I have to say, that I am disappointed that it's not Mospeada but oh well...

-Kyp

Don't be. CM is getting into the Mospeada business, and if what they will be shortly offering does well, there is always the chance they will eventually produce ride armors as well.

Edit: Can't type :wacko:

Here's more info lifted from ToyboxDX by Matt Alt himself.

I still need to get my photos together, but this was a pretty interesting show.

1) As Roger mentioned below, CM's is releasing a fully-transforming Legioss (Alpha) and Tread (Beta) fighter set. Looks to be about the size of the Toynami Masterpiece version, but with really different proportions, particularly around the intakes on the chest. Beta/Tread looks amazing. Yacolog has the shots covered, but here's one I took from an angle that shows some of the transformation mechanism.

2) Soul of Aramaki Shinji! Yamato is releasing a fully-transforming Bubblegum Crisis Motoslave in 1:15 scale (same as the Garland). Interestingly, and a little sadly, the late Taku "Professor Robo" Sato was involved in its production, apparently one of his last projects. (Fewture's also releasing his Mazinger 1969, the very last design of his that went into pre-production before his unexpected passing.) It comes with a "Hardsuit"-wearing Priss and is about half the physical size of the Garland.

3) Also on the Yamato front, they're releasing a DX-sized, fully-transforming Bryger from the "J9" series of shows. Could a perfectly-transforming Sasuraiger be next? One can hope.

4) Yet MORE on the Yamato front: a fully-transforming, ultra-realistic Groizer X is in the works. Who'd a thunk it?

I'm VERY looking forward to the fully-transforming Bryger. Hopefully no Yamato Syndrome on that one. :p

Will they make the riders too?

Man that looks sweet. I hope they re-release the Garland with non-breaking shoulders, because it would be cool to have a bunch of transforming motorcycle toys.

Matt mentioned that it will come with a Priss in hardsuit though if it's anything like their Shogo Yahagi I wouldn't be expecting to get much play value out of the rider.

It does look a little fat and 1/15 is a tiny scale, half the height of the Garland makes it about 5" tall.

Would have preferred 1/12 for this so that it could duke it out with Chrico and his Dawg but never mind, chance are I'll be buying this.

Seems a bit small. I can put up with the smallness if the bike is make out of die-cast - the shinny metal cover would be a nice touch but of course it ain't going to happen so I think I am on the boarderline with this one.

But it is nice to see a transformable Motoslave.

My thoughts too, I thought the motoslave was like an exo suit, so is this one?

It's been a while since I've seen the original BGC, but IIRC it was only an exo suit in 2040, and a separate autonomous robot in the original. Either way, cool looking.

It's been a while since I've seen the original BGC, but IIRC it was only an exo suit in 2040, and a separate autonomous robot in the original. Either way, cool looking.

The motoslaves operated as both an autonomous robot as well as an exo suit that fit over the hardsuit.

Hope it works as an exo suit!!!

If you look at the lower legs, it seems the pedals for the feet are there, they just need to be hinged out. I can't find the handles of the forearms.

A pic showing the motoslave as an exo suit:

post-557-1172781275_thumb.jpg

Ok that is what I thought, but looking at the box art I think we won't see the exo-suit third mode, something like that would most assuredly be shown on the box right?

That is exactly what I thought when I first saw the picture but on looking later I realised that isn't the box, it's just a placard showing what they've achieved so far.

The footholds are there and it looks like it can open up, I'm sure Priss will be able to wear it.

Imagine that! I usually don't get too excited when people talk about new Cyclone toys. But a Yamato Cyclone the same scale as the Garland and Motoslave, Weeee!

I don't care who makes a Mospeada next or afterwards as long as they do all three body styles and provide decent rider figures with either removable helmets or swappable heads.

I need the whole team. :D

I don't care who makes a Mospeada next or afterwards as long as they do all three body styles and provide decent rider figures with either removable helmets or swappable heads.

I need the whole team. :D

That's precisely my point: The ride armors aren't "perfect transformation", really, so to compensate that, the sculpt of the bikes and riders should be really nice for me to buy them, and as far as I can see, Toynami's aren't the case.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, I was wrong, The priss figure actually looks very good and the red on the Motoslave itself is very nice,

From ToyboxDX.com,

The box art shows the hand held cannon to be shorter than the motoslave. Most line art I've seen shows the cannon being taller than the motoslave.

Motoslave

The box art shows the hand held cannon to be shorter than the motoslave. Most line art I've seen shows the cannon being taller than the motoslave.

Motoslave

That's because the Motoslave that Yamato is producing is Priss's v1 motoslave, not the v2 which is pictured in the line art you posted. For reference v1 and v2 are not official names, just what I call them to differentiate between their incarnations. Both are officially called Motoslave.

the v1 motoslave is smaller than the v2, with a smaller gun. all of the Knight Sabers had this version of the motoslave in the anime ( except Nene. If she had one it was never shown.)

The motoslaves operated as both an autonomous robot as well as an exo suit that fit over the hardsuit.

That is exactly what I thought when I first saw the picture but on looking later I realised that isn't the box, it's just a placard showing what they've achieved so far.

The footholds are there and it looks like it can open up, I'm sure Priss will be able to wear it.

Also the v1 motoslave could not act as an additional armor/suit, it could only transform into a support mecha. So don't expect to be able to put Priss inside this sculpt of the Motoslave, if it's true to the anime I'm pretty sure you won't be able to.

Priss's v1 hardsuit and Motoslave were destroyed during a battle (episode 5 or 6?) and replaced with their v2's (Priss's hard suit in this sculpt is also a v1).

The v2 motoslave is larger than the v1, it sports a dual headlight configuration and a beefier frame as well as the longer cannon most are familiar with. Only Priss ever had this version of the Motoslave. In this verison Priss could ride inside it as an extended armor. This is also my favorite incarnation of the motoslave, but it's not the first motoslave to appear in the anime, nor is it the one Yamato is producing.

Most likey Yamato opted for this version first because, as I said earlier, all of the Knight Sabers had one. So if it sells well, they can reuse the sculpt for the motoslave and pair it with the other hardsuits to extend the line at a lower cost. In my opinion if they do produce a v2 motoslave, it would probably only be after they release the other 3 hardsuits w motoslave.

I'm still on the fence about this one. On the plus side, it's the first motoslave ever produced, its an accurate sculpt, and it has Priss in her v1 suit (my favorite version). On the minus, it's not the v2 motoslave, which I would want more... But if it doesn't sell then theres no chance for a v2 motoslave... Oh well, I have some time to decide.

I'll see if I can dig up some good camparison images of the v1 and v2 motoslaves to show all the differnces.

PS: when do we get some 2040 hardsuit sculpts?, they had some interesting designs too.

Edited by Busted VF1A