Wave High advancd Model 1/5000 DYRL SDF-1 Diecast!

xstoys

The pictures look so unreal to me though. I look at it and it really looks like it came out of the animation or it looks like a 3D model. I dun believe that i'm looking at a completed toy prototype. The detail is awesome if it will come completed and painted.

the ship mode looks holey...... like they concentrated on the standing mode of the SDF which if fine.... but the ship looks horrible w/ all those holes and space in the back of it...

if i got this.... it'd be in standing display all the time.....

Edited by kiririth

I've said before that Yamato was missing an EASY win by not making a DYRL SDF-1 and now Wave has stolen their thunder. Serves them right.

Totally, but a little competition doesn't hurt.

Hopefully this'll light a fire in Bandai or Yamato to make a NEW version.

I like the detail and overall look but it's just a bit to small.

I'll wait for Yamato to their version...if they ever do one

Agreed. As excited as I am to see they DYRL Macross in toy/playmodel form, I'll wait until I can have one in a larger size. Especially at this price point. If they had made this in the same scale as the old Bandai and made it mostly plastic to keep down on costs, I would snap up at least 2.

I've said before that Yamato was missing an EASY win by not making a DYRL SDF-1 and now Wave has stolen their thunder. Serves them right.

Yeah! agree with you! But anyway why there are always DYRL versions???TV style is much better,and guys don't forget ths is the same size than the IMAI 1/5000, that i know is rare (i got it but still to built) but you can paint it it as you want, and it's a quite small size, far from YAM 1/48!!

All these money just to have a transformable one?????????? :wacko:

That is a nice Macross, kinda way expensive if it size is that small. Maybe if it was at least the same size as the Bandai version then the price would be o.k., I do want a DYRL Macross to go along with my Matchbox SDF-1.

u sure the price is 130-ish? hope they made somekinda pricing mistake on the website or sumthing might be wrong here

man...to think that the VF-0S kit by wave was like 15-17 bucks a piece...and relatively the same size as this kit...Ill skip this I guess...130+ for a 9 inch kit is way too absurd. Such anachronism must-be-burnt- ALaiyvvee !! :angry::lol:

Edited by aaajin

^^Well, I looked at the Yen price (15,540) in the first post, then checked out what the current exchange rate was last night with the dollar.

It came out to a little over US$130 or US$131.

And remember, this is the stated price before shipping and any possible taxes.

Most likely, they'll say the higher price is due to the amount of die-cast in it.

Edited by Mog

Hmm.......this is news too me.

If it's a pre-assembled & pre-painted toy, I'll definitely buy 1 or 2. If it's a kit that you have to build and paint, I'll pass.

Graham

You took the words right out of my mouth.....well maybe I'll pass on it........but it looks so freaking sweet!

the ship mode looks holey...... like they concentrated on the standing mode of the SDF which if fine.... but the ship looks horrible w/ all those holes and space in the back of it...

if i got this.... it'd be in standing display all the time.....

Technically the Macross in DYRL? remained in storm attacker mode throughout the movie, IIRC. I dun think it was ever in the battleship mode, so the emphasis on storm attacker mode is expected. Besides its the storm attacker mode which is iconic for Macross.

PS: Imagine if they made a variant where it was battle damaged, and you're able to split the body's torso and comes with a diorama lake to remake macross city. :lol:

Why can't Yamato do their own Macross with interchangeable arms?

ARMD sir? Nuu, i believe i will be taking the Promethious an Dadelous today. :p

(can't be battyed to look up the spelling, i forget easily)

Now that alone would be worth 150 USD deffinently (imo), not this floppy looking gapy leg distance overpriced mess.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie