Yamato's 1/60 SV-51.

UN Spacy

The "R" word! Somebody said the "R" word! Get my flamethrower and asbestos underpants, we're gonna be barbequing tonight !!

Edited by Busted VF1A

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but this lack of news smells like delay to me.

Well... most yamato's hit the shelves rather quietly. They just come out one day around the ETA or a week or two after...

Really hard to tell what's happening though.

LOL! Gotta love his item despriction. :lol:

A must for Macross collectors which are extremely rare.

Looks like we're a dying breed. :lol:

That was funny. :lol: Man I missed the SV-51 flying around in Macross Plus and Robotech. Ouch don't you just love the $45 shipping fee?

Whats with all the madness, Yamato announces that they are pulling all products to fix a boxing error, now we dont hear an update or any info about the problem. Im all for fixing problems with production but whats with the no info, I wanna know what happened :wacko: !

Whats with all the madness, Yamato announces that they are pulling all products to fix a boxing error, now we dont hear an update or any info about the problem. Im all for fixing problems with production but whats with the no info, I wanna know what happened :wacko: !

Pardon? Boxing Error? All products pulled? Eh?

What did I miss?

Right !!!

as customers we deserve at least a confirmed date and some updates on this issue on the SV-51 <_<

Spoke with Yamato on Saturday morning and they confirmed that the Ivanov SV-51 is still on schedule for release at the end of August.

With transforming toys as complex as this, there are always many small design, QA/QC and assembly related issues that need to be addressed prior to the final release. Sometimes resolving these takes longer than expected, hence the delay in release.

Yamato are trying very hard to ensure this product is a perfect as humanly possible for the first release.

Graham

NORA SV-51 COLOR NEWS

I spoke with Yamato on Saturday regarding the Nora SV-51 and they advised me that the gold markings are here to stay :(. Actually, not sure if they are exactly gold, copper or bronze, just that they are metallic. I’m waiting for Yamato to send me some good quality studio pics of Nora’s SV-51 as the Wonder Fest pics have very dodgy lighting.

What I found out that I didn’t know before, was that when Macross Zero was in preproduction, Tenjin actually worked very closely with Kawamori on the Macross Zero designs and that Tenjin was actually the one that did the color schemes for all the mecha. Kawamori did the black and white lineart designs and then passed them onto Tenjin and told him to convert them into CG and come up with the color schemes.

According to both Kawamori and Tenjin, gold is actually the correct color for Nora’s SV-51 markings, not yellow.

Regarding Hasegawa’s SV-51 Nora model kit, I was told was that the reason that the Hasegawa kit came with yellow decals for the markings is that there is some problem with producing good quality gold decals (perhaps David or other model kit gurus can confirm this)? Which is why Hasegawa went with Yellow.

It’s been a few months since I last watched Macross Zero, so I’m going to have to pop it into the DVD player and pay special attention to Nora’s SV-51, to see if the markings indeed look more gold or yellow.

In a way, it’s good that Yamato works closely with Kawamori (and now Tenjin), as it means we get more accurately designed toys. However, on the downside it does mean that the aforementioned gentlemen, sometimes get to mess around with the color schemes as they have final approval, not Yamato.

Regarding the base color of the Nora toy, there is still some wiggle-room for correction, so if any MWers want to post suggestions or color swatches for what you think the correct shade of magenta/purple/pink the toy should be, please do so ASAP.

Graham

I'm really glad to hear Yamato is taking a lot of measure to assure proper QC for us, they do hear us.... yeiii!!

I don't really like the pink and yellow scheme for the Nora type...so I don't care about the colors it's coming, but I do have to admit, those picture looked WAY off...too bad, it can't be fixed for the Nora type lovers

NORA SV-51 COLOR NEWS

What I found out that I didn’t know before, was that when Macross Zero was in preproduction, Tenjin actually worked very closely with Kawamori on the Macross Zero designs and that Tenjin was actually the one that did the color schemes for all the mecha. Kawamori did the black and white lineart designs and then passed them onto Tenjin and told him to convert them into CG and come up with the color schemes.

According to both Kawamori and Tenjin, gold is actually the correct color for Nora’s SV-51 markings, not yellow.

Wow, what an interesting piece of trivia. I wonder, perhaps I should add Tenjin's name to the credits for the Macross Zero mecha on the M3? Thanks for sharing.

I'll be one of the few to say that I like the toy with the gold markings. I wasn't planning on getting one anyway, but if I were, the way the Nora SV-51 looks from the pics, I'd be much more likely to pick up the Nora.

I believe it, but I just can't see it. Doing a quick scan of Macross Zero, Episode 2, this pic is a good example of what many, if not all, the close-up shots reveal.

p7210003wr5.jpg

Edited by Wicked Ace

I may suggest that the Gold color used on the Wonder Fest proto model should be a more lighter gold compared to dark gold. So in this case, I would suggest Yamato to use the traditional modeller Yellow-Gold application. That way the gold is not dark and 'burnt', but rather more light and colorful.

As for the body, the magenta color should be more of a light pink lavender.

I don't mind the gold---it's different, but it's ok. So long as it's GOLD, and not bronze or copper. Bright metallic yellow, not yellow-orange, orangey-yellow, or brown-yellow.

As for the main color---MAGENTA. Not pink, not purple. Magenta. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magenta Lots of nice ones would work for Nora---rich magenta or process magenta are best I think. Actually, due to ambiguation, many shades of fuschia are better matches than magenta. Cherise is a good color too. (Any variation of it). (Yes, I do know a LOT of colors) Or if you want one that's more red, even amaranth or true rose.

Basically--I'll take most anything in the fuschia/magenta category, so long as it's not too red or too purple. From the pics so far, looks a bit purple. Make it more pink. I mean c'mon---it's a girly-painted mech, second only to Mylene's. I think the important thing was as mentioned before--the relative contrast between the magenta and gold. The gold looks so much darker now, it's not the COLOR, it's the BRIGHTNESS that looks off. It affects the whole way it contrasts with the overall background color.

Anyways---yes, gold decals are an issue unto themselves. All of us airline modelers know all about how gold decals work due to Continental Airlines, who always has gold, sometimes a LOT of gold.

Basically---most gold decals turn their clear film green upon contact with most decal solutions, and any non-distilled water. They also tend to react to other decals, so no layering.

If you wanted to decal Nora's scheme with gold decals, you'd have to trim *every* bit of clear film off and have only the gold. Also, you'd have to use distilled water, and avoid any decal set.

I need to go watch the anime again to get a good feel for Nora's colors, I haven't seen it since Oct I think.

Intersesting news about Nora's colors. I agree that the gold LOOKS too dark...needs to be a little brighter. Don't know if Yamato will change that though.Like Graham said need to see better pictures of it. With this new info, I may have to get another SV-51 model and PAINT the gold markings on so it can be accurate.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Intersesting news about Nora's colors. I agree that the gold LOOKS too dark...needs to be a little brighter. Don't know if Yamato will change that though.Like Graham said need to see better pictures of it. With this new info, I may have to get another SV-51 model and PAINT the gold markings on so it can be accurate.

Chris

agreed

it would be pretty easy to cover it with a nicer yellow

^_^

Graham, do you know how much of the gold will be tampo/painted on?

I hope it's all; from what David says, we won’t have custom gold decals and Yamato stickers don’t have many fans.

And David, is there any problem associated with gold stickers?