Don't be so regional... :rolleyes: Zillion was quite popular on Japan, Brazil and France. They even had a transformable Trichange toy from SEGA impossible to find that goes for an insane amout of money among collectors.

Nah.. I'm just messing around :p ... chances of being Zillion are almost none. Just my obscure anime reference :ph34r:

Edited to attach SEGA's Trichange pic

I would stomp on a whole litter of baby penguins to get a hold of that Zillion toy.

But yeah, my vote is still on BGC. CM's put out the Knight Sabers toy line, and aren't they a part of Yamato? So bring on the motoslave...all the boomers, Macky's hardsuit, the DD Battlemover, AD Police Fodder, the armed gyrocopters, and don't forget the huggable full body Linna pillow!

Okay okay here is my two cents. I would have to say Mospeda because most, MOST of the macrossworlders know about it, have seen it and liked it and would appreciate those more than most anything else. I have never really seen BGC or Dorvak or some of the others mentioned. Most of us have seen Mospeda due to Robotech seeing how most of us learned of Macross from Robotech. It just seems to makes the most sense to me, but then i could be wrong because of the whole HG rights and what not. But i would much rather have an alpha/beta and rider armour than anything else right now.

Actually Mog, I had the same thought. A Yamato produced Dairugger would be pretty cool, but the price tag Yamato would attach to it might make my wallet cry.

Sorry to jump back to an earlier post. But the thing that would worry me more than the price is that almost all the key articulation points are where the vehicles connect. Not exactly a good formula for tight joints and cool poseability. :(

....Okay, let's get back to some more wild speculation!

Eh yeah, come to think about it, Graham didn't say it wasn't from Macross... I wonder if a TV ver. SDF-1 is coming our way?

A Yamato TV SDF-1 would be:

1) a transforming mecha from a popular 80's anime

2) and would make many MWers happy

hmmm....

..Or, a VF-4 Lightning III :D I have to admit, that was my first thought upon reading Graham's cryptic message.

Ofcourse.... Dangaioh!

We need a perfect transforming Dangaioh Mech.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...21360&st=40

second for Dangioh....although Studio HalfEye is in progress of making a perfect change Dangaioh. It would be great though if yamato stole the engineering (again) and made one larger than 4" and less than $500.

So now I'm thinking/wishing BD's Hargun from Megazone 1 .

I wonder what other Transforming mech from the '80's are there?

Maybe it's not a machine at all like what were used to as in Jets to robots & vice versa.

Escaflowne is a transforming mech and Yamato made it. It is Escaflowne yes? A dragon to robot?

Anyway, I'm thinking of the Garland in Megazone 23.

Edited by gian7675

Anyway, I'm thinking of the Garland in Megazone 23.

You do know that Yamato already did the Garland right?

I'll put my money on the SDF-1. It's from a popular 80's anime, there's a series and a movie, and it would be a fitting release for the 25th anniversary.

EDIT* Put in a link to the Garland toy for your convenience. ;)

Edited by Dante74

Bubblegum Crisis is unlikely. Yamato only made a few BGC trading figures. The hardsuit action figures are by Atelier Sai.

One of the other Garland designs from Megazone (2 or 3) is still a possibility...

And the only other one I can think of that hasn't been mentioned is Madox-01... And I'm not sure that one really transformed.

In his original update, Graham's exact words were "transforming toy". Did he say in subsequent posts that it was a "transforming mecha"? If not, I'm throwing in a vote for "Turbo Teen" ;)

I throw my guess out there for M.A.S.K.

How cool would high end collectable M.A.S.K. vehicles be :)

The way his statement is written, it really sounds like a probable One Shot toy, comparable to Escaflowne so a new toy line probably isn't in the works.

How many of those old shows had one main transforming mech as a centerpiece?

Edited by Ghadrack