Yamato's 1/60 SV-51.

UN Spacy

Lol. Yeah, high grade. The best transforming toy I had before this (not including something like the new transformers movie toys for my son) was Stealth Valkyrie VF-17D the all plasitc one. I got that one way back in the 90's when my friend got married in Japan. I think I may still have it in a storage box somewhere. Too bad those aren't collector items. hehe

Lol. Yeah, high grade. The best transforming toy I had before this (not including something like the new transformers movie toys for my son) was Stealth Valkyrie VF-17D the all plasitc one. I got that one way back in the 90's when my friend got married in Japan. I think I may still have it in a storage box somewhere. Too bad those aren't collector items. hehe

Oh High Grade heheheheh :lol: my bad :lol:

Anyone want to try and translate the steps on the "how-to-fix" chinese version into english 21.gif

Let me try to translate it, he did it by removing the pin (Sounds dangerous...), you will see there 2 bars (male joint?) on the hinge.

When you turn it over, you can see the left hinge should be symmetric to the right hinge (workers used 2 left right side hinge on both wings)

Turn it over and you will find one of the "male thing" on the hinge is longer than the other, so file/trim the "male" thing a bit to make it the same length to the left hinge.

Put it back... and it is done

Hope this explains, or please help to rephase it in better english....

Removing the pin is not easy, so I might just live with this....

P.S. I am asking for permission to put his pic here... ^_^

Edited by Swoosh

Wait. So you need to put stickers on? Or that the stickers on the toy rubs off so they give you extras? Sorry for the dumb questions. Whats Tempos?

Sticker sheet scan as requested. Apart from the pilot's name sticker, it's pretty redundant as all the major markings are already tampo printed on.

Graham

How hard is it to move the metal pin in a hinge? I've never been able to move them in other toys (afraid of forcing them to much).

How's the posabiliy of the SV-51? Same as the 1/48?

BTW, those Toysdaily emoticons sure are cute :lol:

I am dogjumpjump who fixed the problem one

not very hard to move the metal pin, just use small screwdriver to push the metal pin from the end to the front

(pls look the direction in this photo)

sv51_err6.jpg

I think GRAW(Swoosh) will help me to put photos here and translation them into English version

Thanks for his help!!!

Edited by dojumpjump

Thanks for the translation swoosh. So this problem is it prevalent in all the releases? Even so I don't think its a big issue since the wings are folded at the back and can't be seen at a normal viewing angle anyway.

The swappover of that part looks pretty easy.

Mine has shipped from Toy-wave BTW...

Thats a pretty small sticker sheet really. Interesting lack of a lot of the normal 'no step' and similar warnings and markings. Luckily I have an abundance left on the other sticker sheets.

As for those stickers, Ill be using them on my stealth VF-1! Those red skull n blades stickers will look awesome!

Good to see you here dogjumpjump!!

Left wing cannot be fully folded

sv51_err1.jpg

Because both of the hinge are right side hinge

sv51_err4.jpg

Remove the pin

sv51_err6.jpg

Cut the tab/male joint/peg a bit

sv51_err7.jpg

Fixed!!

sv51_err8.jpg

Thanks for the solution dogjumpjump ^_^

Edited by Swoosh

I would've never have known there was two right side pins. I would've either thought it was normal or forced it and broke it. Btw, not sure what makes it have a right and left pin, could you not pull the pin out, then just flip the backward part? and put the pin back into it?

Edited by starstreak007

Interesting lack of a lot of the normal 'no step' and similar warnings and markings. Luckily I have an abundance left on the other sticker sheets.

As for those stickers, Ill be using them on my stealth VF-1!

Since you mentioned "NO STEP," I feel compelled to add my opinion. ^_^ The "NO STEP" markings have two primary purposes: 1.) fall prevention; and 2.) preventing damage to fragile wing surfaces from tool boxes, etc. being set on them. As for fall prevention, if the moveable surface does not have hydraulic pressure, then the part may give way if stepped on. I'm not so sure the VF-0 and later variable fighters rely on (only?) hydraulics to keep wing surfaces firm. Also, there are recent modern fighter plane examples that have done away with the "NO STEP" markings altogether.

As far as damage to wing surface prevention, it's very difficult for me to see the VF-0 and later variable fighter wings being fragile. Going through the Macross timeline, from as early as Macross Zero, we see the VF-0 get thrown onto the wings (see Macross Zero, second episode) with no damage to the wings. Additionally, we get to see aerial manuevers that would arguably rip wings made from conventionall materials apart. Consequently, I think (tedious) application of the "NO STEP" markings goes more to looking realistic than being realistic, so save yourself some time (unless you really like the look of these markings). For those totally not interested in this, please forgive the ramblings of a drunk. :lol:

Edited by Wicked Ace

Also, do Russo-German-Israeli planes of the future have ENGLISH warning signs on them? English is the universal aviation language, and many non-English-speaking nations still use "No Step", but if there's one place you won't find English, it's Russian-speaking nations.

