Transformers Super Thread 5

Bugbite rules in concept, since he's an official Gobots crossover character.

The idea is good... the execution not so much. Had they just painted Bumblebee white, slapped a Decepticon symbol on him and left out the Tribal Decals i would be much more inclined to give the figure a thumbs-up.

The idea is good... the execution not so much. Had they just painted Bumblebee white, slapped a Decepticon symbol on him and left out the Tribal Decals i would be much more inclined to give the figure a thumbs-up.

But... Bugbite was yellow.

Yeah, I know... it's an homage to the eHobby Transformers BugBite, not the original GoBots toy.

Either way, though... that's just nasty.

Saw this pic on the MP-05, which did pointed out a thing I've missed on the leg panel. Might be helpful.

Immensely helpful! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

This figure just went up another notch from awesome to pure awesome. I had half of those hints already figured out. But I had no idea that extra upper leg panel lock was there. And raising the feet does make a positive aesthetic difference.

Thank you! :D

My recent tf classic purchases since last post:

astrotrain + bumblebee value pack

hotrod

BB: this guy needs a gun. I think as a figure he looks cool like some kind of mini-alternator. I like arming him with astrotrains weapon.

Astrotrain: mine has pretty loose shoulder armor and the paint looks sort of faded as if they were running out of paint. Never owned the g1 original toy but I think this guys transformation could have been done a bit better from train to shuttle. When the train turns into a shuttle it has to flip 180 upside down to rightside up which would damage the people inside him and the cargo he carries. One of the cool things I remember in the cartoon was how he could launch from the ground in train mode and then turn into the shuttle just as he drove the train off the cliff to then fly away. Overall nice robot mode. Problem: the gun is purple! Why is it not black which is what would look 10 times better? And why are his eyes yellow? Shouldn't decepticons have the red eyes?

hotrod: don't like his elbow. Needs double joints there. But the half-assed turret mode in his car form looks pretty good. The red paint used is too dark. Sports cars are bright red and flashy. Good idea to put the underarm razor blade he uses in the movie to cut the robot octopus. And I like that the gun can provide extra boost in car mode for burst of extra speed.

If alt rodimus is real I might get that. They should never have done optimus prime in alternator form imo. Let the MP prime be the alternator leader :D and just have hotrod as alt in place of alt prime.

Alt prime has a very chunky look to his form which just doesn't suit him.

I might consider getting clasics mirage next. The articulation on that figure looks amazing. Too bad the gun looks like a crossbow. They should have allowed it to transform into a more compact weapon.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Saw this pic on the MP-05, which did pointed out a thing I've missed on the leg panel. Might be helpful.

Great find.

Now my Megs stands a bit taller now. Gotta love more arm movement as well. B))

If alt rodimus is real I might get that. They should never have done optimus prime in alternator form imo. Let the MP prime be the alternator leader :D and just have hotrod as alt in place of alt prime.

The REAL question is... when does Rodimus get a Masterpiece? And will he have the trailer?

The REAL question is... when does Rodimus get a Masterpiece? And will he have the trailer?

He better does. Rodimus is too small on its own without the trailer to be a MP. Though I am not too sure how much they can pretty up the alt mode, when compare to the Kiss Rodimus. Can't say the original Rodimus has a very good looking car mode. GT40 is much slicker. So hopefully they will do what they did for Prime, focus more on the bot mode and less on the alt mode. Though the wait on seeing this materialized may be quite some time...if ever.

I would DEFINITELY go for a MP Rodimus Prime. Make him as big as OP and you've got a sale for sure. I'd love to have him be posable and not a unmovable stick of plastic like the original.

I'd rather see a hotrod than a rodimus.

There's a review on collectionDX of the new TF movie Optimus Prime (which will be available in 6 weeks according to Josh).

http://www.collectiondx.com/node/1522

Looks pretty cool IMHO.

It looks awesome, a lot better than some of the Primes in recent years, and possibly a contender for best mainline prime.

I'm almost sure I'll like this one as much as Cybertron Prime, RID Prime, and Laser Rod Prime.

Is it possible to NOT have the gun sticking out of the bunk? That just really ruins the whole 'realism' effect.

