Transformers Super Thread 5

That's where I got my Leader Prime; it was the last one at the Super Target I was at and the two Wal-marts I went to had none, in fact one of the two Wal-mart Super Centers I went to had absolutley NO Transformer Movie merchandise out! :wacko: But yeah, when I picked it up I thought the thing was suppose to be $39.95.

Target's pricing for leaders is $44.95. This may have been the same with the Cybertron Leaders in the beginning as well. Tomorrow apparently everything is 10% off, Robovision Prime will be $19.99, and the deluxes will be $7.99

I want to buy the Voice helmet, it looks awesome and fun. How much is that thing?

I plan on getting a few of the deluxes, some of the voyagers, most of the real gears, wait for Megatron to see if he gets repainted and same with Prime.

As said earlier, I've warmed up to Starscream, and its best to look at him from above. The kibble underneath is the biggest weakness but other than that its okay and not the worst jet transformer(I did realize there have been worse). Energon Starscream is actually the worse F-22 transformer. Its ironic that I say this as I may have said the exact opposite months back.

Articulation in robot mode is great, but the upper thighs are hindered due to their shape. It does not affect it much however.

He comes off looking menacing and very imposing, I was surprised at how big the robot mode actually is. The transformation is GREAT. The automorph is very cool. Basically the middle of the fueselage collapses to form a broad chest.

I was originally going to wait for Thundercracker but I went ahead and got Starscream. I will still buy Thundercracker. Both are unique enough to be appreciated on their own. I am also a sucker for Thundercracker's paint scheme, and his head remold is cool, so theres at least 2 major differences going for him to set him apart.

As it stands, my main complaints with Starscream are:

1-bottom kibble

2-lack of retractable landing gear

3-I wish he was in grey

Other than that I am satisfied, and it really isn't the worst jet transformer. I do hope we get a leader class Starscream with what I said above implemented. This is just one of those transformers you've really got to transform to appreciate. Those of you who thought Classics Jetfire or any of the Classics seekers were too basic and simple to transform will like this. Hell, those of you who thought any of the recent jet transformers were too simple to transform, will like transforming this.

SS really needs a leader-class toy. From looking at pics, the dexluxe's undercarriage is partially explained by transformation---in the movie, the sides of the intakes are the sides of his chest/upper abs---but on the toy, they're his thighs! He's already got a complex transformation, but it's still compromised a lot more than any other I think. A leader-class (or even Ultimate) is really needed to do his transformation justice. So long as they get rid of the gatling-gimmick, and don't make it even worse with light-up missiles, etc. I'd pay more for a really accurately-complexly-transforming movie SS than I would for MP SS.

The only ones that I've been impressed with so far, are the Real Gear figures. We bought the cell phone and the Lazerbeak look alike today, and the only problem is that the cell phone's legs tend to pop off during transformation. However, they look pretty cool and they're only 7 bucks.

Not sure if any will later on, but the next cartoon "Heroes", does not. Its more of a styalized retro look for "Heroes".

Heroes was just the working name. I believe the series is actually called Transformers Animated (to differentiate itself from the movie).

SS really needs a leader-class toy. From looking at pics, the dexluxe's undercarriage is partially explained by transformation---in the movie, the sides of the intakes are the sides of his chest/upper abs---but on the toy, they're his thighs! He's already got a complex transformation, but it's still compromised a lot more than any other I think. A leader-class (or even Ultimate) is really needed to do his transformation justice. So long as they get rid of the gatling-gimmick, and don't make it even worse with light-up missiles, etc. I'd pay more for a really accurately-complexly-transforming movie SS than I would for MP SS.

SHADDAP LIGHT UP STUFF IS COOL. Edited by Fit For Natalie

I'm going to airshows all this weekend, and the stores here adhered tightly to the Jun 2 release date, so I won't be able to buy anything until Monday or so. That said:

What's the best toy besides Leader Prime? I am definitely getting a Leader Prime mold (plan to wait for a repaint) but want to get SOMETHING now. How's Ironhide? (I'm not getting the SS that's available--I'll wait for a bigger/better mold, or if that never comes, the Thundercracker repaint)

Of the voyager class ones I'd say the best are either Ironhide or ratchet. I know some people have been complaining about Ironhides shoulders, but I think its because they're not pushing them down far enough. If you look at the box the hood is pushed down so that its pretty much laying flat on his shoulders, not at an angle. Of course this leaves a gap in the middle of the chest.

Floating shoulders

IPB Image

Shoulders pushed down flat as shown on the box.

IPB Image

Ratchet is pure love. Solid on both modes, looks pretty mean and tough as a bot and pretty realistic as a vehicle. I suppose the only real down side is the puke green color he's molded in.

Edited by GobotFool

Target's pricing for leaders is $44.95. This may have been the same with the Cybertron Leaders in the beginning as well. Tomorrow apparently everything is 10% off, Robovision Prime will be $19.99, and the deluxes will be $7.99

I want to buy the Voice helmet, it looks awesome and fun. How much is that thing?

I plan on getting a few of the deluxes, some of the voyagers, most of the real gears, wait for Megatron to see if he gets repainted and same with Prime.

As said earlier, I've warmed up to Starscream, and its best to look at him from above. The kibble underneath is the biggest weakness but other than that its okay and not the worst jet transformer(I did realize there have been worse). Energon Starscream is actually the worse F-22 transformer. Its ironic that I say this as I may have said the exact opposite months back.

Articulation in robot mode is great, but the upper thighs are hindered due to their shape. It does not affect it much however.

He comes off looking menacing and very imposing, I was surprised at how big the robot mode actually is. The transformation is GREAT. The automorph is very cool. Basically the middle of the fueselage collapses to form a broad chest.

I was originally going to wait for Thundercracker but I went ahead and got Starscream. I will still buy Thundercracker. Both are unique enough to be appreciated on their own. I am also a sucker for Thundercracker's paint scheme, and his head remold is cool, so theres at least 2 major differences going for him to set him apart.

As it stands, my main complaints with Starscream are:

1-bottom kibble

2-lack of retractable landing gear

3-I wish he was in grey

Other than that I am satisfied, and it really isn't the worst jet transformer. I do hope we get a leader class Starscream with what I said above implemented. This is just one of those transformers you've really got to transform to appreciate. Those of you who thought Classics Jetfire or any of the Classics seekers were too basic and simple to transform will like this. Hell, those of you who thought any of the recent jet transformers were too simple to transform, will like transforming this.

I have to agree about starscream. I thought I was going to hate him. as a display peice yeah, he's nothing to shout about, but after fiddling with him, he is a really fun toy. Actually, something I have to say about all of the new movie toys is that while some do look better than others, all of them are alot of fun to play with. The only one thats really given my any grief is Blackout. His damn chest will never line up properly in vehicle mode because of the way his automorph feature is designed. Also he doesn't snap togeather very snugly. Oh well. All I need to find is leader class megs and I'm finished with this wave. When does the 2nd wave come out? the one with the 2008 Camero?

Edited by GobotFool

Here was my loot today.

Leader Class Prime..I love this toy. My favorite so far!

2 pack deluxe Walmart Bumblebee and Barricade. Cool set and it saves you a few bucks. I like both of these figures.

Voyager Ironhide. I like this figure but man he was a PITA to get into bot mode. I thought I was gonna break it trying to get the waist part to lock in.

Anyone get Jazz? I am waiting to hear more feedback on him. I didnt see any Leader Megatron or Voyager Megatrons for that matter.

Was at Wally World this morning, they had Ratchet, the Bumblebee/Barricade 2 pack, the Playschool chibis, Bumblebee/Optimus Battle somethinoranothers and the "wrong" Prime mask.

Not to mention 3,000 shelf warming protoforms.

I was quite disappointed.

What's the best toy besides Leader Prime? I am definitely getting a Leader Prime mold (plan to wait for a repaint) but want to get SOMETHING now. How's Ironhide? (I'm not getting the SS that's available--I'll wait for a bigger/better mold, or if that never comes, the Thundercracker repaint)

I'm too holding out for the rumoured Takara made leaderclass Starscream, for pretty much the same reason.

The most impressive toy I've seen on the net is deluxe '08 Bumblebee.

Looks like a far better representation than '74 Bumblebee deluxe does, while incorporating a neat gun and good poseability.

He looks great, especially for a toy that size/price.

If I'd get only one toy of the movie line it would've been that one.

I think that the Ironhide picture on the box has the shoulders flat since the prototype used probably lacks the springs. I don't mind the floating shoulders. The angled look is what first caught my eye on this toy. I don't like that you have to rely on the springs to keep the shoulders at the proper angle. One side on mine likes to sag. I've had some success using the doors to keep the shoulders in a specific position.

I picked up Leader Prime, Robovision Prime and the TRU Blackout/Scorponok pack yesterday. I'll probably return them all and get Leader Prime on Amazon since I can get if for $10 after using some rewards certificates. Leader Prime looks to be the most fun and well worth $10. I like the silver on RV Prime but I don't like the bright blue and lack of gold on the truck. I was looking forward to Blackout. I'm much less interested now that I've seen him. The robot mode seems small and I don't like the color.

Edited by Matt Random

I have to agree about starscream. I thought I was going to hate him. as a display peice yeah, he's nothing to shout about, but after fiddling with him, he is a really fun toy. Actually, something I have to say about all of the new movie toys is that while some do look better than others, all of them are alot of fun to play with. The only one thats really given my any grief is Blackout. His damn chest will never line up properly in vehicle mode because of the way his automorph feature is designed. Also he doesn't snap togeather very snugly. Oh well. All I need to find is leader class megs and I'm finished with this wave. When does the 2nd wave come out? the one with the 2008 Camero?

Actually wave 2 is already out in a way, Ironhide, and Screamer are part of wave 2, as is Megatron. Not sure when the 2008 Camaro will be out but I would say july-august.

I am beginning to think Blackout might be retooled in a later run. Seems that EVERYONE's Blackout has a easily dislodged automorph gimmick. This seems to be a problem across the board.

I also noticed a inadvertent homage on Starscream. Mounting his missles on the missle holders in robot mode makes it reminiscent of how the g1 seekers had arm null ray cannons. Kind of cool. In this way, he has arm cannons, claws, and a tripple barreled gatling gun for hands.

Guest sh002

I bought Leader class Prime.

IPB Image IPB Image

how close to scale are these to each other? why is g1 optimus taller if they chose that truck for movie optimus so that he could be taller? man if they added some movie kibble and contours on g1 optimus, how badass would that have looked in a movie?

Edited by sh002

I do agree on a leader or ultimate size class figure. I still hope we get a leader version. I want something flush and sleek and looking like an ordinary F-22 in alt mode with no hint of it being a transformer. A leader or ultimate could accomplish this. It makes me wonder why Brawl has a leader size class figure, but not Starscream. Starscream's popular enough to justify it....

Takara still has not shown their Starscream officially so I hold hope that there is a bigger version down the line.

I enjoy my voyager version a lot more than I thought I would, its a good toy, but a leader one would be a must buy.

The voyager line really suprised me in my expectations of who I thought I was going to love and who I was going to hate. Rachet is my favorite, looks great in both modes, very solid feeling overall. It's a tie between starscream and Ironhide but for different reasons. Starscream I was expecting to absolutly hate. but after handling him I found that, despite his chunky fighter mode, he was alot of fun to play with, and his bot mode, while strange actually looks pretty cool once you get used to it. Ironhide looks great all around, but his shoulders are really fiddily and his head is set a little to far back on his body. All this becomes forgiveable if you pose him apropriatly. Ironhide was made to give him a hunched shoulder look (the whole design, not just the toy), so you have to pose his arms in an appropriate manner, otherwise he looks like he's shrugging and not hunching his arms back agressivly. once I worked that out I became happy with him. But it was annoying I had to sit there for 1/2 an hour fiddling with him to get him to look just the way I wanted him to. Blackout looks nice in bot mode (though a tad small) but his coptor mode, at least mine is very loose and doesn't lock togeather very well.

Here is how I rank the voyagers

Most fun to play with: Rachet and Starscream. Very solid, everything locks togeather, complex without being overly fiddily, unlike Ironhide and Blackout who take alot of effort to transform back and forth correctly.

Best vehicle mode: Ironhide and Rachet, pretty much look exactly how they should look as vehicles. Starscream makes the original macross plus toys by yamato look sleak, and blackout just doesn't hold togeather well.

Best bot mode. This is hard for me. I think all of them look good in bot mode. I'd say Ratchet is better than Ironhide only because he is less fiddily, but once you figure out the proper tweaks for ironhide, he, in terms of raw looks has the best bot mode. Blackout also looks very imposing in robot mode, but he's way to small!!! They need to make a leaderclass blackout! Starscream is just weird looking. But in a good way, he is very agressive looking, with his broad chest, and massive gorilla like arms. So yeah he's grown on me, and I like him alot.

I do agree on a leader or ultimate size class figure. I still hope we get a leader version. I want something flush and sleek and looking like an ordinary F-22 in alt mode with no hint of it being a transformer. A leader or ultimate could accomplish this. It makes me wonder why Brawl has a leader size class figure, but not Starscream. Starscream's popular enough to justify it....

Takara still has not shown their Starscream officially so I hold hope that there is a bigger version down the line.

I enjoy my voyager version a lot more than I thought I would, its a good toy, but a leader one would be a must buy.

I'm kind of hoping we'll see a leader class/ultimate blackout as well, something that might even be able to carry the deluxe Scorponock the same way the voyager carries that crappy little gummy Scorponock it comes with. I was going to beg for a voyager BB, but from what I have seen of the 2008 camero deluxe, there is no need.

Edited by GobotFool

The voyager line really suprised me in my expectations of who I thought I was going to love and who I was going to hate. Rachet is my favorite, looks great in both modes, very solid feeling overall. It's a tie between starscream and Ironhide but for different reasons. Starscream I was expecting to absolutly hate. but after handling him I found that, despite his chunky fighter mode, he was alot of fun to play with, and his bot mode, while strange actually looks pretty cool once you get used to it. Ironhide looks great all around, but his shoulders are really fiddily and his head is set a little to far back on his body. All this becomes forgiveable if you pose him apropriatly. Ironhide was made to give him a hunched shoulder look (the whole design, not just the toy), so you have to pose his arms in an appropriate manner, otherwise he looks like he's shrugging and not hunching his arms back agressivly. once I worked that out I became happy with him. But it was annoying I had to sit there for 1/2 an hour fiddling with him to get him to look just the way I wanted him to. Blackout looks nice in bot mode (though a tad small) but his coptor mode, at least mine is very loose and doesn't lock togeather very well.

Here is how I rank the voyagers

Most fun to play with: Rachet and Starscream. Very solid, everything locks togeather, complex without being overly fiddily, unlike Ironhide and Blackout who take alot of effort to transform back and forth correctly.

Best vehicle mode: Ironhide and Rachet, pretty much look exactly how they should look as vehicles. Starscream makes the original macross plus toys by yamato look sleak, and blackout just doesn't hold togeather well.

Best bot mode. This is hard for me. I think all of them look good in bot mode. I'd say Ratchet is better than Ironhide only because he is less fiddily, but once you figure out the proper tweaks for ironhide, he, in terms of raw looks has the best bot mode. Blackout also looks very imposing in robot mode, but he's way to small!!! They need to make a leaderclass blackout! Starscream is just weird looking. But in a good way, he is very agressive looking, with his broad chest, and massive gorilla like arms. So yeah he's grown on me, and I like him alot.

I feel the exact same way about Starscream. I don't have Ironhide yet, but the reviews all led me to believe he was the best of the line in many ways. What are these improvizations you speak of? For example how do you get his arms to look "right"? I plan on seeing the movie first before I buy him. There is a red repaint of him rumored to come out, definitely a g1 homage, but I'm waiting to see how that one looks, and how much he kicks ass in the movie to decide. If he kicks a ton of ass in the movie, then I will probably go with the black one. I heard Ironhide's automorph panels/parts don't lock into place and kind of dangle, like his leg panels, and thats annoying. I hope it isn't too bad and that theres at least some way to hold it in place.

