Transformers Super Thread 5

So true, the instructions are really crappy in general. like they don't tell you about the feet on Barricade......or how the shoulders need to be rotated and angled.

Mine have the feet...

They also have instructions to pull down on the feet to extend the legs. Which results in detached feet, but what the heck, let's do it anyways!

As far as the shoulders go... I think Hasbro is just unwilling to acknowledge that joint exists. They insist on leaving them up for the boxart and everything too.

On NotLazerbeak, they missed the hinge to angle the wings up. And forward.

Those 2 steps make him a LOT nicer looking.

The problem with Hasbro is, as soon as the toys go outside the team that developed them, in this case, Hasbro's Transformers team, it falls apart with bad posing, bad instructions, bad photos by people who have nothing to do with the toys whatsoever.

This is most notable during conventions where if the Hasbro booth's figures are transformed correctly and posed well, then its likely a member of Hasbro's TF design team did the booth display themselves. But if they're looking like a catalogue or official photo, probably somebody from marketing or sales did it.

It ain't bloody flourescent orange-red. Its just a brighter red. Your eyes need fixing. I've owned the thing for two weeks and it doesn't look fluro orangey red.

It's an intensely bright scarlet-red. The kind of red that is so eye-catching you normally only ever see it on toy water guns and the like intended to be sold to very young children as cheap impulse-purchases, and knock-offs. Giving it a "low-quality" vibe.

And the sheer translucence of that color when used in plastic, gives it another low-quality vibe. No, it's not see-through, but it's definitely not as nice-looking as utterly opaque red.

Plus the fact that the paint on the cab windows IS see-through, and looks bad/cheap. A $45 USD toy should not have the paint applied so thinly that you can see the underlying plastic.

PS--you know I know military colors well. I said flourescent red and I meant fluorescent red. "Fluorescent red, FS 29815". The color used on C-130's etc for rescue markings. It's a VERY bright and orangey red, so scarlet/orangey it's classified as an "other" color in the FS system, not a true red. DVD MP Prime and Leader Movie Prime are Fluorescent red. Most really bright reds are orange reds---sports cars are a good example of this. (Except Porsche, they have the bluest of the bright reds)

PS---Ironhide has fluorescent pink-orange turn signals.

It's an intensely bright scarlet-red. The kind of red that is so eye-catching you normally only ever see it on toy water guns and the like intended to be sold to very young children as cheap impulse-purchases, and knock-offs. Giving it a "low-quality" vibe.

And the sheer translucence of that color when used in plastic, gives it another low-quality vibe. No, it's not see-through, but it's definitely not as nice-looking as utterly opaque red.

Plus the fact that the paint on the cab windows IS see-through, and looks bad/cheap. A $45 USD toy should not have the paint applied so thinly that you can see the underlying plastic.

PS--you know I know military colors well. I said flourescent red and I meant fluorescent red. "Fluorescent red, FS 29815". The color used on C-130's etc for rescue markings. It's a VERY bright and orangey red, so scarlet/orangey it's classified as an "other" color in the FS system, not a true red. DVD MP Prime and Leader Movie Prime are Fluorescent red. Most really bright reds are orange reds---sports cars are a good example of this. (Except Porsche, they have the bluest of the bright reds)

PS---Ironhide has fluorescent pink-orange turn signals.

I honestly can't see it being that bright, but I'll take your word for it as I live in a cave. My Prime doesn't look anywhere near that orange.

I got Leader Prime which I really like, and Voyager Blackout and SS. Like them all alot but SS is just so fugly in alt mode. After Transforming him several times I think it would be FAIRLY easy to make a pretty accurate F-22 that can transform into the new Screamer. I hope they do make a leader class out of him cause the design really has grown on me and the Voyager class really doesn't to either mode any justise.....especially with those big Stupid gatling gun arm/hands!!!

Question is Blackout. in SH-53 mode, roughly in scale with MP SS?

Chris

Same thing with wolverines claws coming out of his skin rather than having those metal things implanted there. Yucky Hollywood.

This is super geeky, but if you read Weapon X by Barry Windsor-Smith you will see that the claws actually do come out of his skins, they just physically added little metal terminals the keep the skin apart later.

ouch. I always thought he had holes or something. So everytime you hear the "snikt!" it's cutting a bunch of holes in his flesh which then heals immediately after retraction? messy!

especially with those big Stupid gatling gun arm/hands!!!

Yeah I just can't get over how massive they have to be. I'm sure it has the effect of making him look all the more tough in robot mode but it spoils the look of the fighter imo.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

OT, but yes, Wolverine ripped open his own flesh every time he extended his claws. And it healed the moment they retracted. Until he got the nifty metal "sheaths" or whatever. They expounded on this a bit when Magneto ripped out his adamantium, and he had to go back to doing it the old way.

Same thing happens whenever Rogue uses his power, as she only gets the claws and healing, not the adamantium.

I strongly recommend if anyone has trouble picking a voyager to get Ratchet........he's so simple to transform back and forth in modes, and while his color isn't terrific, he's much more sturdy and articulated then most of the voyagers.

OT, but yes, Wolverine ripped open his own flesh every time he extended his claws. And it healed the moment they retracted. Until he got the nifty metal "sheaths" or whatever. They expounded on this a bit when Magneto ripped out his adamantium, and he had to go back to doing it the old way.

Yeah but you never see his blood on the blades so it wasn't obvious to me. heh For some hole that big you would expect to have blood dripping from his hand.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

When he lost his metal and just had bone claws, it was quite obvious and gruesome. Sometimes they'd show shredded skin dangling from the claws. (Again for Rogue, too)

Anyways, back to TFs. Saw a Ratchet for the first time today, and the Prime beach towel. (I actually want to buy the washcloths but haven't found them yet)

When he lost his metal and just had bone claws, it was quite obvious and gruesome. Sometimes they'd show shredded skin dangling from the claws. (Again for Rogue, too)

Anyways, back to TFs. Saw a Ratchet for the first time today, and the Prime beach towel. (I actually want to buy the washcloths but haven't found them yet)

They have washcloths? O.O Anyway, of all the deluxes I say the best mold is ratchet. Very solid and looks decent in both modes. I suppose the only downside is the awful yellow green he is molded in.

.... of all the deluxes I say the best mold is ratchet ....

I think you meant of all the "Voyager class" TFs.

:p

I've picked up several Deluxe class TFs: Brawl, Wreckage, Bonecrusher, & Barricade.

My fav is Wreckage - great mold and looks good in both modes.

B))

I;m impressed that the toys are on UK shelves as well- I think this is the first time I can remeber reading a TF thread where I could actually got out an buy (most of) the toys at the same time as the americans.

I bought Ratchet at the weekend- I think he's pretty nifty.

Edited by RFT

I got Leader Prime which I really like, and Voyager Blackout and SS. Like them all alot but SS is just so fugly in alt mode. After Transforming him several times I think it would be FAIRLY easy to make a pretty accurate F-22 that can transform into the new Screamer. I hope they do make a leader class out of him cause the design really has grown on me and the Voyager class really doesn't to either mode any justise.....especially with those big Stupid gatling gun arm/hands!!!

Question is Blackout. in SH-53 mode, roughly in scale with MP SS?

Chris

I think Starscream can be made better if you find new arms for him. I considered figuring out how to use FAB Starscream's arms, but they're way too small and unarticulated :(

I bought Barricade today. He's sexy in vehicle mode and evil in bot mode. EVIL!

I definatley had problems Transforming Voyager Ironhide due to the bad instructions. Leader Prime was easy though! Barricade and Bumblebee were easy too.

Now to find a Leader Megatron...

With all this wave of Transformer enthusiasm and the movie just a few weeks away, is there any official word on if MPC Starscream will see a US release? Perfect time to strike will the rod is hot. :) The movie Starscream $20 is just way too, er, "kibbly" for me in fighter mode! :p I want the Starscream by the Floating Head himself. :)

With all this wave of Transformer enthusiasm and the movie just a few weeks away, is there any official word on if MPC Starscream will see a US release? Perfect time to strike will the rod is hot. :) The movie Starscream $20 is just way too, er, "kibbly" for me in fighter mode! :p I want the Starscream by the Floating Head himself. :)

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=135630

US version. Cartoon Accurate paint apps though!!

I need to stop reading comments on other forums. "Those carbon streaks are incredibly realistic for this jet!"

Ararararrarrraaraaraagh!

*edit*

Say, I don't suppose the rumour mill has cooked up any possibility of an Alternator's Frenzy to go with Rumble? I realize Rumble isn't the most popular Alternator.

Edited by Radd

I picked up Bonecrusher and Barricade the other day. They get a big meh from me. I wanted to display Barricade in car mode, but apparently the robot parts under his car won't allow all four wheels to sit on the ground. It has three on the ground and one up in the air. *sigh* What the hell.

It's not the robot parts. I have a few TFs that tend to sit that way. It's usually possible to just twist them, to get them to sit level, without popping everything out of place. Works for my Barricade.

It's not the robot parts. I have a few TFs that tend to sit that way. It's usually possible to just twist them, to get them to sit level, without popping everything out of place. Works for my Barricade.

I agree. I had a similar problem with one of the front wheels.

Then, I've realized that I can adjust that by twisting front wheels inward or outward, kinda like adjusting the camber angle. Then I have 4 wheels perfectly leveled. I hope that helps.

Now, I'd like a BinalTech version of Barricade.

I picked up Bonecrusher and Barricade the other day. They get a big meh from me. I wanted to display Barricade in car mode, but apparently the robot parts under his car won't allow all four wheels to sit on the ground. It has three on the ground and one up in the air. *sigh* What the hell.

Think you misaligned the transformation - I got mine yesterday and its fine in vehicle mode

I saw those pictures too, but I wasn't sure if that was a fan job. If they get that to the US and it's cheap enough, I'll buy two! :D

Hopefully the carbon or oil streaks between the engines is toned down a bit (agree with David that that is over kill!), but I'm otherwise liking this finish over the Japanese release. Someone better tell Harmony Gold that a transforming jet fighter by Kawamori is hitting stateside! :p