Transformers Super Thread 5

So why is it that the 20th Anniv. Prime has tiny nubs for smoke stakes and the new Prime has fully erect stakes? Did children suddenly become less likely to poke their eyes out?

Hollywood Prime's stacks are bendy rubber. Very hard for children to break or poke out their eyes with. On the other hand there's a hell of alot of kibbly bits all over Hollywood Prime(shoulder pads, knees, back).

So much gray

Where is DA CHROME??????

All the parts you would chrome rub against something. The chrome would be gone in a week.

Interesting how the movie version is more imposing in truck form, but much shorter in robot form.

Looks like a pile of crap next to MP Prime. :rolleyes:

He does not! You on the otherhand look like a pile of crap next to MP Prime. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, I've never been a fan of 'collector toys' like Alternators, Masterpiece stuff or reissues. Technically impressive, but too dull and lacking in creativity.

I admire the posability, but the design of the Prime just ruins it. Too many hanging pieces.

He ruins himself? Edited by Fit For Natalie

Deluxes have been officially released (according to Hasbro, though some stores are refusing to put them on pegs), others have to wait until June, but Hasbro doesn't really care, so it depends on if a store doesn't care either and they've run out of Classics.

I saw the entire wave 1 at a Target today.

Picked up a Brawl today. Tank mode is absolutely fantastic, and very real looking, and the turrets even rotate. Bot mode looks pretty good, too, but the shoulder problem really sucks the fun out of it. It's so annoying when Hasbro has a damn near perfect TF on their hands that is marred by one tiny flaw of engineering that could have very easily been avoided or fixed.

Still, even with the shoulders not locking into place it's a great little transforming tank. And one thing I found interesting is that he's made of a different plastic than most TFs, one that seems to be the same plastic Yamato uses for their 1/48 valks and 1/12 Votoms toys. More of a soft, matte plastic.

I think this guy would be really great if done in a larger size, and they'd be able to use a better locking system for the shoulders.

I think this guy would be really great if done in a larger size, and they'd be able to use a better locking system for the shoulders.

Brawl is definitely on my buy list.

So far, I can only find protoforms near me( picked up Turdimus Prime for lack of choice).

Anyway, I've heard that the box of Ultimate bumblebee shows a pic of leader Brawl.

I can't wait for any updates on this one.

Edit: meh_cd just got the pic above. It IS a leader class!!

Edited by konimon

I just got Bumblebee and Barricade from Amazon, I like 'em, they don't feel like the usual transformers, which is different and I'm starting to like it.

I was worried about the windows on Bumblebee being decals but they're actually painted on so PHEW one less thing to worry about.

And transforming them is so simple you really don't need instructions......now to mess with Megatron.

Got a little bored this morning and had energy to use up, so I looked at the box and the figure for bumblebee, and I noticed his face wasn't painted right....since it was a color I had I went ahead and silvered up the rest of his face in the spots like his box figure picture.....so now he's more accurate.......hmmmm I may repaint his lil missiles to match as well......mer who knows.

I do like the figures though.

Edited by Hikuro

Deluxes have been officially released (according to Hasbro, though some stores are refusing to put them on pegs), others have to wait until June, but Hasbro doesn't really care, so it depends on if a store doesn't care either and they've run out of Classics.

I saw the entire wave 1 at a Target today.

I stopped at a local Super Target last night and they had a whole section of an isle cleared off and all the pegs and price labels have been put up for where all the movie stuff is suppose to go. Looking back I should have asked when the stuff was going to be put out on the shelf. :(

Any other character beside prime and brawl as leader class? I think I may hold off on some of the smaller sized stuff based on that.

Seriously though, I've never been a fan of 'collector toys' like Alternators, Masterpiece stuff or reissues. Technically impressive, but too dull and lacking in creativity.

I love the alts. Superior posability to the older toys, great details like steering wheels, gear sticks, doors that open, rubber tyres, etc, complex transformations, and the look of them as a robot and vehicle. Just needs more accessories though. When viewed as a car, it would be very hard for someone to know it transformed. (no head sticking out the back of the rear window like say classics bumblebee)

In fact I think the movie should have just gone the alternator route with close ties to the cartoon in terms of story (from the point of view of the autobots escaping from cybertron) and I would be happy.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Any other character beside prime and brawl as leader class? I think I may hold off on some of the smaller sized stuff based on that.

Leader class versions of Prime, Megatron and Brawl have been shown so far. There is an unconfirmed rumor of a Starscream as well.

AHA! I finally did it! I finally freakin transformed Megatron into a P38! I had to study the manual and really look at the toy itself and go "Okay, so these tabs will fit there if I....*click* YEAH! k.........step 48......"

I can't get the back end to snap into the handle, but it really doesn't matter, he still looks good up close......all in all, this is a pain in the damn ass to transform and he will RARELY ever transform into a gun unless I get his "perfect" form parts.