I hope they fix Blackout soon, I've been looking forward to him since I saw the leaked prototypes.

I hate myself for this...

I'm seriously considering buying a trio of the digicam 'bots and claiming they're Reflector.

The real gears look awesome. I plan on buying most of them. Microchange homage FTW!

I I don't have Ironhide yet, but the reviews all led me to believe he was the best of the line in many ways. What are these improvizations you speak of? For example how do you get his arms to look "right"?

I wouldn't call them improvisations. Some figures look best in a neutral pose, arms straight, legs straight, nice upright curve to the spine. Some figures, because of the way they are molded, need to be posed more dramatically. Ironhide is such a figure. The V shape of Ironhide’s chest/shoulderpads makes it seem like his shoulders are raised. If you put him in a neutral pose this makes him appear as if he is shrugging. (At least I think it does!) But if you just raise the arms outward to a more dramatic degree, and bend them at the elbows it looks like he is pumping iron, or straining his servos to raise those huge guns of his! Bend his knees, lean him forward and spread his legs wide in an A-stance and it gives him an aggressive hunched over look that suits the figure well. I do not know if that makes any sense but that is how I feel Ironhide looks best. The only reason I spent so much time fiddling with the pose to get him right is because I generally pose all my transformers in plain vanilla neutral poses, as most transformer toys look silly (at least to me) when posed more dramatically.

Edited by GobotFool

I wouldn't call them improvizations. Some figures look best in neutral poses. Arms straight, legs straight, nice upright curve to the spine. Some figures, because of the way they are molded, need to be posed more dramatically. Ironhide is such a figure. The V shape of Ironhide's chest/shoulderpads make it seem that his shoulders are raised. If you put him in a neutral pose this makes him look like he's shrugging. (at least I think it does!) But if you just pull the arms outward to a more dramatic degree, and bend them at the elbows it looks like he's pumping iron, or straining his servos to raise those huge guns of his! Bend his knees, lean him forward and spread his legs wide in an A-stance and it gives him a super agressive hunched over look that suits the figure well. I don't know if that makes any sense but thats how I feel Ironhide looks best. The only reason I spent so much time fiddling with the pose to get him right is because I just generally pose all my transformers in kind of plain vanilla neutral poses, as most transformer toys look silly (at least to me) when posed more dramatically.

I wish that Ironhide had a ball jointed neck so that I could tilt the head back in addition to everything you've suggested above. A lot of the movie designs have an animal or insect like quality. Ironhide really reminds me of a bull and that look lends itself to aggressive poses.

Why do so many of these figures lack ball jointed necks? Barricade has no neck movement at all! Leader Prime should have ball jointed hands - or swivels at least. There is nothing complex about how the hands transform so I don't see why the articulation is limited. Actually, a lot of movie figures have what I'd call short cuts in the design. They almost seem rushed. I wonder if Hasbro had a really aggressive schedule for the toys due to the movie designs being finalized late or something like that. Or maybe Hasbro just stretched the design team too thin with the Fast Action Battlers, the pull back stuff, the little Hero stuff, the roleplay stuff and the various other side-lines.

I wish that Ironhide had a ball jointed neck so that I could tilt the head back in addition to everything you've suggested above. A lot of the movie designs have an animal or insect like quality. Ironhide really reminds me of a bull and that look lends itself to aggressive poses.

Why do so many of these figures lack ball jointed necks? Barricade has no neck movement at all! Leader Prime should have ball jointed hands - or swivels at least. There is nothing complex about how the hands transform so I don't see why the articulation is limited. Actually, a lot of movie figures have what I'd call short cuts in the design. They almost seem rushed. I wonder if Hasbro had a really aggressive schedule for the toys due to the movie designs being finalized late or something like that. Or maybe Hasbro just stretched the design team too thin with the Fast Action Battlers, the pull back stuff, the little Hero stuff, the roleplay stuff and the various other side-lines.

Takara, as usual, engineered the toys and they did say in the japanese hobby mags that they encountered difficulty engineering the movie toys. The fact that the CGI was changing even just a few months before the movie was hitting didn't help either. Work on the toys was started in 2005.

