Transformers Super Thread 5

I don't give a crap whether Starscream in realistic colours and weathering or not. I just wanted the tooling in his G1 colours, sold by Hasbro so I can hopefully obtain it easily.

I don't even care if it's realistic or not, I just want it to look good. I'm also fully willing to change my opinion if I see it in person and am impressed.

I recently saw the TF movie toys at the local WalMart and they look much better in person than any of the pictures I've seen online. Unfortunately, that's made me seriously reconsider not buying any. I do like how, if even just for practical reasons, the toys are somewhere between the movie designs and, say, the Alternators, as far as aesthetic style. Prime and Jazz look particularly good.

I'm also getting more optimistic about the movie. Everything I've seen lately makes it look as if the movie won't be taking itself overly serious, and will retain a lot of the quirkiness I enjoy from G1, Beast Wars, et all. Dropkick's toy bio is fantastic. Too bad he's not a movie character.

Thanks, Chewie!

I'm also getting more optimistic about the movie. Everything I've seen lately makes it look as if the movie won't be taking itself overly serious, and will retain a lot of the quirkiness I enjoy from G1, Beast Wars, et all. Dropkick's toy bio is fantastic. Too bad he's not a movie character.
Yeah, the movie has quite abit of cheesy action movie humour. Its kind of old-fashioned 80s action movie in a way.

Yeah, Dropkick's bio is great - he's an emo!

MP skywarp looks sweet. I think it would like pretty sweet displayed along with the stealth vf-1j.

Any news on if they improved the back/wing hinges? I'm afraid to transform SS at this point, since the big white stress marks along the engraved panel lines look fill me with dread.

Dammit all!

So I'm at Target today, the wife's looking at pillows for the futon, and sheets. Passing by the toy aisles, there's the movie Transformers toys. Prime looked decent enough so I was going to pick him up. I get him home, and wouldn't you know?

He's absolutely, incredibly fantastic. Worse yet, Ironhide and Jazz look pretty good, too.

My only hope is that the movie is terrible, putting me off from buying any more.

Dammit all!

So I'm at Target today, the wife's looking at pillows for the futon, and sheets. Passing by the toy aisles, there's the movie Transformers toys. Prime looked decent enough so I was going to pick him up. I get him home, and wouldn't you know?

He's absolutely, incredibly fantastic. Worse yet, Ironhide and Jazz look pretty good, too.

My only hope is that the movie is terrible, putting me off from buying any more.

I bought Starscream some weeks back and was amazed. I hear Jazz is the worst of the line, there were 2 reviews at tfwire.com and they suggested skipping it. I like the design so I will buy one, but am waiting to see if the final battle version is in metallic paint(seems like it is, and target's exclusive version is g1 colors).

Megatron doesn't even look that bad in person too.

I hear Jazz is the worst of the line, there were 2 reviews at tfwire.com and they suggested skipping it.

Megatron doesn't even look that bad in person too.

I generally think Blackout is the worst due to his design flaws and his inability to transform back into vehicle mode properly.

Megatron is abit back heavy for my taste and I wish he was painted silver like Cybertron Galvatron, but he's nowhere near as bad as some people claim. I've noted the harshest criticism is generally from people that haven't actually played with one.

I generally think Blackout is the worst due to his design flaws and his inability to transform back into vehicle mode properly.

Megatron is abit back heavy for my taste and I wish he was painted silver like Cybertron Galvatron, but he's nowhere near as bad as some people claim. I've noted the harshest criticism is generally from people that haven't actually played with one.

I'm of the different opinion. I hate the automorph gimmick for Blackout because it makes changing him back to vehicle fiddle but once it's done right he's rock solid in both modes.

Megatrons vehicle mode just sucks so much ass. Parts don't lock in(arms), legs are a bitch to get under the wings(and the instructions are useless) and to hide his head they flip a piece up that barely hides his nose. Bot modes not bad except for the neutered claw. Swapping the really strong spring from the "cannon" arm to the claw makes it so much better but now it's got a too short chain and the claw can't really fly.

Jesus, they actually put one of them (Bumblebee) in the popular and over-used hand-planted-legs-up Spiderman pose...

It's obvious they're trying very hard to appeal to the Superhero aesthetic here and not the traditional 'giant transforming robots' aesthetic. I just get the impression that it's going to be another generic superhero cartoon that they could plunk ANY character likeness into and it would be the same show.

Again though, I'm into the Transformers pretty much strictly for the toys so ultimately I don't care what the cartoon is like.

>Heroes

Looks like Beast Wars Sentai or something...

I am still interested to see toy designs tho.

I hope they are not trying to get away with PVC non-transformables...

Can someone do me a favor and tell me where I can find out the information on ALL the toys that are being released for the movie? I hear people talk of the Leader class Brawl and Final Battle Jazz, where are you getting this info from? Where are the pictures of the toys? Thanks!

