Transformers Super Thread 5

Thanks Veritas! That deal that LAFToys has is very tempting to me.

I thought I'd post this because some might find it funny, with the anger at Botcon going on, which I am right there with...

It's stolen shamelessly from a sig on some TF messageboard that I stumbled onto last night while looking for reviews of the revoltech figs...

IPB Image

Completely off track:

Has anybody purchased Revoltech Optimus or Megatron?

Worth $22?

Yep. The figures are pretty small... but the posability is unparalleled.

Here are some pics of mine.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

I haven't yet invested in the Megatron, but I think I will, just so Prime has some metal ass to kick. :D

Man, that Prime is beer goggles ugly with his Pat-Lee based design.

It seems Australia has once again become a dumping ground for things american fans want - TRUs here can't seem to get rid of G1 Soundwave.

Hm, I really like the over-stylized look of the RT TF figures... but judging by the reactions by people from a few recent revisualizations of things, I'm in the minority.

And I'm still baffled by how long it took for a US/Hasbro rerelease of Soundwave... I remember getting my Japanese reissue Soundwave for Xmas like three years ago.

Edited by promethuem5

I like the RT Prime & Megatron. Just not enough to buy them, even though I collect a few RT as well. Feel that TFs should stay as TFs (transformable), where most of the fun comes from. Those two while pretty cool, don't quite blend in well with my other RT Super Robots like Getters, Mazinkaiser, and Dangaioh.

Well out of the spite of Botcon exclusives, I went too Fredmyers and got a 7.99 Starscream that I'll repaint into Thundercracker and atleast "Complete" my Seekers set.

But here's the issue.....I wanna plan it out on how Thundercracker will look so i was wondering if there was any Classics SS/SW line art available?

Bought classics mirage. Very skinny bot mode and lots of articulation. Those double joint on the arms are the kind of thing I wish hotrod had.

It would have been good if they gave him both an armor piercing hunting rifle that he could store on his back as well as that electro distruptor gun he already has, so he can arm both weapons if he wants to (like the seekers) or just have one in hand and the other stored on back. Just a little bit of extra plastic was all they needed to supply.

With starscream I have armed his hands with:

-skywarp's guns held upside down in the hands (underarm)

-starscream's null ray on the top of his hands (right side up)

-ramjet's beefy gun mounted on side of his shoulders

Now he has the appearance of something from a gundam show where the robot has guns all over its body. He can use all three weapon types at once in a single shot for a combo kill. If I had another set of seeker weapons I could have put those in storage on his back as backup for when he wants to select a different set.

Now whenever Classics Jetfire wants to fight him in super mode with all his firepower, starscream actually stands a chance :D (too bad the guns are oversized though, knowing how weak he is, he looks ridculous trying to carry it all)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Cool never noticed it. Thought it was photo-shopped or something. :D

So when are they going to release a miscolored starscream that has thundercracker colors by accident?

the *only weakness I see of SS:

http://www.bwtf.com/classics/starscream/vm2.jpg

..is that ugly black box where his head is shows up on side views. On skywarp it is disguised a little better thanks to his black colored body.

*ok not the only, but the one that sticks out the most to me

Oh I forgot to mention: on my last visit to the toy store, I saw some of the protoform movie toys that are already out, and they look so weird. Does anyone have any thoughts about them? They kind of look like transforming rocks! Is it to try to disguise them as an asteroid? Did anyone buy these? I liked the idea better from the toon that they used a ship to come to earth and just crashed here.

On the other hand the car robots looks pretty good to me:

http://www.hasbro.com/common/images/produc...ba2ca3_A400.jpg

I really don't mind that these are not trying to be accurate to the g1 toon at all anymore in that instance.

Guest sh002

MP Skywarp with early bird at HLJ is pretty cheap compared to some US stores. BTW, has anyone seen Titanium 6" Ultra Magnus in stores?

Picked up a couple of Transformers Movie toys. They're growing on me.

2x Voyager Blackouts. Good god I love this thing. Looks evil and powerful just like a Decepticon should.

1x Voyager Ratchet. Haven't opened it yet.

4x Real Robots. Camera, Video Game, Binoculars, Cell phone. Haven't opened them yet.

2x those real small legends size TF's. Barricade and Jazz. Sweet for their size(Hot wheels).

Got the Transformers: Rock Lords(Protoforms) a while back. Primes fun but SS isn't as much fun.

Awwwwwwwww man I really want those freakin movie toys! I even had a friend of mine search for them in Canada but he didn't find any.

The protoform toys are neat, I really like Prime, but yeah, SS isn't that great...he's got less flexibility on him compared to prime, and his shoulders pop out alot.

Guess I can go ahead and mention it since TFW2005 did lastnight, but Daniel Ross is in the video game coming out next month and he will be playing the role of Starscream. he's also playing another character I think but I can't remember which one it was.

phew feels good to get that out after a couple of months of waiting.