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

Takara, as usual, engineered the toys and they did say in the japanese hobby mags that they encountered difficulty engineering the movie toys. The fact that the CGI was changing even just a few months before the movie was hitting didn't help either. Work on the toys was started in 2005.

Still, some ball jointed necks would be nice. I agree, Ironhide needs a ball jointed neck badly. Again. I hope the movie does really well, so more adult oriented transforming figures are made.

True. I agree. Up until this point I had no idea Ironhide lacked a ball jointed neck.

I don't think any of the voyagers have ball jointed necks. I find this odd, as aren't those basic ball and socket joints cheaper the other varieties?

I don't think any of the voyagers have ball jointed necks. I find this odd, as aren't those basic ball and socket joints cheaper the other varieties?

I think they are. Ball jointed heads would have been great, more aggressive looking. It would have definitely helped Starscream. I'm still amazed at it, this is the biggest $20 Transformer I have bought in a WHILE! Bigger than Classics Jetfire in robot mode.

Also on Starscream, I haven't seen anyone point this out and hell I thought this was just mud before looking closely, but, his EYES are detailed! They look like the ones on the box! From far away they just look like insectoid amber light piped eyes. But look closely! They detailed pupils and the line that splits the eye in half horizontally on the actual mold! It resembles the box art. Its tiny and you can't see it until you look up close. It shocked me and I think its a pretty nifty surprise. Now taking a picture of it will be hard as hell though.

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

Speaking of ball joints...

Why the HELL is Hasbro ignoring the ones on Barricade's arms that let you flip the front quarter-panels down. He looks infinitely better without them jutting up like they keep illustrating him.

Right now I've got Barricade and Not-Lazerbeak.

Kinda wishing I'd held off on Barricade for a little while. See if a Voyager mold pops up. Something with, I dunno, hands maybe.

But he's still neat, head excepted(I REALLY hate most of the movie heads).

I don't think you guys should take the Leader Starscream or Voyager Bonecrusher as gospel until Hasbro and/or Takara say something or a test shot is leaked.

I don't think Takara really cares about the movie or the movie line especially not enough to start doing exclusive figures in other size classes. That's why their packaging is almost exactly the same as Hasbro's, and the ONLY different toy is 1974 Bumblebee, who has clear windows.

Plus, only HLJ have listed this mysterious Leader Starscream and Voyager Bonecrusher. Might as well not get our hopes up until we see something or a more reliable source confirms it.

Blackout - the farting gear mechnism in his chest pops out of alignment easily so he ends up not transforming back into vehicle mode correctly. And yeah, the pegs don't have enough friction to hold his legs up in vehicle mode.

The 2008 Bumblebee is Wave 3, I believe, with Arcee and Dreadwing. Might be late June or early July.

how close to scale are these to each other? why is g1 optimus taller if they chose that truck for movie optimus so that he could be taller? man if they added some movie kibble and contours on g1 optimus, how badass would that have looked in a movie?

Even though you're asking me, David would be far more knowledgable :p

They are not in scale. Movie Prime's Peterbilt 379 is considerably larger than 20th Anniversary Prime's Fake Made Up Truck that looks abit like the Freightliner FL86. G1 Prime is alot taller because they designed him as a robot first, so he has gigantic robot long legs sticking out the back of the truck.

Different scales aside, the reason why 20th Prime is taller is because he simply stands up in robot mode. Movie Leader Prime's front and back ends of the truck come together to make his legs. In the movie CGI it transforms differently, with the back end becoming his legs and the front becoming his arms and chest.

From what I've been told, Movie Prime's Peterbilt is simply the largest truck you can get in North America.

I got Movie-Prime yesterday at wallymart. He was the only toy worth it among the other movie-toys, imho. Both for the size and the price ($40). Fwiw, the only other negative (other than the need-chrome/need-diecast stuff) was that his waist doesn't pivot or swivel. Other than that, Movie-Prime is really quite kewl.