I was in Target today and they had three leader class Optimus Primes. The toy looks pretty cool. But not 45 bucks worth of cool. The shelf above it was cleared aswell with the price tags up. For a moment It looked like the store was hit by a scalper heading towards ebay.

If anybody is interested Hasbrotoyshop.com has a discount going right now for 25% off + Free shipping. FNFSPR7. The code expires tommorow, May 28th.

To bad the movie toys want be available for order until June 2!

Not only that, but ifyou order them off Hasbrotoyshop.com, the figures wont even ship out until Monday, June 4th.

So unless on June 4th, not a single store has any movie toys, your better off going retail somewhere.

Or like I did, go Amazon.com

Scalping movie toys at this date is really pointless. In 6 days, *every* store in the *world* is going to have *tons* of every figure. Any scalper is either deluded, or going to end up with piles of unsold stuff to take back. And with gas prices as they are, he's just wasting his own money.

Wow, seems the Kiss version of Rodimus is out of stock everywhere. I know there's an Alternator's version coming, but I'm not big on the way they're doing the G1 style flames, plus I really wanted him to have the fishing pole and it does not seem the Alt version will have that. That puts a damper on my weekend. I was all set to order him.

I love the alts. Superior posability to the older toys, great details like steering wheels, gear sticks, doors that open, rubber tyres, etc, complex transformations, and the look of them as a robot and vehicle. Just needs more accessories though. When viewed as a car, it would be very hard for someone to know it transformed. (no head sticking out the back of the rear window like say classics bumblebee)

In fact I think the movie should have just gone the alternator route with close ties to the cartoon in terms of story (from the point of view of the autobots escaping from cybertron) and I would be happy.

Realism and official licensing is both the strength and downfall of Alternators/Binaltech, because basically they needed to design the robot in a way to keep the manufacturers happy, and that likely means hood chests, since its a prominent way to show what car it is. Thing is, most of the toys in the line look like that, and it starts to become 'generic car robot line'.

Alternators has limited mass-market appeal, too, and are way too complicated for kids and casual fans to transform. Transformer toys should be fun and intuitive to transform, not frustrating.

Wow, seems the Kiss version of Rodimus is out of stock everywhere. I know there's an Alternator's version coming, but I'm not big on the way they're doing the G1 style flames, plus I really wanted him to have the fishing pole and it does not seem the Alt version will have that. That puts a damper on my weekend. I was all set to order him.

I would prefer some new snap on pipe blasters. Fishing pole is abit too 'anime cute', even if he was fishing with a completely different person in the non-sexual American continuity. Edited by Fit For Natalie

Realism and official licensing is both the strength and downfall of Alternators/Binaltech, because basically they needed to design the robot in a way to keep the manufacturers happy, and that likely means hood chests, since its a prominent way to show what car it is. Thing is, most of the toys in the line look like that, and it starts to become 'generic car robot line'.

Alternators has limited mass-market appeal, too, and are way too complicated for kids and casual fans to transform. Transformer toys should be fun and intuitive to transform, not frustrating.

In a way being generic car robots, isn't such a bad thing for me as the car robots were my fave. :D I never liked the other stuff like animals (beast wars) and whole cities turning into robots. (exception being the dinobots. For some reason they remind me of zoids)

Maybe what they need to do is make a series of alts that isn't designed to appeal to people who are so caring about the accuracy to the manufacturer and instead make some alts that are of made up cars? (like g1 classics?)

Just have the similar level of details and have more fun with varying how they transform from alt mode to car modes.

Complex transformations only seem complex the first time you do anything. I remember as a kid trying to transform dinobots how long it took me to figure it out. But once I knew where everything went I actually appreciated the complexity of it as a toy. Do kids really care how easy it is to transform something? I think this is just an assumption because people think kids are dumb and don't want a challenge at trying to figure out anything for themselves. Although the alts are not aimed at kids, I think people should encourage kids to try to solve it like a puzzle and pay attention to the instructions the same way they would need to when building a lego or model. These may be useful skills for them growing up anyway. :p

I consider myself a casual TF fan but at the same time wants good overall appearance of the robots and car mode. Normally I haven't shown that much interest in the TF since the alts. It might be because I had bad memories of TF in the past not being as articulated as I had liked. Not living up to what they should look like in comics and toons.

I would prefer some new snap on pipe blasters. Fishing pole is abit too 'anime cute', even if he was fishing with a completely different person in the non-sexual American continuity.

Yep me too. Although we all see him fish in the movie, I would rather go for more weapons over useless stuff. I think all the alts needed more weapons but that is just me.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Well, they made the fishing pole, and I wanted the fishing pole, but now it appears difficult if not impossible to obtain. That's really all I was saying. We can toss around differing opinions all day.