The video review/transformation video does indicate that the gun can accidentally pop off during the transformation (hopefully he meant the whole aseembly and not that it might fire its missile), which to me, like yourself, is one of the make or break it factors of the toy. If I pick it up, I expect much 'accidental popping off' of the gun whenever I chang Optimus into truck mode.

I mostly like the look of the toy... almost wish the movie version actually looked more like it, in all honesty. One thing I find interesting is the leg assembly, which could actually lift Optimus off the ground as he transforms (instead of many of the original G1 designs where the cars had to hop into the air before transforming (in the original movie, Prime even hits some kind of thrusters to get some lift as he transforms)).

Interesting idea to have G1 repaints... as someone said on the tfw forum, Hasbro is going to rake in the cash in truckloads with all this merchandising... I do like the look of the movie Prime figure... much nicer than the movie designs.

Interesting idea to have G1 repaints... as someone said on the tfw forum, Hasbro is going to rake in the cash in truckloads with all this merchandising... I do like the look of the movie Prime figure... much nicer than the movie designs.

Its more or less we knew repaints/retools were coming, its just a matter of what paint schemes were used and whether or not they'd be g1 homages or all new. Hasbro repaints/retools almost all of their molds at least once. Since this is a movie with characters based on g1 characters, g1 repaints were a given.

I do agree about movie prime, I like the toy designs better than the movie designs. I honestly think the movie line might set the standard for all mainline transformer toys now in regards to the automorph gimmick and level of detail.

My recent tf classic purchases since last post:

astrotrain + bumblebee value pack

hotrod

BB: this guy needs a gun. I think as a figure he looks cool like some kind of mini-alternator. I like arming him with astrotrains weapon.

Astrotrain: mine has pretty loose shoulder armor and the paint looks sort of faded as if they were running out of paint. Never owned the g1 original toy but I think this guys transformation could have been done a bit better from train to shuttle. When the train turns into a shuttle it has to flip 180 upside down to rightside up which would damage the people inside him and the cargo he carries. One of the cool things I remember in the cartoon was how he could launch from the ground in train mode and then turn into the shuttle just as he drove the train off the cliff to then fly away. Overall nice robot mode. Problem: the gun is purple! Why is it not black which is what would look 10 times better? And why are his eyes yellow? Shouldn't decepticons have the red eyes?

Astrotrain's gun has always been purple, and his toy eyes are yellow - Classics doesn't strictly follow cartoon colours, that's why Grimlock has red eyes like in every other incarnation of him (except the original cartoon, since the cartoon version of him sucks). Purple flows better with the rest of his purple, as he doesn't have much black.

Give Bumbles RID Prime's gun - perfect.

Alt prime has a very chunky look to his form which just doesn't suit him.

MP Prime isn't even in the same scale, and isn't a part of the line. Alt Prime wasn't Hasbro's intention, they wanted him to be a different character, but Takara insisted.

(in the original movie, Prime even hits some kind of thrusters to get some lift as he transforms)).

Yeah. And it was AWESOME!.

It is nice that they're considering a transformation that doesn't require rocket boosters.

Or origami, since a lot of times in the cartoon they just sort of morphed without leaping up. Wait a second...

Out of all of the movie toys that Leader Class Prime is a definate buy for me. He just looks awesome. Much better than the Voyager and Basic versions.

Heh. They should have just made Classics Jetfire into Darkwing, at least their alt modes would be similar. Darkwing was base on the Panavia Tornado, had swing wings, and combined with Dreadwind.

Why they went with Dreadwind is beyond me. It just would have made more sense mold wise and homage wise to go with Darkwing.

Completely off track:

Has anybody purchased Revoltech Optimus or Megatron?

Worth $22?

I don't have Megs, but i do have OPs and he's awesome. He's not transformable like THS-02 was granted... but for what they are, he is the single most poseable figure based on Transformer out there. Other than his hands having fixed poses, he has a range of movements that allow to hold some very dyanmic poses without assitance. I was reading that Megs in fact has 2 extra joints as opposed to Prime and can pull off even more poses. For $22 i think they're worth it, but i'm sure there's other who might feel differently.

Edited by Veritas