Personally, if I wanted to decal up a Sv-51, I'd buy a Flanker sheet.

Since you mentioned "NO STEP," I feel compelled to add my opinion. ^_^ The "NO STEP" markings have two primary purposes: 1.) fall prevention; and 2.) preventing damage to fragile wing surfaces from tool boxes, etc. being set on them. As for fall prevention, if the moveable surface does not have hydraulic pressure, then the part may give way if stepped on. I'm not so sure the VF-0 and later variable fighters rely on (only?) hydraulics to keep wing surfaces firm. Also, there are recent modern fighter plane examples that have done away with the "NO STEP" markings altogether.

As far as damage to wing surface prevention, it's very difficult for me to see the VF-0 and later variable fighter wings being fragile. Going through the Macross timeline, from as early as Macross Zero, we see the VF-0 get thrown onto the wings (see Macross Zero, second episode) with no damage to the wings. Additionally, we get to see aerial manuevers that would arguably rip wings made from conventionall materials apart. Consequently, I think (tedious) application of the "NO STEP" markings goes more to looking realistic than being realistic, so save yourself some time (unless you really like the look of these markings). For those totally not interested in this, please forgive the ramblings of a drunk. :lol:

Besides the "No Step" markings would've to be written in Cyrillic, or do russians mark their planes in english?

Transformed my SV-51 to Gerwalk mode again last night and then to Battroid mode for the first time. There’s lots of folding going on in the torso, but it’s not as complex or as difficult as I expected. I still haven’t quite wrapped my mind around the transformation process well enough to film a video yet, (i.e. I can’t do it blindfolded in under a minute yet, like I can with a 1/48, but I’m getting there!) B))

Not sure if my SV-51 has the wrong wing hinge issue in Battroid mode, as both wings look the same to me when folded. I will check more carefully when I get home tonight.

Although my number of transformations has been pretty small, I’m so far very happy with this toy. No stress marks observed, nothing broken, it stands by itself in Battroid and Gerwalk, the joints seem pretty tight (nice ratchets in the elbows and knees) and it looks absolutely stunning in all three modes, but especially fighter.

The only minor issue I’ve observed and that Swoosh also commented on, is that some of the missile pods do fall off pretty easily if bumped, but I can live with that. I’m not going to start screaming about being gang-raped by Yamato! :rolleyes:

Graham

I’m not going to start screaming about being gang-raped by Yamato!

I sincerely hope this is not the price you have to pay to bring us the latest information. If it is, then we all owe you a big thanks for "taking one for the team."

Edited by Wicked Ace

Great pics guys. Hopefully others won't have the pin problem, but it seems like an easy enough fix. Ditto on the sticker sheet. I still have alot of left over stickers from Taka's sheet's to No STEP the SV-51 to death.

Swoosh,

Thanks for taking the time to post the wing fix. I'm bummed that we need a wing fix, but not post-19-1188447102.gif angry, just a little: post-19-1188447132.gif

That was dogjumpjump's pic, I just put them in English, he fixed it the same night after he bought it ^_^ , pretty efficient!!

Edited by Swoosh

Besides the "No Step" markings would've to be written in Cyrillic, or do russians mark their planes in english?

I think sv-51r is modified from Russian , SU-27

since it's shape is very similar to su-27

let's take a look

su27_06.jpg

------

and some decals like "X"(=No Step) and some small label is copied from making son SU-27

you can find two makings with are used on sv-51 too (e.g. "X" , converted "C")

ru_aircraft_su27_10.jpg

That's a good news to me, since I love su-27 / su-35 very very much, more than F-14 :lol:

Edited by dojumpjump

**Prays mine from HLJ will be flawless** At the very least this problem doesn't seem as severe has some of the VF-0 problems. Still paying a payload of money for a high quality item only for you too do a "check up" and possible "retool" is beyond me. Thanks Swoosh and Dojumpjump for providing info and pics on how to fix this problem. I feel like if I try and fix it I'll end up destroying the whole thing. :angry: Everything explodes in my hands :(

Graham if you have this problem as well would you mind showing us in your video how to fix this as well? Hopefully this problem isn't universal. Darn QC guy wake up! The bloody coffee isn't going to get any stronger.