Yamato's 1/60 SV-51.

UN Spacy

woo hoo!

Graham, give it to your son.. that will tell us if there are any QC problems rather quickly. :D

Go on, I dare you!

Best case scenario, I'll be getting mine in about 4 hours from now.

Worst case scenario, I'll be getting it 24 hours from now.

If I get it today, I'll try and post some pics tonight.

Graham

Okay it is about 50 minutes after 6pm in HK now..... :huh::mellow: (waiting anxiously for Graham's review)

Lots of Tampo printing. Tails, both wings, heatshield, head.

Only a few quick fighter mode pics for now as my lighting here is terrible. Swoosh's pics are far better than mine.

Haven't transformed it yet. This is the first Yamato Valk in ages that I don't know how to transform before the release date. Need to actually study the manual.

Box is reasonable size for what you get. Two trays, one with SV and weapons, other with display stand.

SV is a work of art. No idea about durability yet tho.

Graham

post-11-1188308636_thumb.jpg

post-11-1188308647_thumb.jpg

post-11-1188308662_thumb.jpg

post-11-1188308674_thumb.jpg

Lots of Tampo printing. Tails, both wings, heatshield, head.

Only a few quick fighter mode pics for now as my lighting here is terrible. Swoosh's pics are far better than mine.

Haven't transformed it yet. This is the first Yamato Valk in ages that I don't know how to transform before the release date. Need to actually study the manual.

Box is reasonable size for what you get. Two trays, one with SV and weapons, other with display stand.

SV is a work of art. No idea about durability yet tho.

Graham

I don't how to transform it too... haha.

One thing to complain is that missle pod (the 4 black one) cannot attached to the wings very well, pretty easy to pop off.... and canopy is not as clear as recent release.

more pic in fighter mode:

DSCF1485_s_001.jpg

DSCF1486_s_001.jpg

DSCF1483_s_001.jpg

DSCF1484_s_001.jpg

DSCF1487_s_001.jpg

DSCF1488_s_001.jpg

DSCF1489_s_001.jpg

Everything looks beautiful, no stress mark seen yet (0 transformation)

Edited by Swoosh

what a beauty! Well one thing they've fixed from the YF19, the gunpod looks straight when attached in fighter mode. :)

Swoosh, your pics are awesome!

The wings not supporting all that weight 100% straight is kinda meh... but that is one beautifull bird, so who cares.

And Graham didn't have a pre-release sample :blink: That sucks, now we'll have to wait for his review :lol: (and I think he likes to take the time to do them right and not rushed).

Edited by Twoducks

Thanks for the awesome pics swoosh. I need to change my pants now. That gerwalk and fighter mode is awesome! The tampo prints are really nice.....especially the one on the cockpit canopy.

I kinda expected the wings problem....I just hope its hardy enough to hold the missiles and boosters for long periods of time. I'm afraid that it may snap over time or something.

Thanks for the great pics! I cannot wait to get my hands on one, but i know it'll be a ways off, but your shots really help!

Are the wings sagging with the boosters bc/ you've got the wings straight? In the anime, it looks like the wings are bent with the boosters equipped.

post-2015-1188313372_thumb.png

Edited by promethuem5

Looks fantastic! :D Thanks for the pictures, Swoosh!

The wings go into gull configuration any time the boosters are lit, but the rest of the time, the wings are straight, even with the boosters mounted.

~Luke

kind of sucks about the wings not being able to support the weight of the missiles/pods. :mellow:

it looks great so far but i'll have to wait for a review from someone whos brave enough to transform it first.

thanks for the pics.

one question, can you extend the head out in fighter mode?

Thanks for the great pics! I cannot wait to get my hands on one, but i know it'll be a ways off, but your shots really help!

Are the wings sagging with the boosters bc/ you've got the wings straight? In the anime, it looks like the wings are bent with the boosters equipped.

I will try it after I can figured out how to fix those missle pod properly.... they just keep coming off.... <_<