Twich

Can someone do me a favor and tell me where I can find out the information on ALL the toys that are being released for the movie? I hear people talk of the Leader class Brawl and Final Battle Jazz, where are you getting this info from? Where are the pictures of the toys? Thanks!

Twich

TFW2005

Thanks to ams for putting up that huge list and constantly updating it.

Also Botcon is this weekend and starting on thursday all the major fan sites should be posting up coverage. Tfw2005.com usually has the best news and coverage, so definitely check them out.

Leader Brawl was seen advertised on the back of Ultimate Bumblebee's box. Final Battle Jazz is out in the same wave as Concept Camaro Bumblebee, Dropkick and Arcee(middle of next month). He has a mettalic paint job and new gun. However Target seems to be getting a version of their own in g1 colors.

WARNING

If anybody is interested in the Optimus Prime voice changer helmet, be aware there are two versions. An earlier release does not have Peter Cullen's voice. This packaging merely says 'TRY ME!' on the corner of the box.

The second version features Peter Cullen (the original and Movie Optimus Prime) saying the same lines. This one has 'TRY ME! Featuring the REAL movie voice!' on the corner of the box.

I went to TRU today and saw around six helmets in stock. Only one of them was labeled "TRY ME! Featuring the REAL movie voice!", yet all of them have Peter Cullen's voice.

I went to TRU today and saw around six helmets in stock. Only one of them was labeled "TRY ME! Featuring the REAL movie voice!", yet all of them have Peter Cullen's voice.

And there are versions out there with Optimus Primals (David Kaye?) voice. I haven't found the Peter Cullen movie version yet.

So Hasbro announced at Botcon that the 'gimmick' for the Transformer Hero Animated toys will be...hold on to your seats..TRANSFORMING! *gasp!* At least that shoots my 'Pretenders' theory to hell, which I am very happy about.

The real news from Hasbro at BotCon though was that Classics is not only going to continue, but the second run will be longer than the first with more toys and characters like Sideswipe, Sunstreaker, Jazz, Ironhide, Octane, Galvatron, Prowl and more. They may even bring back Cosmos, whos mold (pics were shown) was sent to the Titanium line - which was then cancelled. Oh, and they said almost every triple-changer will be revisited.

So:

Animated toys will transform

Classics toys will continue and will kick much ass

Titanium toys will be history after WW Prowl (which Hasbro said will be hard to find)

Edited by eriku

I am more open minded about the animated show after the botcon reports. Classics returning is also awesome.

I'm more open-minded about the toys, but it's hard for me to be open-minded about the show itself since to date I haven't liked any Transformers series (as an adult, I loved G1 as a kid). I'm not expecting much, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were better than all the previous series because that would take very little.

I am more open minded about the animated show after the botcon reports. Classics returning is also awesome.

Hell yeah it's awesome. I'm also excited about Leader Brawl and that Voyager Osprey. And they're even "thinking" about a Voyager Bonecrusher. Score.

Classics Lambo brothers sounds fantastic... but I'm pissed about the Seekers. At least I was proven right in one way: Hasbro admitted that seeker repaints DO SELL. Hopefully they will release Thundercracker with the more stylized paint scheme that Classics Starscream and Skywarp have.

It's possible Shockwave could end up in Classics. They have the mold, it's a popular character and it's G1 enough to fit in Classics. I've already got my fingers crossed.

Was this stated at Botcon or are you speculating?

Classics are fine, but Alternators was by far my favourite TF line. A little more variety, especially with the Decepticons, and a couple better character choices (such as using Ironhide as the pickup truck rather than Prime who already had an MP release) could have made it practically perfect. I'll definitely miss this chapter of the Transformers franchise. Hopefully the MP toys will keep coming. An MP Soundwave with Laserbeak would be a welcome addition to my MP/Alternators shelf. Hmm, MP Astrotrain and Blitzwing? I know I'm dreaming, but hey.

Nothing that came out of Botcon excited me. Leader Brawl looks like it may be a brick and the clear plastic is silly. The movie Osprey looks like it may have propeller hands which I don't care for. I do like that they have plans for some of the movie vehicles to be made into movie TFs such as the Osprey, S7 SUV and buggy. It seems like a good way to extend the franchise. The Seeker exclusives killed what little interest I had in the Classics line. I'm thankful that Skywarp, my one and only Classic, wasn't one of the exclusives. I have no interest in the new show. The look, characters and plot just don't appeal to me.

The only Transformer I'm looking forward to at this point is MP Skywarp. The 08 Bumblebee would be a must have if it was yellow and gray instead of yellow and black. The Ultimate BB would be a lot more appealing if it had clear windows, a more accurate chest, interchangeable right arm and no motorized gimmicks. The toy as it now stands is intriguing but $90 is just too much for something that I'm not totally sold on.

Guest sh002

Ok, the Botcon seekers are exclusive as a set and will be worth whatever price because they are packaged together. Can't Hasbro still release the remaining Classics seekers individually even if it comes down to exclusive to one store? They won't be the same as the ones from Botcon.