Blackout was about the only other movie-toy that looks kewl and stuff, but still too small and stuff for his $20. The other movie-toys were just damn fuglies. Saw Megs at Fry's, but he was just totally meh. Anyway, here are my pics of Movie-Prime with Alt-Prime and 20th-Anniv Prime:

IPB Image IPB Image

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

IPB Image IPB Image

:lol:

Edited by treatment

Went to Target today... they had a sh!tload of Protoform TFs still, one StarScream, two IronHides, a couple Robo-vision Primes (which I almost bought but then decided I did not need.) They also had the RealGear figures, which my little brother got all 6 of, the Cyber-Stompers, and all the stupider tie-in toys, along with all the movie tie-in repaints. No Jazz or the other larger figures (except one Leader Prime)... the one thing I did buy was the plush Prime, which is awesome. They had BB as well, and it's a nice plush toy, but I like Prime more... just wish his legs were slightly longer, but the transformation works great and it's adorable.

In short, MP Prime is out of scale with himself. He's kind of like a caricature of a semi. It's very semi-esque, but 100% of the effort went into the robot mode, and the truck is shaped how it needs to be for robot mode. He's not any scale at all, since different parts are different scales to each other.

Basically----he's permanently "anime magicked". Robot mode is how it should look, but truck mode has incorrectly-sized parts. MP Prime is so tall because sacrificing in truck mode just a little bit here, and a little bit there, goes to making robot mode just that much taller. Plus he has sliding-extending legs, which gives him a few inches right there.

I find interesting that movie prime truck is somewhat bigger than MP prime.

It reminds me of classics and original jetfire. Original is so much taller, yet they are similar size in jet mode. It's all about how they transform, I guess.

I don't think any transformers were designed with scale in mind tho.

BTW, TRU I went was having difficult time getting rid of those protoforms, no other deluxe...

They also had Cyber Slammers which sadly turn into the perfect example of "Korejanai Robo".

Sale bin had Real Gears though, I had to get all 6 of them. Microchange are back!

Camera one has a button click that feels just like Reflector/Microx which was nice.

Binocular one has great articulation. Only complain about these toys are their names.

(Speed Dial 800?? WTF? Are they out of their mind?)

KB toys, however, had great selection of Deluxe, Voyager and Leader toys.

I picked up Wreckage and Brawl. No need to explain how good these are.

I find interesting that movie prime truck is somewhat bigger than MP prime.

It reminds me of classics and original jetfire. Original is so much taller, yet they are similar size in jet mode. It's all about how they transform, I guess.

I don't think any transformers were designed with scale in mind tho.

BTW, TRU I went was having difficult time getting rid of those protoforms, no other deluxe...

They also had Cyber Slammers which sadly turn into the perfect example of "Korejanai Robo".

Sale bin had Real Gears though, I had to get all 6 of them. Microchange are back!

Camera one has a button click that feels just like Reflector/Microx which was nice.

Binocular one has great articulation. Only complain about these toys are their names.

(Speed Dial 800?? WTF? Are they out of their mind?)

KB toys, however, had great selection of Deluxe, Voyager and Leader toys.

I picked up Wreckage and Brawl. No need to explain how good these are.

Have you seen Leader class Brawl pics? He's on the back of the Ultimate Bumblebee box. Looks great!

Have you seen Leader class Brawl pics? He's on the back of the Ultimate Bumblebee box. Looks great!

Yes, I cannot wait for more pics of Leader Brawl. Leader Brawl and SS would be more properly scaled as they are tank and fighter jet.

I hacked this together a little bit ago to show how friggin huge an F-22 is. These pics are to scale:

An F-22 is about twice as long as a Peterbilt 379, but sheer size is several times greater.

Yes, I cannot wait for more pics of Leader Brawl. Leader Brawl and SS would be more properly scaled as they are tank and fighter jet.

A leaderclass Blackout would also be nice, or maybe because he's so big he could be an ultimate class.

I hacked this together a little bit ago to show how friggin huge an F-22 is. These pics are to scale:

An F-22 is about twice as long as a Peterbilt 379, but sheer size is several times greater.

Damn... they couldn't have made starscream somthing a little smaller? David, your the jet expert, can you make a scale chart of all the current fighters in service?