Yamato's 1/60 SV-51.

UN Spacy

Originally I didn't like the SV-51, but the more I see of it I can't resist getting it. I won't take the chance of ordering before some reviews, but if all goes well I will definately get it quickly. As for Nora and the gold. I'm not a fan of her anyways so it's not much issue for me. I know gold on toys is sometimes too much and can look cheap. Hopefully they tone it down so it's not solid gold and maybe a little burnished. The Dobber repaint would be very nice though. The colors just work well with the design, which could pry some more money from my wallet.

Originally I didn't like the SV-51, but the more I see of it I can't resist getting it. I won't take the chance of ordering before some reviews, but if all goes well I will definately get it quickly. As for Nora and the gold. I'm not a fan of her anyways so it's not much issue for me. I know gold on toys is sometimes too much and can look cheap. Hopefully they tone it down so it's not solid gold and maybe a little burnished. The Dobber repaint would be very nice though. The colors just work well with the design, which could pry some more money from my wallet.

Same here. no Nora but deffinetly the Dobber. If Yamato don't make the Dobber it would be a huge mistake. That would be like the LV1 allover again. until then I just want my Ivanov. :wub:

The colors just work well with the design, which could pry some more money from my wallet.

Don't get me started on wallets, man, you knwo what happened in the YF-21 thread, doncha? :):):)

As for where to order from on the internet - if you live in Huston, I'd say go with Bigbadtoystore.com.

I order from HLJ, who are cheaper (for obvious reasons!) and very reliable, but that's because I live in Europe and would just be over-paying with BBTS on this one... But if you live stateside; might as well just get it with BBTS.

VFTF1

I was looking at the Yamato website, and they put a release date for the SV-51, it's the 28 from this month :p

RELEASE DATE!

Finally

I suppose that it is a finally version...not fails :unsure:

Have you seen this transformation video on the Yamato site? http://www.yamato-toys.com/dev/cont_021/index.html

Nice ^_^

I think is safe to assume these are production samples. That's enough tampo for me :)

Source.

The Yf-19 too, two models...much money :(

I'm planning to pre-order the new SV-51, but I'm not sure from which website to pre-oder. I live in Houston and SV-51 will be my first Macross toy, so I don't want to risk it. From which website did you guys pre-ordered your SV-51s, and do you advise your websites?

Try Lost and Found Toys, a very reliable seller: www.laftoys.com

Thanks Vermillion21, but laftoys is already soldout, I will try bigbadtoystore...

D'oh! Sorry about that. Mind you, they typically have a few extra when the order arrives. But at a slightly higher price.

Good luck finding one mate.

heh.

Now I'm glad this thing is being released end of the month - I need my next paycheck to pay for it :)

Funny how I was wondering Lot of Beast Wars Neo/II or this and ended up buying 300usd worth of BW, then decided to get teh VF-OS, then also picked up Encore Starscream, then fell in love with and bought 6 Revoltechs, and all the while was waiting on the sv-51 :)

Good thing I auctioned off some old TFs or I'd be more broke than a boxer's nose now :)

VFTF1

I wouldn't worry about the pic on danny's page. He's not exactly a macross fanatic and I doubt he has any more recent information than graham. Besides, we've seen pictures of the sv-51 with both tampo and stickers. I doubt yamato would go through all the trouble of making the stamps only to shelve it.

I wish they would print those little details, all it would take is one pass.

IMHO I think all the markings should be tampoed on at the prices we pay, I really dislike stickers. The gold would have to be tampoed on ( one hopes ) the nora just imagine placing all those stickers, it's hard enough doing it on the Hasegawa kit with decal solution. :wacko:

I just think that stickers gives that little bit of tackyness to otherwise great product aimed at collectors. I just can't see many people buying a SV-51 for thier five year old to fly around the back yard.

And if there is someone out there that buys there five year old one can they buy me a few I'll fly around with him.

I second that notion! I wouldn't mind flying around looking like a complete idiot if it means I get 3 free SV-51's. xD Hell, I'll even dance like a little girl in rags if they ask me too.

On a serious note if the ship containing these things is already on its way to China then it should to still be on schedule. Patience is needed and Graham like the rest of us has a life outside of MW. Yes I said it he and all the rest you guys out there have a life outside MW. xD Personally Nora's color looks ok too me, but I'm not going to buy that one anyways. Me thinks I should start saving for the 1/60 YF-21 coming out later in 08.

Until then more Transformers will go on ebay! Look for the seller mrxwind for all your transformer, coin, comic book and gemstone needs. B))

Yeah, generally I dislike it when people say things like: but bandai... but in this case, look at the MP SS... even as much of a POS it is, I love all this nice detailing on it.

The POS are the transformation instructions that come with MP SS. Starting the transformation by pulling the part with the airbrake cancels the stress the wings go thru when following the instructions. I've transformed the hell out of it and the wings are fine. Give it a try because every time a MP SS transforms an angel gets its wings.

The important date is when the SV-51 hits the Japan street shops. There was no YF-19 review or anything until that happened. When it arrives I’m sure Graham will post the review right away like last time.