or structural integrity. It's nice to look at, but from what I've heard, don't look at it too hard.

Hey, Toynami started it when they took that thing out of the oven before it was done. :p And as EXO said, the Toynami is nice in pictures. Just like a Big Mac.

Edited by eriku

This is probably heresy, but if I wanted something that just looked good in Soldier mode, couldn't I just buy a Toynami Super Poseable Alpha?

Has to look good in all modes.

I wish there was somebody making really great versions of these. In 1/35 scale.

SIGH.

So depressing. One of my favorite animes as a kid and I can't get a decent toy to this day.

I know we won't probably ever get it, and if we do, the QC will be total crap, but at least the Toynami Beta that was shown is the right size, and the link-up looks MUCH better than the CM, IMO.

P2134088.jpg

Edited by hutch

Unfortunately I don't like to play with pictures, so the Toynami is worthless to me. As for the CM's being 'horrid', well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder my friend. :)

Yeah I know... I'm getting the opposite reaction with the CMs ride armor. I like them while everyone else doesn't.

Yeah I know... I'm getting the opposite reaction with the CMs ride armor. I like them while everyone else doesn't.

I'm with you on the Ride Armor, CM's offering is my favorite so far (not counting Beagle's, which is only pictures at the moment).

I probably sound like a freakin' CM's cheerleader but I actually don't even own any of their toys aside from one Roy figure, which barely counts. :mellow:

Actually proportion and sculpt-wise, I like the CMS ride armor. I just wish it weren't that small and didn't look to be that cheaply made. If it were twice the size, I'd gladly pay twice the cost.

Thank you Graham for those scans.

And true, I would like to have a super poseable alpha in soldier mode only ,non transformable to keep it in the right proportions and ultra detailed.

I think i can challenge the toynami version to do such a pose :lol:

Yes CM corp seems plastic... toyish not worthy the money.. but i like the articulation it presents on the poster!! hahahaha!!!

post-3595-1201316778_thumb.jpg

:p

Considering his "Itano Circus" style of attacking, I've had Scott/Stig in this pose for years now.