Yamato's 1/60 SV-51.

UN Spacy

Forget gold decals or gold stickers. Just get your hands on this stuff; it is self adhesive and so thin that all the surface detail shows through.

I'd rather the plane came with yellow stripes like the Hasegawa kit, but since gold is a fata compli, as David said, it should definitely be light golden yellow and not a darker shade like metallic gold.

Edited by mechaninac

i can't wait for this to get here. unfortunately i will be playing tetris again to try to find storage space for the toy box.

What I found out that I didn’t know before, was that when Macross Zero was in preproduction, Tenjin actually worked very closely with Kawamori on the Macross Zero designs and that Tenjin was actually the one that did the color schemes for all the mecha. Kawamori did the black and white lineart designs and then passed them onto Tenjin and told him to convert them into CG and come up with the color schemes.

According to both Kawamori and Tenjin, gold is actually the correct color for Nora’s SV-51 markings, not yellow.

Graham

That's some very interesting trivia, thanks for posting it! It must've been quite an honor for Tenjin to have free reign in coloring Kawamori's designs. It paid off too because I love the color schemes that Tenjin chose. Actually, I'm not too keen on Nora's colors, but since she's the arch-rival of the series I can see why he made her colors more flamboyant.

Gold stickers are fine, it's a decaling thing--it's all about when it comes into contact with various liquids and chemicals. They're fine when dry, but since decaling itself requires water--there's issues. Some gold decals are better than others, and if you have just a few with a simple shape it's no problem to trim off the clear. But you'd be spending hours and hours and hours trying to trim out ones as complex as Nora's.

mechaniac---It'd be a lot of work to cut out the pattern yourself from bare metal. Normally you follow the panel lines our outline of a piece. But you can't see through it to copy the stripes. Unless the stripes are raised just enough that you actually could get it to imprint the shape through the foil. But it sure would look cool. (Some airlines used to use gold foil for their schemes--high maintenance, but looked impressive--it's said Eastern used actual gold leaf for their falcon)

Thanks for the update Graham.

if gold is here to stay then make it as matte as possible. Dont make it shiny. And it should be yellow gold, not the brownish greenish or even orangish gold out there...

I'd definitely would like the magenta body to be more reddish than the darkish purple.

It's really nice to hear that there's still some wiggle room with the colors and that they're a little more open with consumer opinion.

EDIT: OHH and it'd be kick ass if the canopy was slightly tinted gold... oooooooooooo~

Edited by Nani?!

Yeah, that is kinda ironic--we want the canopy gold but not the stripes. :)

And redder/pinker is better than the purple it is now. But don't make it too red, or it'll look like Milia's. It needs to be magenta/fuschia---not too red, not too pale-pink, not too purple. :)

I also agree, that's why I built one of my Hasegawa's that way. Here are a few pic's of my lovely SV-51 I built a few years ago.

Chris

I showed the pics of Dobber's Russian style SV-51 to Yamato and they love it, so there is a possibilty we might see a repaint toy in the future.

Also, I just asked for an update on the release date of Ivanov and apparently the shipping containers are already on the way by sea from China to Japan and have either just landed or will be landing any day now in Japan.

Graham

I showed the pics of Dobber's Russian style SV-51 to Yamato and they love it, so there is a possibilty we might see a repaint toy in the future.

Also, I just asked for an update on the release date of Ivanov and apparently the shipping containers are already on the way by sea from China to Japan and have either just landed or will be landing any day now in Japan.

Graham

Oh, thats just awesome. That is one repaint I would definately buy, I hope they really run with it.

Graham

Oh Man. That's awsome. I'm getting one as well. I hope they call it "Dobber type".

Graham

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HOPE THEY REALLY MAKE A DOBBER TYPE!!!!!!

I'm happy. I'm happy. I'm happy. I'm happy. I'm not gonna worry about the fact that I am about to get charged for a VFOS a Gumma and Encore Starscream together. I'm happy. I'm happy. I'm happy. I have plenty of food in the fridge. Yesss :)

Time to auction off more Transformers!

VFTF1

Does anyone know if Yamato revealed the actual reason for the release delay? I know a bunch of ideas were batted around, but did they ever tell Graham what the true reason was?

just curious

That's gotta be one heck of a compliment, that they like it so much they may make it. It very well may happen---the original low-vis VF-1 was based off a fan's repaint that appeared in a model magazine.

A better compliment would be if Yamato actually pay some money to the guys they take their non cannon color schemes from <_< Yamato's non cannon schemes are fugly as hell. The GBP Urban Camo and the Low Vis 1 are the best IMHO and they were designed by fans.

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

So the 28th of August huh? So does that mean this "angel of death" will be arriving on my doorstep in a matter of a couple of weeks or less? Woot! The anticipation is following through me faster than 30oz glass of beer. XD

**Prays for tight fitting parts, no stress marks, nothing broken** Is that really too much to ask for from a $220 toy? We need official pictures of this thing with tampo and all ^_^ . I'd really be a surprise if YAMATO busts out with a slim, but strong as hell box. That'd make my day. B))

Wow!!! That's too cool!!! I really hope they do make it!! Like David said, it would be a huge compliment. I'd love it if they did make one, to put my name as a pilots name: Christopher Dobinson "Dobber". Here's to hoping! :D

Chris

I'm planning to pre-order the new SV-51, but I'm not sure from which website to pre-oder. I live in Houston and SV-51 will be my first Macross toy, so I don't want to risk it. From which website did you guys pre-ordered your SV-51s, and do you advise your websites?